Public Server Stress Test Beta

Who here feels that there should be a two-day beta open to everyone who owns a Xbox One so that 343 can stress test the servers. I do not want Halo 5:Guardians to launch like the Halo Masterchief Collection, additionally an open beta could also increase pre orders and interest in the game. This would be especially true if it was a Warzone beta, as many people would want to get on and try it. I know we are close to launch and it would be impossible if it wasn’t planned, but I am hoping it is planned, despite it being so unlikely.

They stress tested the servers back in January for the public and they’ve been testing it privately for the last 8 months.

If they give us a week heads up to download the beta first, and then have it open over the course of a weekend then sure. It takes me hours to download games or even 10 gigs so 3/mbs. But if they did this, which I doubt…it should be for players with the MCC currently installed and run like the previous beta.

I agree, though two days is probably not enough data to go on. How many days did Splatoon have?

Closed on line warzone beta tests are being conducted.

> 2533274823519895;4:
> I agree, though two days is probably not enough data to go on. How many days did Splatoon have?

Splatoon had three beta dates with set times. You can find that information here. I think a system like this could work for Halo 5, just to test the servers. They would need a way to maximize the amount of people on at one time.

I don’t think it would be necessary, but if it means I could play it again before October… IM IN! lol

> 2533274873954403;7:
> I don’t think it would be necessary, but if it means I could play it again before October… IM IN! lol

I think this is the only reason why people want a beta. They disguise in the name of “stress testing the servers” or “testing warzone” but they just want to play earlier.

> 2533274795233660;8:
> > 2533274873954403;7:
> > I don’t think it would be necessary, but if it means I could play it again before October… IM IN! lol
>
>
> I think this is the only reason why people want a beta. They disguise in the name of “stress testing the servers” or “testing warzone” but they just want to play earlier.

Why not both? Kind of a win-win, really.

I wouldn’t mind playing H5 again.

> 2533274795233660;8:
> > 2533274873954403;7:
> > I don’t think it would be necessary, but if it means I could play it again before October… IM IN! lol
>
>
> I think this is the only reason why people want a beta. They disguise in the name of “stress testing the servers” or “testing warzone” but they just want to play earlier.

My thoughts the same, but I’m sure there’s lots of paranoia surrounding launch because of the MCC’s less than stellar launch.

I really don’t think another server test is necessary after a 3 week beta. I’m sure there will probably be server hiccups on launch day which is expected, but if it plays anything like the beta it will resolve itselfs quickly.

> 2533274823519895;9:
> > 2533274795233660;8:
> > > 2533274873954403;7:
> > > I don’t think it would be necessary, but if it means I could play it again before October… IM IN! lol
> >
> >
> > I think this is the only reason why people want a beta. They disguise in the name of “stress testing the servers” or “testing warzone” but they just want to play earlier.
>
>
> Why not both? Kind of a win-win, really.

I’m all for it. I don’t think many people would say no to playing Halo 5 again.

> 2717573882290912;11:
> > 2533274795233660;8:
> > > I don’t think it would be necessary, but if it means I could play it again before October… IM IN! lol
> >
> >
> > I think this is the only reason why people want a beta. They disguise in the name of “stress testing the servers” or “testing warzone” but they just want to play earlier.
>
>
> My thoughts the same, but I’m sure there’s lots of paranoia surrounding launch because of the MCC’s less than stellar launch.
>
> I really don’t think another server test is necessary after a 3 week beta. I’m sure there will probably be server hiccups on launch day which is expected, but if it plays anything like the beta it will resolve itselfs quickly.

I’d love to see an open beta for Warzone though. I’m SO envious of the people that got to play it on-site, and I think it’d be great if they opened THAT up for a few days to a week before launch. Great that everyone got to try the Arena side, how about letting us try the Social hectic side now heh?

I can dream though ^^

“I want to play Halo 5 before launch but can’t go to big events so here’s an excuse for you to let me and others do so.”

Don’t worry I feel the same way.

> 2533274883849234;14:
> “I want to play Halo 5 before launch but can’t go to big events so here’s an excuse for you to let me and others do so.”
>
> Don’t worry I feel the same way.

I’ll admit, this is pretty much how I feel and my real reason for wanting a beta. (you got me!). I am honestly worried about the condition of the servers at launch though, just because of the MCC, but I have some faith that they have worked that out.

> 2533274823519895;9:
> > 2533274795233660;8:
> >
> >
>
>
> Why not both? Kind of a win-win, really.

Sure, I don’t think anyone would say they wouldn’t want free time to play. But betas are expensive and use a lot of resources to maintain for a long time.

Doing a beta early did its job.

Don’t front, you just want to play it again before October 27th.

> 2533274885498412;6:
> > 2533274823519895;4:
> > I agree, though two days is probably not enough data to go on. How many days did Splatoon have?
>
>
> Splatoon had three beta dates with set times. You can find that information here. I think a system like this could work for Halo 5, just to test the servers. They would need a way to maximize the amount of people on at one time.

They have been. Over the past eight months they’ve been holding a closed external beta. It’s only 68 days until it launches now, if there were any server hitches, they would have caught it by now!