Puzzled by ranking system.

Before I am shot down in flames let me state I am new to xbox online. I don’t really understand why the ranking system stops at 130. In reach it seems to go up for ages. If it continued to climb it would give players the goal of trying to be the highest. And yes, I am aware that sr ranking is not a true indicator of skill, but it does signify experience.
And as for match making, as sr50 seems to be the first target to achieve, why not match 50 and over against each other, and under 50 against each other. I often go into games where the average sr is about 30, but more often then not there is a couple of sr130 s in the game. Surely their experience alone gives them an unfair advantage.

Not necessarily. Rank doesn’t indicate skill, it indicates how long you’ve been playing. I imagine there’d be a few people out there who have made it to 130 simply by playing Spartan Ops.

That’s what happens when they link the ranks to the Specializations. If they added more, then there would be more than 130 ranks.

> Not necessarily. Rank doesn’t indicate skill, it indicates how long you’ve been playing. I imagine there’d be a few people out there who have made it to 130 simply by playing Spartan Ops.

I stated quite plainly that rank isn’t an indicator of skill

> > Not necessarily. Rank doesn’t indicate skill, it indicates how long you’ve been playing. I imagine there’d be a few people out there who have made it to 130 simply by playing Spartan Ops.
>
> I stated quite plainly that rank isn’t an indicator of skill

That’s his point they may be a higher rank but the may have equal skill to yourself

CSR in game would change that.

Anyways, I prefer a 100+ in my game than a 10-50 player mostly because that the 100+ may have more experience in the game. and most 130’s are pretty good players. Atleast they are when I encounter them.

> CSR in game would change that.
>
> Anyways, I prefer a 100+ in my game than a 10-50 player mostly because that the 100+ may have more experience in the game. and most 130’s are pretty good players. Atleast they are when I encounter them.

So OP if your running into them a lot then congrats your not a noob =]

Matching people based on experience (SR) would be more fair from a certain point of view.

To quote one of my posts in another thread. (its about how people of higher SR have more weapons, perks and abilities to choose from)

> I am SR130 and the other day I played doubles game with a friend (SR70 or something) and our opponents where an SR2 and his guest. Straight of the mark, this game was unfair because I could choose from anything and they could choose from (effectivly) nothing. The game was also unbalanced because all of my weapons had more ammo and my shields recharged faster than my opponents (who didn’t even have the option of such perks)

That being said it would increase the amount of time you need to search for before you found a game and personally I don’t think it would be worth it. [ I believe that loadouts should be removed (as should personal ordinance) and all weapons and AA should be items that ones needs to pickup off the map. - But lets a little off-topic so lets not get into that]

I though it was going to work like this until I actually got in there and started ranking past 60.

1. You would rank up to 50
  2. Choose a specialization and then rank up to 60.
  3. At that point you would re-enlist and start over at rank 1.
  4. You then had to rank up to 50 again to unlock the next specialization.
  5. repeat until you unlocked all specializations.

At least this way it would have added more life to ranking up. Game has been out a few months and 130’s are becoming more and more the norm. Right now doing challenges is pointless.

I was wondering this exact thing. I’m a 117 but its not because I’m good really. I just played a lot of spartan ops when the mountain dew double xp was out. I keep looking for news or updates from 343 on upping the the rank from 130. Honestly I think they might have underestimated the ranking system a little.

Agreed: I’m just a terrible SR-12 but I do and don’t like the SR cap.

Do - Reduces the “competitiveness” factor. That way newbies will all reach their rank some day.
Don’t - It stops you from ranking up, which I don’t really like.