Punishment and Ban System

Hey Guys!

I want to draw attention to a matchmaking glitch (maybe it´s a connection problem i don´t know)
which i and a lot of friends of mine have experienced in the last couple of weeks in Halo 5 and the inappropriate punishments
by the ranking- and ban- system.

Players are glitching out of the game right when it is supposed to start (after the countdown).
They get a notification that they were unable to connect or they have lost their connection to their fireteam.
Not only is it frustating to the player´s team who have to play 3v4 but also to the glitched out player aswell.
He/She loses a good amount of Onyx Points or Rank Progression and he/she also might get a ban.
It seems like the Ranking system treats the glitch as if the player has quit the game on purpose which is not true.

I don´t know how many other players have already experienced this “glitch” but i hope that 343 is able to fix this very soon.
The ranking/ban system should be able to distinguish between an actual quitter and a player who glitched out to keep things fair.
It´s extremely frustrating to just glitch out, lose your hard earned points and get a ban on top of that altough you haven´t done anything.

Sorry if my english or punctuation is not on point.
Anyway, thanks for reading and have a good day! :slight_smile:

Not called glitching its called a connection issue wether it is you or the server.

> 2533274848011469;2:
> Not called glitching its called a connection issue wether it is you or the server.

Most likely on their end I never had this problem and I don’t think I’ve heard anyone having any problem like this that often.

I agree,

but sadly, not much can done here short of ensuring 343’s servers are rubbing optimally. The rest is on the player. Ensure your connection has no inference, go wired if possible.

the game will ban users for this because it has no way of knowing if you unplugged intentionally, quit to your dashboard, or the connection was lost by no fault of your own. Latency will always be a thing with online gaming,

sorry

> 2567453894713362;4:
> I agree,
>
> but sadly, not much can done here short of ensuring 343’s servers are rubbing optimally. The rest is on the player. Ensure your connection has no inference, go wired if possible.
>
> the game will ban users for this because it has no way of knowing if you unplugged intentionally, quit to your dashboard, or the connection was lost by no fault of your own. Latency will always be a thing with online gaming,
>
> sorry

That’s what I always recommend, having a physical wired connection.

Personally never had it happen to me, but I was running a 4 man team this morning and exactly what you described happened to a teammate. Game starts, immediate red screen(problem with dedicated server was the message). Then he gets a 20 minute ban hammer. He recorded and sent the clip to 343 but that doesn’t undo the possible damage to our teams onyx ranks not to mention the lost precious game time.

I understand trying to promote good behavior and sportsmanship but to ban an individual for 2hours and 19 mins because the server had an issue or I lost my connection is ridiculous!

i have had the ban-hammer strike way to many times. I also have gotten banned on my first betrayal in a griffball match, also ridiculous!

I I agree that this “ban” procedure could use a little more attention and revamp.

Hi I’m The ban thread feed me your post… I’m hungry

This has happened to me for a long time. It’s also resulted in the loss of XP/REQ boosters before the game. No compensation or anything. I’ve heard it’s gotten worse lately, but I’ve been taking a long break from halo 5 to replay all the FPS games in the series. I guess it was good timing to take my temporary leave.

> 2533274879407634;8:
> Hi I’m The ban thread feed me your post… I’m hungry

Please. That useless thread is filled with people having the same problem.

What continent are you in? If it’s Oceania, EU or US your issue is lack of region lock. It’s giving you pings well over the normal of 20-100. The ping could be anywhere from 200-500 and that’s why you are being disconnected