PSA: You can Hijack Phaetons on Garage Wave

What is usually the third wave of the match features you and your team defending the Garage from a swarm of Promethean forces. One of these forces is a lone Phaeton who cruises around the airspace above the Garage. If you get yourself a plasma pistol and get on top the Garage without dying, you can hijack the Phaeton and keep it until destruction.

Here’s a video of me doing it: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/RUL%20MonkeyxMoo/video/16629080

I was able to do this in two games. One was badly damaged but survived until the Mythic Warden spawned. This one suffered the same fate but was in a much better condition so I recorded this hijacking.

True, but you are unable to hijack Phaetons when the objective is to eliminate 15 of the things. This other guy and I both hijacked a Phaeton. No more spawned and the counter was stuck at 13/15. I figured it out first and went under the large rocket on the map and got out of the Phaeton, falling to my death and destroying the Phaeton, thus moving the counter up to 14/15 and progressing the round.

Thank you very much for letting everyone know, I was gonna attempt this next time I hop onto Firefight, and wasn’t sure if the phaetons were immune from skyjacking.

I figured that out the first time I played firefight. Ever since I steal one and destroy the wave.

You can also do it on the destroy 15 phaetons wave. But you will have to destroy your hijacked phaeton to finish the wave

Interesting. It’s always nice to hear something cool like this, now I can have some Phaeton joyrides.

> 2535414896349079;2:
> True, but you are unable to hijack Phaetons when the objective is to eliminate 15 of the things. This other guy and I both hijacked a Phaeton. No more spawned and the counter was stuck at 13/15. I figured it out first and went under the large rocket on the map and got out of the Phaeton, falling to my death and destroying the Phaeton, thus moving the counter up to 14/15 and progressing the round.

Same thing happened to me, though we just landed and shot ours till they blew up. With all 8 people doing it, it went surprisingly well.
You can still jack them (and its not a bad idea, cause shooting a still Pheaton’s a lot easier than shooting one thats moving and firing back) you just have to be sure to destroy them when your done.