Put the bloom back in Anniversary!

Why was the bloom taken out? Was it because of all the 13 year olds and MLG fan boys whinning?
I own a copy of Halo: CE and there is bloom. It doesn’t make any sense on why it’s been taken out.
Bloom in Halo: CE

in halo 1 your shots only spread out when you hold the trigger down and engage autofire.

if you pull the trigger quickly you can shoot just as fast with no bloom. there might as well have been no bloom in halo 1 since it can be avoided entirely.

Even if H1 had bloom - and it didn’t - it would still be balanced because:

-no lunge
-very little autoaim
-usable weapon sandbox
-pistol wasn’t that accurate

I cannot believe people out there still think CE had bloom while they are probably only Reach fanboys.

If you don’t believe me, go play Anniversary and watch that video. I can assure you that you will not be able to replicate that video 100%

Anniversary has bloom anyway, why the whining?

Anniversary doesn’t have bloom, especially the Magnum

Any sort of ‘bloom’ in Anniversary is there to simply recreate bullet spread as best as possible.

Any ‘bloom’ or bullet spread that was feaured in Halo: CE ten years ago, is still there in CEA. Why? Because it’s the exact same code with a new graphics engine running on top of it.

> Any ‘bloom’ or bullet spread that was feaured in Halo: CE ten years ago, is still there in CEA. Why? Because it’s the exact same code with a new graphics engine running on top of it.

I would recommend against using this principle in general, since the two games have mechanical discrepencies; these statements need to be tested. For instance, firing a banshees FRG downward results in HUGELY different travel times between CE and CEA.

That said, yeah, the bloom seems to work pretty much the same on at least the pistol and the AR. I only briefly tested this a while ago, but trigger squeezing and slow-firing both seemed equivalent between the two games.