push once for sprint, twice for the roll

I would love to see this in the Halo CE multiplayer. When you choose the armor ability sprint, you can also do the roll. You could do this by press the button twice.

I also think that when you jump and use the ability you should jump higher.

What do you guys think? Doesn’t this make more sense?

I am a big supporter of innovation but this does not sound good. Make the Sprint function in the forward direction only and if you hit the Sprint button, plus any other direction besides forward, then you would evade (left, right or backward).

I like it. Your only problem would be stopping the sprint, but that could be fixed just by holding lb to sprint the release to stop.

I would love to see a double jump. You could still have your jump and click jump and then by pushing jump quickly twice a high flip jump.

With ‘you have to press it twice’ I mean ‘you have to double press it’ (as in twice, but real fast). Because who would like to sprint for one step?

Sprint and evade, built in and wrapped-up into one ability?

That’s actually a great idea.

> Sprint and evade, built in and wrapped-up into one ability?
>
> That’s actually a great idea.

don’t have it be part of load out. just make this “Sprint/evade” thing the standard, and all other AA’s are located somewhere on a map for pick up. not everyone will use jet pack this way, cause there will likely only be 2 jet packs on a map.

also, removing load outs will make the game feel less like CoD, and more like Halo, or any map control based FPS for that mater, since load outs are typical of “weapon balance” games, and in halo, the weapon tier is intentional so that people will fight over map control.

Sounds like an idea for future Halo titles but not on HCEA. It’s a bit too late to pitch ideas for it.

so… barrel roll scars are hurting again?

> > Sprint and evade, built in and wrapped-up into one ability?
> >
> > That’s actually a great idea.
>
> don’t have it be part of load out. just make this “Sprint/evade” thing the standard, and all other AA’s are located somewhere on a map for pick up. not everyone will use jet pack this way, cause there will likely only be 2 jet packs on a map.
>
> also, removing load outs will make the game feel less like CoD, and more like Halo, or any map control based FPS for that mater, since load outs are typical of “weapon balance” games, and in halo, the weapon tier is intentional so that people will fight over map control.

I like this idea. And when you die with the jet pack, other people can pick it up again. Just like how weapons work.

> > > Sprint and evade, built in and wrapped-up into one ability?
> > >
> > > That’s actually a great idea.
> >
> > don’t have it be part of load out. just make this “Sprint/evade” thing the standard, and all other AA’s are located somewhere on a map for pick up. not everyone will use jet pack this way, cause there will likely only be 2 jet packs on a map.
> >
> > also, removing load outs will make the game feel less like CoD, and more like Halo, or any map control based FPS for that mater, since load outs are typical of “weapon balance” games, and in halo, the weapon tier is intentional so that people will fight over map control.
>
> I like this idea. And when you die with the jet pack, other people can pick it up again. Just like how weapons work.

If jet packs are in halo 4, I really really really wanna see this:

Jet packs can soak up a small amount of damage, they however, will malfunction. this causes them to do one of two things;

a) turn off in mid flight
b) kick into overdrive the send the user with it on in whatever direction the physics engine says they were going, until fuel runs out.

hilarity would unsue if you sniped a jet pack instead of the user while they were already high up

duel feature, overdriving a jet pack can also cause it to nose dive into the ground at heart pounding velocity :stuck_out_tongue: lololololol

this sound rly stupid…

Yeah I’m not a big fan of sprint or evade as armor abilities anyway. Plus you can only “sprint” for 40 meters. Usain Bolts laughs in our faces for only be able to sprint forty meters.

Personally for Halo 4, I’d like to see sprint as a permanent ability. Adding an evade with a double-click would be cool. I envision unlimited sprinting, but during sprint you can’t fire. This gives you the ability to move quickly across ANY map, but causes you to lose the ability to really kill anything. Couple this with “dropping” the weapon while sprintingand it takes care of the super sword lunge too.

Not a terrible idea, but I hate evade as it is, so I say no to rolling. I’d sooner see prone.