Putting together good YouTube videos

Hey guys just started taking my clip sharing a bit more seriously since I upgraded my capture device and have started trying to put together some YouTube videos for Halo.

This is my most recent one MM Multi-Kill Collection. Was wondering if there is any guys out there who are good at this kind of thing to offer some tips for good videos.

I don’t have any experience with Youtube videos so I don’t really have any advice, but nice video and nice clips!

Nice video, but I don’t know if this would be better listed under community creations but oh well, very nice.

> Hey guys just started taking my clip sharing a bit more seriously since I upgraded my capture device and have started trying to put together some YouTube videos for Halo.
>
> This is my most recent one MM Multi-Kill Collection. Was wondering if there is any guys out there who are good at this kind of thing to offer some tips for good videos.

Hi there!

The first thing the struck me was the quality… now did you use the HD Cables to record it? (Red, Green Blue) or the standard (Yellow, Red, White) If you did use the HD cables, my first bit of advice would be to render out your videos in a HD format, otherwise having HD recording equipment is pointless! What program are you using to edit? I will tell you what to do if you can tell me! :slight_smile:

• Wangtime

They’re nice clips, but you want them to be in the kind of genre all at different sections. Want i mean by that is Veachile kills can be 45 seconds of clips, then some nasty sniper kills and so forth. Also download Sony Vegas editing software to make it look even more good. Look at FB Walshy amazing editing and clips.

Like this, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrIYnSBAThg

> Hi there!
>
> The first thing the struck me was the quality… now did you use the HD Cables to record it? (Red, Green Blue) or the standard (Yellow, Red, White) If you did use the HD cables, my first bit of advice would be to render out your videos in a HD format, otherwise having HD recording equipment is pointless! What program are you using to edit? I will tell you what to do if you can tell me! :slight_smile:
>
> - Wangtime

Hi Wangtim3. I’m using HDMI cables and HD recording equipment through my HD LCD and gaming PC. Just upgraded to Roxio Gamecap HD Pro from a standard Dazzle. The program I’m using to edit is Roxio Videowave. Btw I just subscribed to your channel :slight_smile:

> They’re nice clips, but you want them to be in the kind of genre all at different sections. Want i mean by that is Veachile kills can be 45 seconds of clips, then some nasty sniper kills and so forth. Also download Sony Vegas editing software to make it look even more good. Look at FB Walshy amazing editing and clips.
>
> Like this, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrIYnSBAThg

Cheers for the tips. Very nice gameplay video right there. Subscribed :slight_smile:

The clips are awesome. You should add some music. The Halo Soundtracks are a good choice since 343/Bungie isnt crazy about copyrights. An editing software i recomend is sony vegas 10-12, its expensive but its the internet, there are other ways to get your hands on it ;)It will alow you to do collor correction, and also make the colors stand out more. Makes it all look better :smiley: Also my last tip is to remowe your gamertag from the clips, it just look unprofesiaonal.

Im just throwing one of my montages in here so you can see how I do it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wc3XXCifzls&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PLXFV4ua92fsWzFOkSYV8TZzTtC_iE_Ajz
Im in no way a professional but I have been doing this for some time now. I subed btw, and looking forward to see more content from you in the future

> The clips are awesome. You should add some music. The Halo Soundtracks are a good choice since 343/Bungie isnt crazy about copyrights. An editing software i recomend is sony vegas 10-12, its expensive but its the internet, there are other ways to get your hands on it ;)It will alow you to do collor correction, and also make the colors stand out more. Makes it all look better :smiley: Also my last tip is to remowe your gamertag from the clips, it just look unprofesiaonal.

Thanks for the tips guys like I said I’m new to this so appreciate the advice. It’s a lot of fun.

> Im just throwing one of my montages in here so you can see how I do it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wc3XXCifzls&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PLXFV4ua92fsWzFOkSYV8TZzTtC_iE_Ajz
> Im in no way a professional but I have been doing this for some time now.

Some awesome Halo 3 action there. Good times. Subscribed :slight_smile:

> > The clips are awesome. You should add some music. The Halo Soundtracks are a good choice since 343/Bungie isnt crazy about copyrights. An editing software i recomend is sony vegas 10-12, its expensive but its the internet, there are other ways to get your hands on it ;)It will alow you to do collor correction, and also make the colors stand out more. Makes it all look better :smiley: Also my last tip is to remowe your gamertag from the clips, it just look unprofesiaonal.
>
> Thanks for the tips guys like I said I’m new to this so appreciate the advice. It’s a lot of fun.
>
>
>
> > Im just throwing one of my montages in here so you can see how I do it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wc3XXCifzls&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PLXFV4ua92fsWzFOkSYV8TZzTtC_iE_Ajz
> > Im in no way a professional but I have been doing this for some time now.
>
> Some awesome Halo 3 action there. Good times. Subscribed :slight_smile:

No problem :smiley:
Yeah I agree. Making videos is a lot of fun :smiley: Thanks for subing, maybe we could make some videos together sometime :smiley:

Hey xCHEMISTx
This is my mini funtage I made using my HD capture card and Sony Vegas PRO 11. Its nothing special but I thought I’d show you the quality you can get using the video effects to sharpen up your image and increase the boldness using the colour corrector features to give videos a superb look.