Putting the pieces together

After looking at some of the stuff that has come out recently with a lot of speculation, here is some of my plot theory as to what is going to take place in Halo 5.

Based off the E3 2013 reveal trailer, we know Chief is trying to revive Cortana. Chief mentions in Halo 4 that Halsey might be able to revive/repair Cortana. Thus, Chief is on a quest searching for Dr. Halsey.

Meanwhile, ONI currently has half of the Janus Key. In order to fully understand all that is forerunner, they need the other half. That is where Agent Locke comes in.

ONI is using Locke to track down Chief because Chief will lead ONI to Halsey and Jul 'Mdama. Locke goes to Sanghellios to meet with the Arbiter. The Arbiter is helping Locke find the Chief because perhaps the flood have returned to either Sanghellios or somewhere else. Perhaps the Janus Key and the Absolute Record have the alternate solution to activating the rings to stop the flood.

Some alternate theory is that Cortana has knowledge that maybe can help unlock the absolute record and Locke is tracking Chief because ONI needs Cortana as well.

Many people think the Chief is a wanted fugitive. While this is certainly possible, that would be something difficult to convince to those that have not read Escalation (although Night Fall could show this, it also doesnt seem likely)

What do you guys think?

The e3 trailer 0f 2013 does not confirm anything. People keep things that remind them of who/what they lost. Cheif most likely just keep her chip as a memory. Also, if there where an alternative to fireing the halo rings, the forerunner would not have fired the halo rings ^^

> We dont know Cheif is trying to revive cortna People keep things that remind them of who/what they lost.

It’s the first time MC has held on to any remembrance of any of the ones who have died under his watch if you are correct.

> > We dont know Cheif is trying to revive cortna People keep things that remind them of who/what they lost.
>
> It’s the first time MC has held on to any remembrance of any of the ones who have died under his watch if you are correct.

I agree, its not typical Cheif behavior, but Cortana is diferent than his fellow spartans. Imagine loosing someone thats inside your head. The conection they had, it was almost like they where one being, msking her death almost like he lost a part of himself.

> > > We dont know Cheif is trying to revive cortna People keep things that remind them of who/what they lost.
> >
> > It’s the first time MC has held on to any remembrance of any of the ones who have died under his watch if you are correct.
>
> I agree, its not typical Cheif behavior, but Cortana is diferent than his fellow spartans. Imagine loosing someone thats inside your head. The conection they had, it was almost like they where one being, msking her death almost like he lost a part of himself.

Exactly. Bringing Cortana back would derive all the emotion Chief feels about her.

> > We dont know Cheif is trying to revive cortna People keep things that remind them of who/what they lost.
>
> It’s the first time MC has held on to any remembrance of any of the ones who have died under his watch if you are correct.

Probably because no one else he was close to owned anything that he could keep as memento’s. Spartan’s aren’t known for carrying around trinkets and the majority of his Spartans were obliterated on Reach, meaning even if they had owned something personal, there would be no way for Chief to obtain it.

With Cortana’s chip however, he at least has something physical to hold onto.

Interesting theory, but we don’t know anything about Cortana… yet.

Most of your points correlate to what I’ve seen most of the people here talking about, too.

> > > > We dont know Cheif is trying to revive cortna People keep things that remind them of who/what they lost.
> > >
> > > It’s the first time MC has held on to any remembrance of any of the ones who have died under his watch if you are correct.
> >
> > I agree, its not typical Cheif behavior, but Cortana is diferent than his fellow spartans. Imagine loosing someone thats inside your head. The conection they had, it was almost like they where one being, msking her death almost like he lost a part of himself.
>
> Exactly. Bringing Cortana back would derive all the emotion Chief feels about her.

But if Chief were given the opportunity to bring her back, you don’t think he would? Especially in the case that she is needed for some other reason (like being able to interpret information from the Absolute Record).

TBH there was nothing showing where the Chief is or why he’s “missing”. All I got from that is this “Agent Locke” went to Sanghelios to ask the Arbiter about the Chief and how he was great. That’s why the Arbiter refers to “not listening to stories/legends etc.”

I personally think a Halo 5 Guardians trailer is coming :slight_smile:

> > > > > We dont know Cheif is trying to revive cortna People keep things that remind them of who/what they lost.
> > > >
> > > > It’s the first time MC has held on to any remembrance of any of the ones who have died under his watch if you are correct.
> > >
> > > I agree, its not typical Cheif behavior, but Cortana is diferent than his fellow spartans. Imagine loosing someone thats inside your head. The conection they had, it was almost like they where one being, msking her death almost like he lost a part of himself.
> >
> > Exactly. Bringing Cortana back would derive all the emotion Chief feels about her.
>
> But if Chief were given the opportunity to bring her back, you don’t think he would? Especially in the case that she is needed for some other reason (like being able to interpret information from the Absolute Record).

Of course he would. But I dont hink its possible. I can see someone Exploiting cortanas death to set a trap for cheif, or mislead him unto the wrong path

But how is he supposed to revive her when he doesn’t have her? The chip is empty in the E3 2013 trailer and the last location we have for her is on the broken pieces of the Didact’s ship after the Chief nuked it. The ship was destroyed right above Earth so if any part of her was recovered it wouldn’t have been by the Chief, it would have been by whatever ONI cleanup crew went in after the attack on New Phoenix.