Pseudo-symmetry in maps

Harvest and solace… Probably more but I just can’t look anymore.

When I play these maps it felt like these things influenced the map design

1. lets make a fair and balanced map with two equal sides and start there

2. instant respawn speeds the game up too much, gotta scale up the size the map now to compensate.

3. harm I need some distinct features on one side to help differentiate one side from the other. Instead of just tinting the colors red or blue… Lets change a few physical parts of the map and throw away symmetry.

I don’t want to sound like this Kid… But it is exactly how I felt http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxV8Rqt0MEs

Exile’s very unfair, a guass hog and banshee on one side and ONE tank on the other? dude, everytime someone gets in the tank one of their two vehicles blows the tank, or someone would sprint or jet pack over/around and plasma pistol the tank and kick it’s -Yoink-, unfair maps in this one

Edit: heheh, I used to be like that, when I was younger i got headaches cause things weren’t symetrical :stuck_out_tongue: i eventaully got over it, i’ve seen this show before too, loved it, after watching the last disc I was sad I ran out of episodes D:

> Exile’s very unfair, a guass hog and banshee on one side and ONE tank on the other? dude, everytime someone gets in the tank one of their two vehicles blows the tank, or someone would sprint or jet pack over/around and plasma pistol the tank and kick it’s -Yoink!-, unfair maps in this one

Exile doesn’t count… It doesn’t try to be fair. It should be a objective map only…

I am mainly talking about maps that pretend to have a symmetrical fairness but the closer you look you see features on one side that the other does not

Haven is like the only map of appropriate size and symmetry but then they mess up the spawns soo badly! Glad MLG fixed that.