Put infection in a different catagory

Whenever I look at the Halo Reach stats I think Invasion should be part of the Competetive stats and Infection should be on its own. I’m tired of n00bs saying they got a good kill streak, but it was in infection. Please change this for Halo 4.

I dont think Invasion should be in the competitive stats, to be honest.

I’ve dealt with people who try to brag that they got a massive killing spree, I’ll check and it’s either because they whored either A: The banshee. or B: The Scorpion Tank. Two powerful weapons of massive destruction. In no shape or form do I consider it skill to know how to kill with 1-hit kill vehicles.

> I dont think Invasion should be in the competitive stats, to be honest.
>
> I’ve dealt with people who try to brag that they got a massive killing spree, I’ll check and it’s either because they whored either A: The banshee. or B: The Scorpion Tank. Two powerful weapons of massive destruction. In no shape or form do I consider it skill to know how to kill with 1-hit kill vehicles.

I respectfully disagree. If played right, invasion is incredibly competitive. I would even go as far as to say it is the most competitive gametype Halo has ever seen. Unfortunately, you don’t get that experience in matchmaking, which is a real shame. If you ever get a chance to play invasion in customs with people who know what they’re doing, you’ll instantly see its competitive potential.

With halo reach infection I agree with you but if this was ranked living dead in halo 3 then I would disagree. Hopefully living dead halo 3 version returns :smiley: And for Invasion its is an awesome objective game type that can be competitive depending on how things are handled and balanced. Whether invasion returns is to be seen though hopefully I would not mind its with return, it can work with two teams of Spartans.

Will invasion even be in Halo 4? I mean I know they could but I thought the whole concept of Invasion was Spartans vs Elites… I did enjoy invasion in the early days so I’d be happy to be wrong

Infection should become a weekend event like it was in Halo 3.

-It makes it special and not something you can overplay and get sick of.

-It provides a reason to keep coming back to the game every week.

> > I dont think Invasion should be in the competitive stats, to be honest.
> >
> > I’ve dealt with people who try to brag that they got a massive killing spree, I’ll check and it’s either because they whored either A: The banshee. or B: The Scorpion Tank. Two powerful weapons of massive destruction. In no shape or form do I consider it skill to know how to kill with 1-hit kill vehicles.
>
> I respectfully disagree. If played right, invasion is incredibly competitive. I would even go as far as to say it is the most competitive gametype Halo has ever seen. Unfortunately, you don’t get that experience in matchmaking, which is a real shame. If you ever get a chance to play invasion in customs with people who know what they’re doing, you’ll instantly see its competitive potential.

I concur. Invasion does have some exploit issues, but it is by far my favorite mode. In any Halo game…unless you include the Halo 2 days when BTB consisted of ONLY slayer gametypes.

It’s a shame that people quit so often in Invasion, and since it is objective based, I can see where you’re going with. The most competetive match in Inv. I’ve had was when all my teammates quit, except one on spire. So a team of 2 vs. 6 and we managed to tie the match in the second round by getting to the third phase (we still had our other teammates in the first round but they quit when the round was over because we didnt capture the core.)

> Will invasion even be in Halo 4? I mean I know they could but I thought the whole concept of Invasion was Spartans vs Elites… I did enjoy invasion in the early days so I’d be happy to be wrong

I don’t see why not if you treat as an objective game type there is no reason why it can’t work with two teams of Spartans. I mean multiplayer is a training sim so you could make it work.

> Whenever I look at the Halo Reach stats I think Invasion should be part of the Competetive stats and Infection should be on its own. I’m tired of n00bs saying they got a good <mark>kill streak</mark>, but it was in infection. Please change this for Halo 4.

Lifts eyebrow

3 Things i just feel like sayin’

1: So what if they claim they had a Spree? Won’t affect your performance or experience at all. Just ignore them.

2: Dude, bro, Kill streak? No nukes in Halo games.

3: If they’re at all getting inspiration from Halo 3, i’m sure they will implent a Ranked and Social system.

> Infection should become a weekend event like it was in Halo 3.
>
> -It makes it special and not something you can overplay and get sick of.
>
> -It provides a reason to keep coming back to the game every week.

I think you’ve just highlighted the reason why I enjoyed Halo 3 Infection so much more then Reaches.

> Will invasion even be in Halo 4? I mean I know they could but I thought the whole concept of Invasion was Spartans vs Elites… I did enjoy invasion in the early days so I’d be happy to be wrong

They did say they will bring something to scratch that itch. Chances are they’ll bring a mode like Invasion but Spartan against spartan.

Think of Rush from BF