Pulse nade and PP mastery tips?

Anyone have tips for these? I assume they are very difficult to master. I’ve been thinking about trying it, but how do you go about with pp kills? It takes almost around 12 shots to kill someone with shields down…and the overheating doesn’t help.

Do you use explosion on pulse grenades to get kills? Is there a more successful way of using them well.

Have a sidearm equipped when you are going for grenade kills. Sidearms can throw consecutive grenades faster.

Explosives perk doesn’t affect Pulse Grenades.

> Have a sidearm equipped when you are going for grenade kills. Sidearms can throw consecutive grenades faster.
>
> Explosives perk doesn’t affect Pulse Grenades.

Really? I thought it made it’s ball of death bigger?

For both of those commendations, I recommend free for all game types such as Regicide or perhaps Infinity Rumble when that playlist goes live. In Regicide I have found that I’m more likely to come across an injured player on the smaller maps in that playlist to pick off using the plasma pistol or the pulse grenade.

The most effective technique is to run up against an enemy, melee them, then immediately work them down with rapid plasma pistol shots, or if you are using pulse grenades, the initial explosion is an instant kill on an unshielded player.

Considering this technique is reliant on close quarters combat, the mobility and dexterity armor mods can also be useful.

Hope this helps.

Pulse nades are more effectively used to finish people off rather than trying to kill them immediately with them. Also, I’ve gotten lots of Pulse nade kills by throwing one down at the top of lifts like on Abandon/Adrift, players coming up those lifts can’t avoid the damage, I’ve gotten double kills doing this. As for the PP I made a thread about how to max that commendation out. Here it is.

Regicide is your best bet for maxing any of the starting weapons out. That’s where I maxed them all out, I only have the Binary and Fuel Rod left for all the weapons now. Now if only Fuel Rod came up in ordinances more than once in a blue moon.

Plasma pistol takes four shots to drain shields, or an overcharge. If you do that and throw a pulse grenade, you get an instant kill.

Pulse Nades are only powerful on there initial explosion and the final explosion, throw them at there feet and they will be 1 shot.