Pure Genius

Put on your headphones, crank the volume, and watch this.

Beautiful, ain’t it. I’ve noticed some things in this epic that I’d like to share with you fine people.

At the start - One of the first things you hear is Cortana, speaking to someone else. It’s not the “I need you” line, but something else. She isn’t speaking to Chief yet. Speaking to herself, maybe. Possibly speaking to someone else. Listen for it 5 seconds in.

Shortly after - Strange sounds from space waft in, and then explosions rock the ship. The sound is clearest at the end of the neuron’s journey, on it’s last jump before it reaches the heart. Listen for it at 25 seconds.

When he wakes - He doesn’t speak. Saying nothing at a time like this is strange even for him. Could he be scared? For all he knows the ship is headed into a quasar. He keeps his mouth shut until he’s certain they’re not about to die.

Also, the gun won’t do him any good. Could’ve been a one-shot, but I don’t think he’ll regret his decision.

> Put on your headphones, crank the volume, and watch this.
>
> Beautiful, ain’t it. I’ve noticed some things in this epic that I’d like to share with you fine people.
>
> At the start - One of the first things you hear is Cortana, speaking to someone else. It’s not the “I need you” line, but something else. She isn’t speaking to Chief yet. Speaking to herself, maybe. Possibly speaking to someone else. Listen for it 5 seconds in.
>
> Shortly after - Strange sounds from space waft in, and then explosions rock the ship. The sound is clearest at the end of the neuron’s journey, on it’s last jump before it reaches the heart. Listen for it at 25 seconds.
>
> When he wakes - He doesn’t speak. Saying nothing at a time like this is strange even for him. Could he be scared? For all he knows the ship is headed into a quasar. He keeps his mouth shut until he’s certain they’re not about to die.
>
> Also, the gun won’t do him any good. Could’ve been a one-shot, but I don’t think he’ll regret his decision.

I hate this trailer. People seem to think it’s a “director’s cut”, but if you listen to the music, the sound effects, the voice acting, it’s all recycled sounds from previous games and stand-in music.

The video is a concept render, a preview before the final video is put together.

The only things being said durring the internal scene is

“I need you!”

“Chief!”

“Wake up John.”

Then he is awaken.

“Chief!”

“John.”

I remember when this surfaced months ago. Definitely prefer the music used in this version.

> The only things being said durring the internal scene is
>
> “I need you!”
>
> “Chief!”
>
> “Wake up John.”
>
> Then he is awaken.
>
> “Chief!”
>
> “John.”

Actually she says a couple things before those. You really have to crank the volume and I recommend headphones, but at the 5 second mark she says something else, in another tone of voice. Then at the 20 second mark her tone gets more frantic, until finally Chief hears her say “I need you.” The first lines may be directed to the planet’s AI.