Put Sprint in all future games to make halo great!

Way too many anti sprint threads time to make a pro sprint one. What does sprint do? It adds movement options. Anti sprinters argue that it does not make you move faster,that they just make maps bigger. I argue that it gives you the option to move faster than other players at the cost of being able to shoot. You can enter an encounter and start shooting from a distance right away, or you can try to sprint up before shooting to make close range weapons more viable. It adds more variety to encounters. It is a good layer to the halo experience. It allows you to close the distance on a player trying to walk away from a fight. It allows someone to run from a fight. Differing movement speeds of players mixes up the distances between players more. Sprint isn’t armor lock. It needs to stay in all future halo games. There needs to be no non sprint options either. Trying to make maps work for both sprint and no sprint is stupid.

I love halo whether we have sprint or not, but prepare for some negativity OP.

I know, sprint is part of the gameplay now, it just can’t be removed.

Gives you movement options? So only being able to move in one direction is “movement options” to you?

We’ve always been able to choose how fast we wanna go in Halo. If you wanna go full speed, move the stick all the way forward. If you wanna go slow, move it slightly forward. The best part is that works in any direction you wanna go, unlike sprint, which only works going forward.

The best thing is to simply increase the base movement speed.

> 2533274973957410;2:
> I love halo whether we have sprint or not, but prepare for some negativity OP.

That’s good. I think that 343 listens to fans a bit too much so I am worried that those that silently like sprint will be drowned out by the no sprint people. It was time to stand up and have a voice for sprint. As for negativity, I am expecting it, but thanks for the warning.

> 2533274814289862;4:
> Gives you movement options? So only being able to move in one direction is “movement options” to you?
>
> We’ve always been able to choose how fast we wanna go in Halo. If you wanna go full speed, move the stick all the way forward. If you wanna go slow, move it slightly forward. The best part is that works in any direction you wanna go, unlike sprint, which only works going forward.
>
> A best thing is to simply increase the base movement speed.

Almost everyone would use that fast base movement speed. With sprint there are costs associated with moving faster. It is a trade off meaning more thought needs to go into it.

Sprint stays, sprint is gold.
You can run all the way to the bank with that one.
Removing sprint would hand cuff movement at the ankles in a bad way.

I love sprint.

> 2533274849645270;6:
> > 2533274814289862;4:
> > Gives you movement options? So only being able to move in one direction is “movement options” to you?
> >
> > We’ve always been able to choose how fast we wanna go in Halo. If you wanna go full speed, move the stick all the way forward. If you wanna go slow, move it slightly forward. The best part is that works in any direction you wanna go, unlike sprint, which only works going forward.
> >
> > A best thing is to simply increase the base movement speed.
>
>
> Almost everyone would use that fast base movement speed. With sprint there are costs associated with moving faster. It is a trade off meaning more thought needs to go into it.

And? Everyone had the same base movement speed in all the previous Halos and they did just fine. Reach was the first to break it by adding sprint as an armor ability, then Halo 4 and 5 pushed it further by making it default. Sprint is completely unnecessary in Halo.

I’ve tried to understand your side of the argument from many other people who bring up the same points and others, but I just can’t seem to see how that’s preferable to faster base movement. Not everything needs to have trade offs in video games. An increased base movement speed does everything sprint does but better, and without the constant sprinting and stopping that, for me, ruins the flow of combat.

> 2533274849645270;5:
> > 2533274973957410;2:
> > I love halo whether we have sprint or not, but prepare for some negativity OP.
>
>
> That’s good. I think that 343 listens to fans a bit too much so I am worried that those that silently like sprint will be drowned out by the no sprint people. It was time to stand up and have a voice for sprint. As for negativity, I am expecting it, but thanks for the warning.

Complainers will always complain.

It’s a given that most people who enjoy something won’t take the time to commend it, whereas complainers will definitely make the rounds so that eveyrone knows just how they feel and who wronged them.

Sprint for the win, hell yes!!

Halo 5 has the best movement of any FPS hands down, it just feels good to move around map. Everything is fluid.

I don’t even understand why sprint is even an issue…

It’s really simple: it adds more tactical gameplay movement and weapon choices.
You’ve got close range weapons and your opponent has long range. You’re a distance apart that favours the long range, with sprint you have the tactical choice to attempt to either close the distance or to evade, and your opponent now has a greater challenge attempting to take you out. That’s awesome balance for gameplay.

And I always liken it to reality. If you’re jogging/moving at a pace where you could handle a weapon accurately then you also have the ability to pivot relatively well, making your range of motion greater.
If you’re sprinting, you are not able to aim anything particularly well, and motion in other directions becomes a lot more difficult with decreased ability to pivot.
The “tactical tradeoff” for sprint is fantastic because it’s also relatively realistic.

> 2533274849645270;1:
> Way too many anti sprint threads time to make a pro sprint one. What does sprint do? It adds movement options. Anti sprinters argue that it does not make you move faster,that they just make maps bigger. I argue that it gives you the option to move faster than other players at the cost of being able to shoot. You can enter an encounter and start shooting from a distance right away, or you can try to sprint up before shooting to make close range weapons more viable. It adds more variety to encounters. It is a good layer to the halo experience. It allows you to close the distance on a player trying to walk away from a fight. It allows someone to run from a fight. Differing movement speeds of players mixes up the distances between players more. Sprint isn’t armor lock. It needs to stay in all future halo games. There needs to be no non sprint options either. Trying to make maps work for both sprint and no sprint is stupid.

Wait, so artificially increasing map sizes to accomplice sprint makes you go faster? Variety? How is being forced to sprint or else slowly trudge along in large maps add to the flow. Wouldn’t that slow the game?

You would be closing the distance without being able to shoot however. What’s the point of chasing when you can’t get the clean up? How exactly is someone running away a good thing?

> 2533274851997977;13:
> I don’t even understand why sprint is even an issue…
>
> It’s really simple: it adds more tactical gameplay movement and weapon choices.
> You’ve got close range weapons and your opponent has long range. You’re a distance apart that favours the long range, with sprint you have the tactical choice to attempt to either close the distance or to evade, and your opponent now has a greater challenge attempting to take you out. That’s awesome balance for gameplay.
>
> And I always liken it to reality. If you’re jogging/moving at a pace where you could handle a weapon accurately then you also have the ability to pivot relatively well, making your range of motion greater.
> If you’re sprinting, you are not able to aim anything particularly well, and motion in other directions becomes a lot more difficult with decreased ability to pivot.
> The “tactical tradeoff” for sprint is fantastic because it’s also relatively realistic.

Your “tactical tradeoff” is only realistic for normal people. Spartans are enhanced, they can do things regular people can’t. For example, they can aim and shoot accurately while sprinting.

I think it’s been in Halo long enough that it needs to stay. Odds are there are way more players who started Halo when it had sprint that players who started without it. I am in the careless category. I am beast enough to play with and without it. One mechanic doesn’t make or break or even define a game. Halo plays great with and without it.

Run.

> 2533274814289862;15:
> > 2533274851997977;13:
> > I don’t even understand why sprint is even an issue…
> >
> > It’s really simple: it adds more tactical gameplay movement and weapon choices.
> > You’ve got close range weapons and your opponent has long range. You’re a distance apart that favours the long range, with sprint you have the tactical choice to attempt to either close the distance or to evade, and your opponent now has a greater challenge attempting to take you out. That’s awesome balance for gameplay.
> >
> > And I always liken it to reality. If you’re jogging/moving at a pace where you could handle a weapon accurately then you also have the ability to pivot relatively well, making your range of motion greater.
> > If you’re sprinting, you are not able to aim anything particularly well, and motion in other directions becomes a lot more difficult with decreased ability to pivot.
> > The “tactical tradeoff” for sprint is fantastic because it’s also relatively realistic.
>
>
> Your “tactical tradeoff” is only realistic for normal people. Spartans are enhanced, they can do things regular people can’t. For example, they can aim and shoot accurately while sprinting.

You know that the physical motion of sprinting isn’t simply defined as moving fast, right?
To sprint you have to exert more force through your legs whilst using your arms and body to increase momentum. Unless Spartans have a literally different physical skeletal and muscular structure than other Humans then sprinting would do exactly the same thing to their bodies. The only difference for them, with being Supersoldiers, would be that they sprint faster than the average Human, but with the same motion.

Because having to put your gun down to move faster is such a great innovation.

I don’t mind Sprint, I like how they made it where your shields don’t recharge. But I would enjoy a weekend playlist without Sprint from time to time.