Purchased 4 Items, Downloaded on harddrive

Ok, if you understand what I am asking. (let me first say I am new to xbox live, been online for about 8 days). Just got my gold membership. When you playing matchmaking for halo reach online, a box pops up and says you need prerequested items or recommended. Items such as blue helmet, orange helmet, halo reach game, about 106 items. So, I purchased 4 items.

You have to have credit to purchase these. So, I bought 1600 credits to get these items to help play the game. (I used to have Hero rank but that was offline and you cant add a rank to a rank online). At least thats what I was told by xbox and some ambassadors on xbox.

I am a old guy, 59 but love to play these type of games, got hooked on Halo. So, how do I activate these downloads I got so I can use them in the game halo reach.

My nephew runs circles around me in the game, but I was kicking his little rear end when I had all the armor. Now, other guys are kicking my rear end online in matchmaking, because I dont have armor like I used to. Someone suggested that you can custom challenges and play a day for like 200,000 points. If so, how do you do that too?

I can use all the help I can get. Hope this was ok to post, just trying to get some help so I can play the game better. And wont die as many times like I have. I have gotten to warrant officer, but thats still along way from Hero where I was, sigh.

Want to get better at this game, and know how to play online, matchmaking, and more, especially when Halo 4 comes out. So, appreciate it if anyone can give me some tips, advice and suggestions.
thanks in advance. joe

These four items you bought, were they Avatar items for your Xbox 360 Avatar to wear?

I’m really stumped here.

Two were avator, but other 2 were items 400 credits apiece for halo reach. They are downloaded in my harddrive. How do I activate them. A ambassador on xbox said i might be able to custom a game and edit them that way with the file. But I dont know how to upload the file to the game.

Best way I can explain it, cant find them anyone other way. When you go play a game in halo reach, in matchmaking a game online with others, expecially in challenges, a box pops up and says prerequired items needed are not downloaded for the game. When you click to take you there, they show the list of 106 items, for credits that you have to buy, when you purchase them, goes to your harddrive. You cant find the list that I know of anywhere online, except when your playing matchmaking in challenges, or slayer etc. Then that box comes up and says these items are needed to play the game.

> Two were avator, but other 2 were items 400 credits apiece for halo reach. They are downloaded in my harddrive. How do I activate them. A ambassador on xbox said i might be able to custom a game and edit them that way with the file. But I dont know how to upload the file to the game.
>
> Best way I can explain it, cant find them anyone other way. When you go play a game in halo reach, in matchmaking a game online with others, expecially in challenges, a box pops up and says prerequired items needed are not downloaded for the game. When you click to take you there, they show the list of 106 items, for credits that you have to buy, when you purchase them, goes to your harddrive. You cant find the list that I know of anywhere online, except when your playing matchmaking in challenges, or slayer etc. Then that box comes up and says these items are needed to play the game.

To my knowledge, the only Reach downloadable stuff that costs 400 MS Points is Avatar items, it seems to me you didn’t buy what you think you did.

Nothing is needed to play Reach online other than the disk itself, the popups you are seeing is actually optional, not required.

What ever you bought I believe was entirely for your avatar.

Can you do me a favour and go to this page: Sign in to your Microsoft account while signed into Xbox.com and tell me what is in there from bottom to top, I will be able to help you out more after that, all it is is your Xbox 360’s account download history.

Thats it, dont know how to find that online in the game, but thats the list that pops up when playing matchmaking and challenges,. I guess I got taken then, thought that was for the game. Drats!

So, those items are for just your avatar, how do you add them to avator then. Wont buy anymore then if you cant use them in the game.

I could probably help you out a bit more if you checked your Xbox Download History found here: Sign in to your Microsoft account, I may not be 100% correct.

That it i added them to the queue

> That it i added them to the queue

What items are in the download history?

List all of them here.

Noble Six Armor

6/7/2012

Noble Six Armor has been successfully added to your download q
Halo RC Warthog

6/7/2012

Halo RC Warthog has been successfully added to your download queue.

Halo Master Chief Spartan Armor

6/7/2012

Halo Master Chief Spartan Armor has been successfully added to your download queue.

Night Vision Goggles

6/7/2012

Night Vision Goggles has been successfully added to your download queue.

Halo JetPack

6/7/2012

Halo JetPack has been successfully added to your download queue.

Add to Queue
Halo: Reach Demo

Game Demo

6/5/2012

Halo: Reach Demo has been successfully added to your download queue.

Optional Media Update

Game Addon

6/3/2012

Optional Media Update has been successfully added to your download queue.
Netflix

Apps

6/3/2012

Halo Waypoint

Game

5/16/2012
Halo Waypoint has been successfully added to your download queue.

Ahhh, sorry to hear you wasted your Microsoft points on that mate :frowning:

To buy items and armor for your character on Reach, click start on your controller, then a menu will come up. You can create custom challenges but u dont get very many creds for them. :stuck_out_tongue: