Putting DMR vs BR vs Carbine to an end

These 3 weapons have advantages over eachother but 1 is not more superior to the other. It’s all on the way you play, I will list the damage of each weapon and uses and weakness. Lets say every spartan has 5 hp total(including shield)

DMR
POWER
takes 5 bullets/5 burst to kill
damage-1hp per bullet
killtime-1.7 (not 100% sure)

USES/WEAKNESS/ECT
the DMR has a 3x zoom scope, very accurate, great long range weapon it’s almost like it the snipers baby. It has bloom that can make it less accurate at times. has minimal assist. Strafing works best on this weapon because of these things.

BR
POWER
takes 13 bullets/5 burst to kill
damage- 1.1-1.2 hp per burst/ 0.3-0.4 per bullet
killtime-1.8(not 100% sure)

USES/WEAKNESS/ECT
The BR has a 2x zoom scope and shoots 3 bullets per shot/burst. In halo 4 the spread has be reduce more than the H3 version. this gun is not easy to strafe against because of the 3 bullet burst. Has recoil, fair amount of aim assist, Easier to get head shots with. Very consistant weapon and the most safest of the 3 I see no real weakness.

Carbine
POWER
takes 7-8 shots to kill
damage- 0.6-0.7 hp per shot
killtime-1.7?(have no idea)

USES/WEAKNESS/ECT
The Carbine has a 2x zoom scope, has the fastest RoF of the 3 weapons,is very accurate. It has the weakest damage per burst/shot but makes up for it with it’s speed.

FINAL THOUGHTS
I think all 3 are even. It’s all about what fits you better, I don’t see 1 being better than the other. I have seen H4 gameplay were the BR user killed a DMR 1on1 and vice versa. People say the BR is useless and weak and the DMR is better solely based on kill times. they ignore other facts like ease of use and room for error. Hopefully this will convince people that these guns are even overall. You cannot deny this unless you think the DMR is not a 5sk and the carbine is not a 7-8sk, ect. but gameplay and math will prove you wrong.

MATH & BACKUP EVIDENCE
BR
3(bullets)x 5(bursts)=15b, 15b - 2b(last 2 bullets not needed)=13b 15/13=1.15hps 1.15x5=5.7 Believe it or not I know I’m correct I rounded on somethings and gave ranges like 1.1-1.2 also my backup proof is that at 110% damage the BR is a 4sk (everyone knows this right?)so 1.15 + 110% = 1.26 x 4s = 5.04hp which is enough to kill math adds up guys

Carbine
lets do 8sk to be on the safe side
5hp/8s = 0.625hps x 8s = 5 math adds up. We all know how many shots it take to kill with the carbine so no one can deny this math.

DMR
5hp/5s = 1hps not really tough to figure the DMR as we all know its 5sk

BTW Carbine will be my main.

> These 3 weapons have advantages over eachother but 1 is not more superior to the other. It’s all on the way you play I will list the damage of each weapon and uses and weakness. Lets say every spartan has 5 hp total(including shield)
>
>
> DMR
> POWER
> takes 5 bullets/5 burst to kill
> damage-1hp per bullet
> killtime-1.7 (not 100% sure)
>
> USES/WEAKNESS/ECT
> the DMR has a 3x zoom scope, very accurate, great long range weapon it’s almost like it the snipers baby. It has bloom that can make it less accurate times. has minimal assist. Strafing works best on this weapon because of these things.
>
> BR
> POWER
> takes 13 bullets/5 burst to kill
> damage- 1.1-1.2 hp per burst/ 0.3-0.4 per bullet
> killtime-1.8(not 100% sure)
>
> USES/WEAKNESS/ECT
> The BR has a 2x zoom scope and shoots 3 bullets per shot/burst. In halo 4 the spread has be reduce more than the H3 version. this gun is not easy to strafe against because of the 3 bullet burst. Has recoil, fair amount of aim assist, Easier to get head shots with. Very consistant weapon and the most safest of the 3 I see no real weakness.
>
> Carbine
> POWER
> takes 7-8 shots to kill
> damage- 0.6-0.7 hp per shot
> killtime-1.7?(have no idea)
>
> USES/WEAKNESS/ECT
> The Carbine has a 2x zoom scope, has the fastest RoF of the 3 weapons,is very accurate. It has the weakest damage per burst/shot but makes up for it with it’s speed.
>
> FINAL THOUGHTS
> I think all 3 are even. It’s all about what fits you better, I don’t see 1 being better than the other. I have see H4 gameplay were the BR user killed a DMR 1on1 and vice versa. Hopefully this will convince people that these guns are even overall
>
> I may have butchered some words I proof read very fast, but what do you think about each gun.

dmr kill time is 1.76
carbine kill time is 1.63
your points still stand tho

You forgot the Light Rifle.

Where are you getting your numbers from?

> You forgot the Light Rifle.

**** the LR lol no jk I didn’t post about it because it’s new and I don’t have a whole lot of info on it and I rounded on the kill times

> Where are you getting your numbers from?

Gameplay and simple math.

> > These 3 weapons have advantages over eachother but 1 is not more superior to the other. It’s all on the way you play I will list the damage of each weapon and uses and weakness. Lets say every spartan has 5 hp total(including shield)
> >
> >
> > DMR
> > POWER
> > takes 5 bullets/5 burst to kill
> > damage-1hp per bullet
> > killtime-1.7 (not 100% sure)
> >
> > USES/WEAKNESS/ECT
> > the DMR has a 3x zoom scope, very accurate, great long range weapon it’s almost like it the snipers baby. It has bloom that can make it less accurate times. has minimal assist. Strafing works best on this weapon because of these things.
> >
> > BR
> > POWER
> > takes 13 bullets/5 burst to kill
> > damage- 1.1-1.2 hp per burst/ 0.3-0.4 per bullet
> > killtime-1.8(not 100% sure)
> >
> > USES/WEAKNESS/ECT
> > The BR has a 2x zoom scope and shoots 3 bullets per shot/burst. In halo 4 the spread has be reduce more than the H3 version. this gun is not easy to strafe against because of the 3 bullet burst. Has recoil, fair amount of aim assist, Easier to get head shots with. Very consistant weapon and the most safest of the 3 I see no real weakness.
> >
> > Carbine
> > POWER
> > takes 7-8 shots to kill
> > damage- 0.6-0.7 hp per shot
> > killtime-1.7?(have no idea)
> >
> > USES/WEAKNESS/ECT
> > The Carbine has a 2x zoom scope, has the fastest RoF of the 3 weapons,is very accurate. It has the weakest damage per burst/shot but makes up for it with it’s speed.
> >
> > FINAL THOUGHTS
> > I think all 3 are even. It’s all about what fits you better, I don’t see 1 being better than the other. I have see H4 gameplay were the BR user killed a DMR 1on1 and vice versa. Hopefully this will convince people that these guns are even overall
> >
> > I may have butchered some words I proof read very fast, but what do you think about each gun.
>
> dmr kill time is 1.76
> carbine kill time is 1.63
> your points still stand tho

i heard the dmr killtime got nerfed, are those number accurate to the final build as opposed to the (1.4 sec?) it was before?

> > Where are you getting your numbers from?
>
> Gameplay and simple math.

Prove it then, please.

> > > Where are you getting your numbers from?
> >
> > Gameplay and simple math.
>
> Prove it then, please.

Prove what? look at the gameplay and use your head. Do you want me to explain/do the math?

> i heard the dmr killtime got nerfed, are those number accurate to the final build as opposed to the (1.4 sec?) it was before

yes this is current I got the kill time from a group of other people and that is what they told me. It’s also the reason why I said I’m not 100% sure on the kill times.

> > > These 3 weapons have advantages over eachother but 1 is not more superior to the other. It’s all on the way you play I will list the damage of each weapon and uses and weakness. Lets say every spartan has 5 hp total(including shield)
> > >
> > >
> > > DMR
> > > POWER
> > > takes 5 bullets/5 burst to kill
> > > damage-1hp per bullet
> > > killtime-1.7 (not 100% sure)
> > >
> > > USES/WEAKNESS/ECT
> > > the DMR has a 3x zoom scope, very accurate, great long range weapon it’s almost like it the snipers baby. It has bloom that can make it less accurate times. has minimal assist. Strafing works best on this weapon because of these things.
> > >
> > > BR
> > > POWER
> > > takes 13 bullets/5 burst to kill
> > > damage- 1.1-1.2 hp per burst/ 0.3-0.4 per bullet
> > > killtime-1.8(not 100% sure)
> > >
> > > USES/WEAKNESS/ECT
> > > The BR has a 2x zoom scope and shoots 3 bullets per shot/burst. In halo 4 the spread has be reduce more than the H3 version. this gun is not easy to strafe against because of the 3 bullet burst. Has recoil, fair amount of aim assist, Easier to get head shots with. Very consistant weapon and the most safest of the 3 I see no real weakness.
> > >
> > > Carbine
> > > POWER
> > > takes 7-8 shots to kill
> > > damage- 0.6-0.7 hp per shot
> > > killtime-1.7?(have no idea)
> > >
> > > USES/WEAKNESS/ECT
> > > The Carbine has a 2x zoom scope, has the fastest RoF of the 3 weapons,is very accurate. It has the weakest damage per burst/shot but makes up for it with it’s speed.
> > >
> > > FINAL THOUGHTS
> > > I think all 3 are even. It’s all about what fits you better, I don’t see 1 being better than the other. I have see H4 gameplay were the BR user killed a DMR 1on1 and vice versa. Hopefully this will convince people that these guns are even overall
> > >
> > > I may have butchered some words I proof read very fast, but what do you think about each gun.
> >
> > dmr kill time is 1.76
> > carbine kill time is 1.63
> > your points still stand tho
>
> i heard the dmr killtime got nerfed, are those number accurate to the final build as opposed to the (1.4 sec?) it was before?

yup, check THC, they have the numbers up

That’s your job if you’re going to claim something. Otherwise it’s baseless.

You do understand that… yeah? Give me a link. Show me the footage you talked about. I find it strange you’re getting defensive over a simple and polite request. Just show me your work.

> FINAL THOUGHTS
> I think all 3 are even. <mark>It’s all about what fits you better, I don’t see 1 being better than the other.</mark> I have see H4 gameplay were the BR user killed a DMR 1on1 and vice versa. Hopefully this will convince people that these guns are even overall
>
> I may have butchered some words I proof read very fast, but what do you think about each gun.

What you’re saying is that you will be better with the gun that “fits” your playstyle.

It’s generally accepted that the DMR will be superior in the hand of experienced players because of it’s versatility and power. Because of their playstyle.

Sorry, but I don’t think your thread is going to change anyone’s mind. It’s just going to promote more arguments :/.

> > FINAL THOUGHTS
> > I think all 3 are even. <mark>It’s all about what fits you better, I don’t see 1 being better than the other.</mark> I have see H4 gameplay were the BR user killed a DMR 1on1 and vice versa. Hopefully this will convince people that these guns are even overall
> >
> > I may have butchered some words I proof read very fast, but what do you think about each gun.
>
> What you’re saying is that you will be better with the gun that “fits” your playstyle.
>
> It’s generally accepted that the DMR will be superior in the hand of experienced players because of it’s versatility and power. Because of their playstyle.
>
> Sorry, but I don’t think your thread is going to change anyone’s mind. It’s just going to promote more arguments :/.

Actually because of the nerd it’s the carbine or light rifle based on if the LR is scoped

I’m not getting defensive I just think it’s obvious that’s all. I can never correctly post vids on forums but it’s not needed anyway. We all know how many shot it take to kill was a DMR right? No need to explain that. I may need a video for the BR. I don’t know how to edited videos so you’re gonna have to take my word for it. You know how the BR kills the moment that first bullet of the last burst hits? gonna need a video if you don’t believe this. 3x5=15 15-2(last 2 shot not needed)=13 15/13=1.15 1.15x5=5.7 dude simple math. Believe it or not I know I’m correct I rounded on somethings and gave ranges like 1.1-1.2. I will do the carbine when I get back.

> What you’re saying is that you will be better with the gun that “fits” your playstyle.
>
> It’s generally accepted that the DMR will be superior in the hand of experienced players because of it’s versatility and power. Because of their playstyle.
>
> Sorry, but I don’t think your thread is going to change anyone’s mind. It’s just going to promote more arguments :/.

Like I said whichever fits your play style, if you think the DMR is the best hand down and the other guns are useless,I giggle. Yes someone who is perfect, the DMR will be best in there hands. I if this doesn’t convince anyone than that’s them beleive what you want. I’m trying to help everyone get an understanding so I put my two cents in. There are more things I know but I will not tell because the fewer people that know the better I’ll be :slight_smile:

> > > > These 3 weapons have advantages over eachother but 1 is not more superior to the other. It’s all on the way you play I will list the damage of each weapon and uses and weakness. Lets say every spartan has 5 hp total(including shield)
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > DMR
> > > > POWER
> > > > takes 5 bullets/5 burst to kill
> > > > damage-1hp per bullet
> > > > killtime-1.7 (not 100% sure)
> > > >
> > > > USES/WEAKNESS/ECT
> > > > the DMR has a 3x zoom scope, very accurate, great long range weapon it’s almost like it the snipers baby. It has bloom that can make it less accurate times. has minimal assist. Strafing works best on this weapon because of these things.
> > > >
> > > > BR
> > > > POWER
> > > > takes 13 bullets/5 burst to kill
> > > > damage- 1.1-1.2 hp per burst/ 0.3-0.4 per bullet
> > > > killtime-1.8(not 100% sure)
> > > >
> > > > The BR has a 2x zoom scope and shoots 3 bullets per shot/burst. In halo 4 the spread has be reduce more than the H3 version. this gun is not easy to strafe against because of the 3 bullet burst. Has recoil, fair amount of aim assist, Easier to get head shots with. Very consistant weapon and the most safest of the 3 I see no real weakness.
> > > >
> > > > Carbine
> > > > POWER
> > > > takes 7-8 shots to kill
> > > > damage- 0.6-0.7 hp per shot
> > > > killtime-1.7?(have no idea)
> > > >
> > > > The Carbine has a 2x zoom scope, has the fastest RoF of the 3 weapons,is very accurate. It has the weakest damage per burst/shot but makes up for it with it’s speed.
> > > >
> > > > FINAL THOUGHTS
> > > > I think all 3 are even. It’s all about what fits you better, I don’t see 1 being better than the other. I have see H4 gameplay were the BR user killed a DMR 1on1 and vice versa. Hopefully this will convince people that these guns are even overall
> > > >
> > > > I may have butchered some words I proof read very fast, but what do you think about each gun.
> > >
> > > dmr kill time is 1.76
> > > carbine kill time is 1.63
> > > your points still stand tho
> >
> > i heard the dmr killtime got nerfed, are those number accurate to the final build as opposed to the (1.4 sec?) it was before?
>
> yup, check THC, they have the numbers up

Could you post a link? I only remember the a killtime video of theirs where they said BR, DMR and Carbine had 1.6 killtimes, and I’m not familiar with their forums.

Man, I keep seeing all these people saying the DMR got nerfed to a 1.7 something, but I have not seen a single shred of proof so far. I’m not saying it didn’t, it seems very likely that it would be nerfed since it had such faster kill time than the BR, but it seems like people have just accepted it.

> That’s your job if you’re going to claim something. Otherwise it’s baseless.
>
> You do understand that… yeah? Give me a link. Show me the footage you talked about. I find it strange you’re getting defensive over a simple and polite request. Just show me your work.

I just updated this with the math. There is no need for a video for the DMR or Carbine because everyone knows how many shots/bullets it takes to kill. The only thing people might not believe is that the BR is a 13 bullet kill but the videos I’ve seen and play it’s 13. If it was 15 then at 110% it would not be a 4sk so that how I know I’m 100% sure it’s 13 bullets to kill in fact I’m 110% sure XD. No one deny this, like I said simple math and gameplay

Except for the fact Frankie said the DMR is the best of the 3.

> Except for the fact Frankie said the DMR is the best of the 3.

100% accuracy no doubt but who’s 100% accurate. I’ve seen crappy DMR users who were better with the BR. On youtube Bravo is not very good with the Carbine. It’s all a matter of what gun fits you best. noob BR user>noob DMR user, adverage users I think it’s =, pro DMR user > Pro BR user. This is what Franky said basicly said. Even then the pro DMR user isn’t gonna win every 1 on 1 matchup they have with a BR user.