PVP is dead for me

So with the introduction of bots for me there is no point in playing PVP. PVP is soooo sweaty I don’t enjoy that at all. Hopefully in future seasons they will bring firefight because I think I’ve officially quit PVP halo. And yes I will admit I’m not good at all in PVP. I can’t play high sensitivity. I mute everyone because I mic has been ruined by people playing music or eating on mic. PVP just sucks for me. It was more enjoyable when you had your buddies over and had lan parties. Now everyone is trying to be some MLG pro. What are your experiences with modern day PVP?

> 2533274875328566;1:
> What are your experiences with modern day PVP?

booting up MCC to play halo 3

I’m all for constructive feedback, but i’ve seen way too many people crying about “people are better than me/too sweaty”, go play some animal crossing to make yourself feel better. No one cares. it’s not constructive, it’s not productive, and it’s clogging up feedback for 343 to actually make the game better.

Imo, I think the game looks amazing and I think the decision to add things to the sandbox > base player traits, like movement and all that, is 1000% the right one.

The only constructive feedback i’d add is please make sure the graphics are upto par when it drops, close to 4k at 120 fps on the X and at least 1080 120 on the S.
See you out there, gonna go burn some mongrel crybaby hides.

Sbmm has been killing most modern pvp games now. The second you do good in a match your next matches are all against people of “similar” skill which just equates to absolute sweat fests. You can see streamers and pro players just creating smurf accounts and throwing matches in order to lower their sbmm in games as well. Sbmm literally balances nothing when there are ways to bypass it like that.

Playing games competitively solo is a way to make you hate that game. I was to close to getting onyx in halo 5, but even if I carried my teams I’d just get matched up against a 4 stack of smurf accounts and Id drop back down to diamond 1.

im enjoying it and disagree with the “sweaty” claim immensly. Seems people just dont like losing and are calling people who are better sweaty. This isnt specific to Halo but is something gamers just have shifted to doing in any game.

At the end of the day, people are ALWAYS going to play to win. They will outshoot you, use their pings, use their mics, whatever. Its going to happen in social and in ranked. Social only really differs in that the inherent skill needed to play is lower, it has a wider amount of modes and sandbox items and there is no punishment for losing (deranking). No one is trying to be MLG pro, they are just playing to win and being better doesnt mean they are sweatlords. Losing sucks and losing is unfun but if your going into an environment where people win and lose, you are going to win some and lose some.

That being said, I do hope the final product matches party size with party size or they at least have a solo queue. Its just generally healthier for the game in my view

I can’t imagine why anyone plays pvp and wonders why people don’t just roll over and let you win. Just because YOU suck at the game doesnt mean the game is bad. Go enjoy a different aspect, like you said. Go play against bots, they’re there for people who don’t want to try hard, they’re there for people who want to have fun and relax.

I gave up on 4v4 matches a while ago, unless it’s SWAT. I mute everyone anyway, there is no need to communicate in SWAT because you have enough visual and audio information to react. SWAT is awesome, everyone has the same weapons, no radar, it’s as pure as it gets for me. Regular 4v4 matches are incredibly boring, simply because the maps are just so small, they were small in previous Halos and they are small now and it’s just a claustrophobic, hyperactive spasm fest. I’ve had enough of these maps in all sorts of games over the years and I am only in this for big team battles and huge maps. If we don’t have them at launch then I will be sticking to Halo 5’s until we do get them.

That’s how I feel about all “modern PVP”, just sick of small maps. Give me big interesting areas with vehicles, power pick-ups and something that holds my attention. Showing off my K/D went out of style for me, I topped that feeling with Destiny’s Trials of Osiris and I am pretty much done with it. They removed big maps from Destiny and that was the reason I went back to Halo.

But as far as everyone trying to be an MLG Pro, I think you are misjudging people, PVP is a type of place where people naturally go to get better, unlike PVE it’s a dynamic environment and matches play out differently most of the time. I don’t think it’s necessary to judge or belittle people’s desire to get better and improve their skill. Life is about learning, if you lose the desire to learn and get better then you are opening up a door for all sorts of boring problems.

Just accept getting your butt kicked. The complaining about people being better than you is getting ridiculous lol.

> 2535461345712236;3:
> I’m all for constructive feedback, but i’ve seen way too many people crying about “people are better than me/too sweaty”, go play some animal crossing to make yourself feel better. No one cares. it’s not constructive, it’s not productive, and it’s clogging up feedback for 343 to actually make the game better.
>
> Imo, I think the game looks amazing and I think the decision to add things to the sandbox > base player traits, like movement and all that, is 1000% the right one.
>
> The only constructive feedback i’d add is please make sure the graphics are upto par when it drops, close to 4k at 120 fps on the X and at least 1080 120 on the S.
> See you out there, gonna go burn some mongrel crybaby hides.

I think its constructive. Not everyone has lots of time to play to get amazing. People work have families and other hobbies, but they also enjoy Halo. And people don’t enjoy getting rolled on. And I agree the game does look amazing.

I will always play PVP over Vs bots, I love competitive games.

I also like social games where it is more relaxed and carefree so hopefully this game has both. Imagine I’ll spend half my time in big team and half in ranked if social is anything like the flight.

> 2533274875328566;1:
> So with the introduction of bots for me there is no point in playing PVP. PVP is soooo sweaty I don’t enjoy that at all. Hopefully in future seasons they will bring firefight because I think I’ve officially quit PVP halo. And yes I will admit I’m not good at all in PVP. I can’t play high sensitivity. I mute everyone because I mic has been ruined by people playing music or eating on mic. PVP just sucks for me. It was more enjoyable when you had your buddies over and had lan parties. Now everyone is trying to be some MLG pro. What are your experiences with modern day PVP?

I’ve played a ton of competitive multiplayer pvp in Halo 5 the past 6 years. I ranked Onyx often, and even made Champion rank in Snipers. But even after all that, Halo Infinite has the biggest sweatfests i’ve ever seen. It’s very sweaty, even for someone with a record like mine. It’s pretty annoying

As many have said before, this was a flight that people had to make an effort to get into. The hardcore halo fans are the ones who will be playing. Once the game actually launches and with the introduction of a ranked playlist, the game will likely feel far less “sweaty”.

> 2533274801036271;10:
> I will always play PVP over Vs bots, I love competitive games.
>
> I also like social games where it is more relaxed and carefree so hopefully this game has both. Imagine I’ll spend half my time in big team and half in ranked if social is anything like the flight.

But social is full of smurfs.

> 2533274875328566;13:
> > 2533274801036271;10:
> >
>
> But social is full of smurfs.

You men’s in this flight? It is less likely smurfs and more people who didn’t play the original flight. They don’t have a hidden skill and with set windows to play no-one can play that many games so the system doesn’t really know what everyone skill level is. It’s trying it’s best but you’ll find lots of really good players need to dominate a few games before it starts matching them with other good players.

Smh

> 2533274801036271;14:
> > 2533274875328566;13:
> > > 2533274801036271;10:
> > >
> >
> > But social is full of smurfs.
>
> You men’s in this flight? It is less likely smurfs and more people who didn’t play the original flight. They don’t have a hidden skill and with set windows to play no-one can play that many games so the system doesn’t really know what everyone skill level is. It’s trying it’s best but you’ll find lots of really good players need to dominate a few games before it starts matching them with other good players.

Sorry thought you were talking H5 social.

> 2533274875328566;1:
> So with the introduction of bots for me there is no point in playing PVP. PVP is soooo sweaty I don’t enjoy that at all. Hopefully in future seasons they will bring firefight because I think I’ve officially quit PVP halo. And yes I will admit I’m not good at all in PVP. I can’t play high sensitivity. I mute everyone because I mic has been ruined by people playing music or eating on mic. PVP just sucks for me. It was more enjoyable when you had your buddies over and had lan parties. Now everyone is trying to be some MLG pro. What are your experiences with modern day PVP?

I do agree, the game is simply too “sweaty” and I’ve been playing halo religiously for 20 years now, mostly H2/H3. So how can we fix it? The game has plenty of competitive aspects to it as is, and MLG will have it’s way with the settings at some point.

It’s a pretty fantastic game and certainly feels great! My god 343, you’ve taken our breath away!.. But man is it fast!

The TTK needs to be extended across the board in general IMO. It will give people more reaction time. In combination with a slightly larger radar. It’s almost like the maps are too small at times. You finish one fight and you’re never able to anticipate someone flanking you right after. The radar is so small in combination with the fast gameplay, feels like the second you see them on radar and turn around to meet them, they are right in front of you! It really maximizes that intense rushed combat. Halo can be drawn out a little more, Let people dance with the sandbox.

That brings me to grenades. I just don’t think they have a proper seat at the table and they feel more unpredictable then not. The second bounce seems to drag on longer then expected, many times even triple bouncing before exploding! Because of this you really have to aim down far inorder to hit a player not that far in front of you if there is not walls to work with. This immediately gives the player with high sensitivity a timed advantage. Put this in combination to the game having some of the fastest strafing of any halo, well, grenades just feel very loose, and seem to serve as a hopeful last resort then a carefully placed plan of attack.

In addition to this game having this crazy strafing, it should be pointed out that the gun reticles of this halo are by far the smallest of the franchise. There is basically no difference between the size of the sidekick reticle and the size of the snipers. Mix that up wit very little aim assist, unforgiving hitboxes, while mouse and key board and console players try and get along… yeah some people are just going to get frustrated. Yes aim assist needs to be bumped and maybe a little more bullet magnetism. People might get upset but, competitive play will have their own settings I’m sure. Also, the question is, how accessible do we want halo to be?

Dude… the game is not that hard either. In my opinion Halo 3 is more sweaty than Infinite because you are playing against people that have been playing for years and know the spots, best weapons, etc.

This is not Halo 5 either with “E-spot wanna be” vibe trying to bring cool moves and other stuff that make it sweaty. Just keep playing and you will eventually “Git gud”. The game is really good balanced with every weapon having their spot in the sand box.

> 2533274804514763;17:
> > 2533274875328566;1:
> > So with the introduction of bots for me there is no point in playing PVP. PVP is soooo sweaty I don’t enjoy that at all. Hopefully in future seasons they will bring firefight because I think I’ve officially quit PVP halo. And yes I will admit I’m not good at all in PVP. I can’t play high sensitivity. I mute everyone because I mic has been ruined by people playing music or eating on mic. PVP just sucks for me. It was more enjoyable when you had your buddies over and had lan parties. Now everyone is trying to be some MLG pro. What are your experiences with modern day PVP?
>
> I do agree, the game is simply too “sweaty” and I’ve been playing halo religiously for 20 years now, mostly H2/H3. So how can we fix it? The game has plenty of competitive aspects to it as is, and MLG will have it’s way with the settings at some point.
>
> It’s a pretty fantastic game and certainly feels great! My god 343, you’ve taken our breath away!.. But man is it fast!
>
> The TTK needs to be extended across the board in general IMO. It will give people more reaction time. In combination with a slightly larger radar. It’s almost like the maps are too small at times. You finish one fight and you’re never able to anticipate someone flanking you right after. The radar is so small in combination with the fast gameplay, feels like the second you see them on radar and turn around to meet them, they are right in front of you! It really maximizes that intense rushed combat. Halo can be drawn out a little more, Let people dance with the sandbox.
>
> That brings me to grenades. I just don’t think they have a proper seat at the table and they feel more unpredictable then not. The second bounce seems to drag on longer then expected, many times even triple bouncing before exploding! Because of this you really have to aim down far inorder to hit a player not that far in front of you if there is not walls to work with. This immediately gives the player with high sensitivity a timed advantage. Put this in combination to the game having some of the fastest strafing of any halo, well, grenades just feel very loose, and seem to serve as a hopeful last resort then a carefully placed plan of attack.
>
> In addition to this game having this crazy strafing, it should be pointed out that the gun reticles of this halo are by far the smallest of the franchise. There is basically no difference between the size of the sidekick reticle and the size of the snipers. Mix that up wit very little aim assist, unforgiving hitboxes, while mouse and key board and console players try and get along… yeah some people are just going to get frustrated. Yes aim assist needs to be bumped and maybe a little more bullet magnetism. People might get upset but, competitive play will have their own settings I’m sure. Also, the question is, how accessible do we want halo to be?

Agreed fantastic game. And I also agree grenades I don’t even use much because I don’t find them as effective. And radar is pretty useless.

It’s sweaty rn because a there’s a certain amount of people playing the flight and most of them are veterans of Halo, so obviously they would have more experience.

I’ve had decent games, some close and some where we were completely blown out of the water due to the players being better than me.

Full release, there will be a more open matchmaking pool and there might be a ranked/competitive playlist to hopefully keep the sweats out of casual