PvP Combat mechanic ideas

I’ve been playing a lot of Halo Reach lately and I personally like it’s gun play the best out of all halo games.

for infinite I think it’d be a good idea to run off of the same reticle bloom structure, but have it refreshed.

my idea would be for the bloom to react to how you’re performing. If you’re landing shot after shot, you’d have minimal reticle bloom. If you’re landing head shot after headshot, no reticle bloom. If you’re missing, reticle blooms, so you’re pacing yourself so you can line up that headshot.

Does rewarding accuracy as a mechanic sound like a good idea? It’d make gun fights pretty interesting.

I would rather not have bloom return, it was widely dislike by much of the community and though I got used to it I can’t say I enjoyed it more than CE/H2/H3. That said, it seems to be coming back at least with the Bulldog sidearm.

> 2533274863211928;1:
> I’ve been playing a lot of Halo Reach lately and I personally like it’s gun play the best out of all halo games.
>
> for infinite I think it’d be a good idea to run off of the same reticle bloom structure, but have it refreshed.
>
> my idea would be for the bloom to react to how you’re performing. If you’re landing shot after shot, you’d have minimal reticle bloom. If you’re landing head shot after headshot, no reticle bloom. If you’re missing, reticle blooms, so you’re pacing yourself so you can line up that headshot.
>
> Does rewarding accuracy as a mechanic sound like a good idea? It’d make gun fights pretty interesting.

No. You’re essentially going to make it so that whoever lands the first shot is going to win the majority of the time by not universally implementing a mechanic. Plus bloom is a pretty unpopular mechanic in the first place within the community.

I’m not sure about that. It’s a rather controversial subject to begin with.

Here is another unpopular idea:
Make DMR the only weapon with bloom, DMR was establisged with bloom and without it it just becomes too similar to the BR. This would do so the game is varied and DMR is less ”same”. (To me) generally I use the DMR as little as possible bc it’s just boring to me.

I personally feel halo 5 pvp was the most balanced even besting out Halo 3 an 4 despite my luck. Halo 5 had fun modes an armor abilities work well halo Reach’s Jetpack an armor lock could really change up the gameplay I recall alot of people felt the matchmaking was broken.