Purple skin is worth 5$? Really?

As the topic said it, is purple really worth 5$? Are you really that greedy for money? Didn’t thought it could be that bad but seems that stuff is going to be more worse…
It’s really bad that 343/-Yoink!- want that huge amount of money.

Source;
Wait for 8:13

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

seams that halo becomes a fortnite clone with fancy collerfull childbirthday skins be prepared for a childish toxic paying comunity …343 will mess it up so badly

Gotta pay for that free 2 play game somehow. However, once the cheaters take over it’ll eat into their bottom line.

F2P was a red flag from the day they announced it. I expect there will be even more consumer-unfriendly items in the store.

Simple colors should not be locked behind a paywall. I’m holding out hope that we will have a good variety of free skins of every basic color and some nice designs. It’s possible the $5 value is for skins in general, where exclusive offers like the one in the link are not actually purchasable. which looking at every other free-to-play game is actually on the low end. Not that it makes it any better and I personally wouldn’t spend that much on a cosmetic, but a small silver lining for anyone that does.

> 2535465885595915;2:
> seams that halo becomes a fortnite clone with fancy collerfull childbirthday skins be prepared for a childish toxic paying comunity …343 will mess it up so badly

I don’t know where you’re seeing fancy colorful fornite esque armors, but purple has always been a color choice in every halo other maybe the first one. I guess time will tell.

I highly doubt those prices are accurate ATM. I remember when the butterfinger controversy erupted over the same thing 343 said it was not an accurate representation of how coatings would cost.

I reluctantly accepted “coatings” being locked behind battlepasses. but $5 microtransactions for individual items? $5 for just the basicass colour purple? something that was was free in every game?? this cannot be accurate lol

> 2533274861263132;1:
> As the topic said it, is purple really worth 5$? Are you really that greedy for money? Didn’t thought it could be that bad but seems that stuff is going to be more worse…
> It’s really bad that 343/-Yoink!- want that huge amount of money.
>
> Source;
> Wait for 8:13

I personally feel that his sources are unreliable. seeing as he quotes a lot of forums (which are mostly speculation) and news articles which are often twisted to make the subject look worse or the make what 343i dose and doesn’t do as illegal, wrong or bad for the game just so they get people to read so they can make money. also he dose not specified where he got the part of the vid the you quoted in your OP (that by the way) and on top of that he never lists nor mentioned where he got his screenshots and video snips (unless I missed something in translation). but for the reasons I mentioned, I don’t trust these vids and I feel if this was real it would have been sent out by more that just 1 youtuber. also if on the off chance it is real then as BreezyStarfish said above it is still in development and all prices are subject to change. it is also not as bad as other live service F2P games like infinite although I don’t like the idea of it being F2P as it makes it so people are less scared to hack as they wont lose as much as if they had to pay i just hope they have a good anti-cheat (like easy anti-cheat) and implement permanent hardware bans.

> 2557401216976241;5:
> Simple colors should not be locked behind a paywall. I’m holding out hope that we will have a good variety of free skins of every basic color and some nice designs.

Yeah there was purple in the flight called Recruit Violet.

The Monarch skin is different as it is purple and gold. I honestly can’t see most people paying for certain items so I imagine they will do bundles where you can get a coating, weapon set, armour set for a discounted price or buy individually at normal RRP.

Feel a coating would not sell well for $5 if it looks like that but a different coating could easily sell for $5 e.g an animated one or one that stands out much more. They said in the flight the shop is not indicative of prices. I’m sure they will price what they consider fair and they will go down in price or offer extras if sales are not as high as expected.

They said loads will also be available through free/playing the game so I’m sure everyone will have great combinations and unique looking Spartans whether they spend money or not. Outside of eSports I don’t intend to be buying much unless it’s something special.

There’ll be coatings in the free battle pass track as well, not every coating is going to cost money. Its a free game, you can play as much as you want and not give 343 a dime if you’re so mad about it.

Cap. Even 343i isn’t stupid enough to do that.

I don’t care if it’s 1 Cent I would never pay for anything in game. I have played thousands of Halo matches and couldn’t tell you any type of Armour that another player had (the exception being bungee employees flaming helmets).
Don’t care if I never rank up, don’t care if other people have better weapons with better colours on them.
None of it matters…except to the 343 cash register!!
Free to play attracts more griefers and quitters than we already have but 343 know peoples insecurities and egos will result in purchases

> 2557401216976241;5:
> Simple colors should not be locked behind a paywall. I’m holding out hope that we will have a good variety of free skins of every basic color and some nice designs. It’s possible the $5 value is for skins in general, where exclusive offers like the one in the link are not actually purchasable. which looking at every other free-to-play game is actually on the low end. Not that it makes it any better and I personally wouldn’t spend that much on a cosmetic, but a small silver lining for anyone that does.
>
>
>
>
> > 2535465885595915;2:
> >

I did the math in another post and to just past it here

> do you even understand how many coatings that would be? lets say for every design that was in the flight which from what i can find using halo infinite news, a great fan site, there were 24 non-recruit coatings. now lets say they used halo 5’s color amount of 60 colors per slot, so to make every combination of JUST the flight coatings that would mean there needs to be 86,400 coatings (24x(60x60)) and thats only if they did combinations of first and secondary colors only. now for a single row scrolling UI there is no way its can hold that many.

Even if they just did the big three primaries (white, silver, steel) thats still over 4,000 coatings right there. there is just no way they can make enough variations for some one to find the perfect coating, dont get me wrong most will be fine with a coating that looks good enough but its just silly that we have to settle for something that looks good or hope 343 decides to make one thats perfect for you when we never have before.

> 2533274847845259;13:
> > 2557401216976241;5:
> >
>
> Even if they just did the big three primaries (white, silver, steel) thats still over 4,000 coatings right there. there is just no way they can make enough variations for some one to find the perfect coating, dont get me wrong most will be fine with a coating that looks good enough but its just silly that we have to settle for something that looks good or hope 343 decides to make one thats perfect for you when we never have before.

I’d actually disagree and say that I have already seen armour coatings that I think look significantly better than just the basic palette swap options we have had previously. I’ve never felt the Spartan looks perfect but I feel I will be much more satisfied when I come across the right armour coating for me. I hope everyone has this experience also.

I see the video quite manipulated and with the intention of creating unnecessary controversy. On more than one occasion, 343 has made it clear that € 5 is not going to be paid for a skin in a standard flat color. Rather, they will be sets of several skins for various objects, in the style of what is sold in Gears 5.

If you want a good example of what 343 will surely do, you just have to see the Gears 5 Skins store, I don’t see so much complaint in your community with the system they have.

> 2533274855648543;10:
> There’ll be coatings in the free battle pass track as well, not every coating is going to cost money. Its a free game, you can play as much as you want and not give 343 a dime if you’re so mad about it.

And this is the mentality they were hoping for when anouncing the multiplayer as F2P. I called day one when it was announced to be free that this is just going to be their excuse to have a crap ton of microtransactions and a unfinished game… Look where we are now.

Yes it is free, but that needs to stop being a free pass on anti conser practices. I would much rather pay for the game and not have this crap exist. But they know the whales will pay far more then they would get from sales.

It’s not just a random purple, they had deals made with several sources/companies to brand certain coatings. So some coatings will cost money, others won’t, Monarch was one of such deals, so it kind of makes sense that you have to pay money for it. Now if we were talking on something like Warframe where you have to pay for a base color palette, then I’d understand the frustration. But this is a sponsorship, not just a random price tag on the color purple.

Still gonna miss the old color system though, not gonna lie.

> 2533274801036271;14:
> > 2533274847845259;13:
> > > 2557401216976241;5:
> > >
> >
> > Even if they just did the big three primaries (white, silver, steel) thats still over 4,000 coatings right there. there is just no way they can make enough variations for some one to find the perfect coating, dont get me wrong most will be fine with a coating that looks good enough but its just silly that we have to settle for something that looks good or hope 343 decides to make one thats perfect for you when we never have before.
>
> I’d actually disagree and say that I have already seen armour coatings that I think look significantly better than just the basic palette swap options we have had previously. I’ve never felt the Spartan looks perfect but I feel I will be much more satisfied when I come across the right armour coating for me. I hope everyone has this experience also.

this is what i said,

> dont get me wrong most will be fine with a coating that looks good enough

> 2535449665894532;16:
> > 2533274855648543;10:
> > There’ll be coatings in the free battle pass track as well, not every coating is going to cost money. Its a free game, you can play as much as you want and not give 343 a dime if you’re so mad about it.
>
> And this is the mentality they were hoping for whenaling the multiplayer F2P. I called day one when it was announced to be free that this is just going to be their excuse to have a crap ton of microtransactions and a unfinished game… Look where we are now.
>
> Yes it is free, but that needs to stop being a free pass on anti conser practices. I would much rather pay for the game and not have this crap exist. But they know the whales will pay far more then they would get from sales.

Its all about turning players into payers. How do people not understand how predatory ftp is

> 2535449665894532;16:
> > 2533274855648543;10:
> > There’ll be coatings in the free battle pass track as well, not every coating is going to cost money. Its a free game, you can play as much as you want and not give 343 a dime if you’re so mad about it.
>
> And this is the mentality they were hoping for whenaling the multiplayer F2P. I called day one when it was announced to be free that this is just going to be their excuse to have a crap ton of microtransactions and a unfinished game… Look where we are now.
>
> Yes it is free, but that needs to stop being a free pass on anti conser practices. I would much rather pay for the game and not have this crap exist. But they know the whales will pay far more then they would get from sales.

People cry out for the golden age of Halo to return, but they don’t realise that it’s impossible. No competitive game with a pay wall to entry has a multiplayer mode that lasts more than a year, if it even makes it that long. Personally, I’m happy to sacrifice some minor cosmetic options, because now old friends of mine are actually considering picking Halo back up again now that it’s free.

I’d also argue that microtransactions aren’t inherently anti-consumer. Loot boxes are, but microtransactions are not. The value of anything in any market is dictated by how much people will pay for it, that’s the same with gaming as it is with every other industry. If people don’t want to spend $5 on a coating, they won’t, and the price will drop. As for the game being unfinished, so long as the features we have at launch are known by December 8th, I don’t see that as anti consumer either.

I think some people on this forum view F2P from this angle of all the things it’s taking away from them. I’d urge people to consider all the things it’s giving to millions of potential players across the globe. Full access to a robust multiplayer Halo experience, and a suite of free customisations. Yes, for people on this forum that would have bought the game anyway, we’re potentially losing out a little. But the value proposition of Halo infinite MP to the average gamer is huge.