PSA Voice Pack

Just a FYI for anyone looking to buy that voice pack. I just purchased it with the assumption that it would be shared with my home xbox, and the user of said box which happens to be my son. Any other dlc that I have purchased is accessible to him as long as he’s playing on the home box. It was in his download list and he has the files but he is unable to use any other announcer only default is shown. I will be calling for a refund tomorrow hope this helps anyone with a similar situation.

You shouldve maybe putted this in the support thread.

Not looking for support.

So were the voices for your son? Why wouldn’t you just buy it on his account then?

He’s attached to my account through the home xbox system. I’m just letting people know if you have a similar situation where your child shares your content they will not get access to the voice packs.

> 2533274881295661;5:
> He’s attached to my account through the home xbox system. I’m just letting people know if you have a similar situation where your child shares your content they will not get access to the voice packs.

You have to make both accounts select “my home xbox”.

Have you tried any fixes or just raging and wanting a refund? I sound like a broken record with this but it has always fixed any issues I have had with Xbox one… hard reset… hold the power button down till the Xbox shuts off and then unplug the power cord from the back for a few seconds and relaunch it and then try and access the voices. it may work. I am not all that savvy with shared accounts but I would at least try it.

It may not be sharable seeing how it launched as a req pack though. when you get gold packs or daily win packs does he get them as well?

> 2533274816788253;8:
> It may not be sharable seeing how it launched as a req pack though. when you get gold packs or daily win packs does he get them as well?

Yeah this is what I figured, it’s not shareable because it’s a “req” tbh it comes off as pretty sleazy to disguise this as a req. I support the game by purchasing the pack and they use a backhanded way of getting us to have to buy it multiple times. 343 is well aware of the home xbox feature and they are banking on it. Let’s be clear, this pack is not a req and it should be accessible to anyone playing halo 5 on my home xbox.

> 2533274881295661;9:
> > 2533274816788253;8:
> > It may not be sharable seeing how it launched as a req pack though. when you get gold packs or daily win packs does he get them as well?
>
> Yeah this is what I figured, it’s not shareable because it’s a “req” tbh it comes off as pretty sleazy to disguise this as a req. I support the game by purchasing the pack and they use a backhanded way of getting us to have to buy it multiple times. 343 is well aware of the home xbox feature and they are banking on it. Let’s be clear, this pack is not a req and it should be accessible to anyone playing halo 5 on my home xbox.

I wouldn’t go that far. 343 attention to detail isn’t that great and it was more likely an over site. it was probably just an easier way to sell the feature.

> 2533274816788253;10:
> > 2533274881295661;9:
> > > 2533274816788253;8:
> > > It may not be sharable seeing how it launched as a req pack though. when you get gold packs or daily win packs does he get them as well?
> >
> > Yeah this is what I figured, it’s not shareable because it’s a “req” tbh it comes off as pretty sleazy to disguise this as a req. I support the game by purchasing the pack and they use a backhanded way of getting us to have to buy it multiple times. 343 is well aware of the home xbox feature and they are banking on it. Let’s be clear, this pack is not a req and it should be accessible to anyone playing halo 5 on my home xbox.
>
> I wouldn’t go that far. 343 attention to detail isn’t that great and it was more likely an over site. it was probably just an easier way to sell the feature.

It’s a pretty big over sight.

> 2533274962122285;11:
> > 2533274816788253;10:
> > > 2533274881295661;9:
> > > > 2533274816788253;8:
> > > > It may not be sharable seeing how it launched as a req pack though. when you get gold packs or daily win packs does he get them as well?
> > >
> > > Yeah this is what I figured, it’s not shareable because it’s a “req” tbh it comes off as pretty sleazy to disguise this as a req. I support the game by purchasing the pack and they use a backhanded way of getting us to have to buy it multiple times. 343 is well aware of the home xbox feature and they are banking on it. Let’s be clear, this pack is not a req and it should be accessible to anyone playing halo 5 on my home xbox.
> >
> > I wouldn’t go that far. 343 attention to detail isn’t that great and it was more likely an over site. it was probably just an easier way to sell the feature.
>
> It’s a pretty big over sight.

Agreed, it’s one of the Xbox best features. I can understand him not getting req packs if I purchase them but this isn’t the same and they know it. I would love to believe this is an oversight, but it’s not. I am under no illusion that it’s a business and they are in it to make money, but they got my money and I should be getting the content for open use on my console.

I’m going to guess that by “other DLC” you mean like map packs for Call of Duty and other games. They can be shared on the same console because they are continuously used, instead of REQ packs, which can only be redeemed once, and you don’t have to play on the same console ever again because you have already unlocked it permanently. Map packs need to be installed in a storage device, meaning you would have to either take out your harddrive whenever you want to play on another console, or always play on the same console.

But REQ packs aren’t a downloadable and replayable piece of content. It’s a one time only redemption tied to the profile to redeemed it.

Look at it this way: Let’s say I’m playing a game with an in-game currency or paid redeemable content. I bought the currency/item and redeemed it on my profile, I then use another profile and tried to earn/redeem the content I already redeemed. If this type of content worked like how you want it to, it could be abused quickly. My friends or anybody I want could link their profiles to my Xbox and redeem content they should’ve paid for.

It’s not “sleazy,” they are trying to prevent digital theft. This is literally the only way to do it. They can’t just make locked content free for as many people as you want because you paid a single fee for it.

> 2533274860945165;13:
> I’m going to guess that by “other DLC” you mean like map packs for Call of Duty and other games. They can be shared on the same console because they are continuously used, instead of REQ packs, which can only be redeemed once, and you don’t have to play on the same console ever again because you have already unlocked it permanently. Map packs need to be installed in a storage device, meaning you would have to either take out your harddrive whenever you want to play on another console, or always play on the same console.
>
> But REQ packs aren’t a downloadable and replayable piece of content. It’s a one time only redemption tied to the profile to redeemed it.
>
> Look at it this way: Let’s say I’m playing a game with an in-game currency or paid redeemable content. I bought the currency/item and redeemed it on my profile, I then use another profile and tried to earn/redeem the content I already redeemed. If this type of content worked like how you want it to, it could be abused quickly. My friends or anybody I want could link their profiles to my Xbox and redeem content they should’ve paid for.
>
> It’s not “sleazy,” they are trying to prevent digital theft. This is literally the only way to do it. They can’t just make locked content free for as many people as you want because you paid a single fee for it.

But the voice packs are not reqs they are no different then any other dlc. Like I said I understand why gold packs are not shareable and have no issue with that practice. But this is something different it’s an ever changing slippery slope of what will and won’t be shared. Also digital theft has nothing to do with it, it’s My Home Xbox and the content I pay for is supposed to be open to anyone on the home system end of story that’s their own policy.

Anything that comes in a REQ pack is not shared with the family or any other profile on the Xbox. I got the Limited edition, which came with WZ REQ bundle, and no other profile in the family could use it besides mine. It’s not broken, it’s just how it is.

> 2533274881295661;14:
> > 2533274860945165;13:
> > I’m going to guess that by “other DLC” you mean like map packs for Call of Duty and other games. They can be shared on the same console because they are continuously used, instead of REQ packs, which can only be redeemed once, and you don’t have to play on the same console ever again because you have already unlocked it permanently. Map packs need to be installed in a storage device, meaning you would have to either take out your harddrive whenever you want to play on another console, or always play on the same console.
> >
> > But REQ packs aren’t a downloadable and replayable piece of content. It’s a one time only redemption tied to the profile to redeemed it.
> >
> > Look at it this way: Let’s say I’m playing a game with an in-game currency or paid redeemable content. I bought the currency/item and redeemed it on my profile, I then use another profile and tried to earn/redeem the content I already redeemed. If this type of content worked like how you want it to, it could be abused quickly. My friends or anybody I want could link their profiles to my Xbox and redeem content they should’ve paid for.
> >
> > It’s not “sleazy,” they are trying to prevent digital theft. This is literally the only way to do it. They can’t just make locked content free for as many people as you want because you paid a single fee for it.
>
> But the voice packs are not reqs they are no different then any other dlc. Like I said I understand why gold packs are not shareable and have no issue with that practice. But this is something different it’s an ever changing slippery slope of what will and won’t be shared. Also digital theft has nothing to do with it, it’s My Home Xbox and the content I pay for is supposed to be open to anyone on the home system end of story that’s their own policy.

They are REQs in fact. When I bought the pack, the game gave it to me as a REQ pack waiting to be opened. I opened it and was given three mythic announcers. Total REQs.

> 2535449076192416;16:
> > 2533274881295661;14:
> > > 2533274860945165;13:
> > > I’m going to guess that by “other DLC” you mean like map packs for Call of Duty and other games. They can be shared on the same console because they are continuously used, instead of REQ packs, which can only be redeemed once, and you don’t have to play on the same console ever again because you have already unlocked it permanently. Map packs need to be installed in a storage device, meaning you would have to either take out your harddrive whenever you want to play on another console, or always play on the same console.
> > >
> > > But REQ packs aren’t a downloadable and replayable piece of content. It’s a one time only redemption tied to the profile to redeemed it.
> > >
> > > Look at it this way: Let’s say I’m playing a game with an in-game currency or paid redeemable content. I bought the currency/item and redeemed it on my profile, I then use another profile and tried to earn/redeem the content I already redeemed. If this type of content worked like how you want it to, it could be abused quickly. My friends or anybody I want could link their profiles to my Xbox and redeem content they should’ve paid for.
> > >
> > > It’s not “sleazy,” they are trying to prevent digital theft. This is literally the only way to do it. They can’t just make locked content free for as many people as you want because you paid a single fee for it.
> >
> > But the voice packs are not reqs they are no different then any other dlc. Like I said I understand why gold packs are not shareable and have no issue with that practice. But this is something different it’s an ever changing slippery slope of what will and won’t be shared. Also digital theft has nothing to do with it, it’s My Home Xbox and the content I pay for is supposed to be open to anyone on the home system end of story that’s their own policy.
>
> They are REQs in fact. When I bought the pack, the game gave it to me as a REQ pack waiting to be opened. I opened it and was given three mythic announcers. Total REQs.

Complete nonsense and people who agree with this type of anti consumer garbage are the reason we are now getting pounded by all there microtransactions.

> 2533274881295661;17:
> > 2535449076192416;16:
> > > 2533274881295661;14:
> > > > 2533274860945165;13:
> > > > I’m going to guess that by “other DLC” you mean like map packs for Call of Duty and other games. They can be shared on the same console because they are continuously used, instead of REQ packs, which can only be redeemed once, and you don’t have to play on the same console ever again because you have already unlocked it permanently. Map packs need to be installed in a storage device, meaning you would have to either take out your harddrive whenever you want to play on another console, or always play on the same console.
> > > >
> > > > But REQ packs aren’t a downloadable and replayable piece of content. It’s a one time only redemption tied to the profile to redeemed it.
> > > >
> > > > Look at it this way: Let’s say I’m playing a game with an in-game currency or paid redeemable content. I bought the currency/item and redeemed it on my profile, I then use another profile and tried to earn/redeem the content I already redeemed. If this type of content worked like how you want it to, it could be abused quickly. My friends or anybody I want could link their profiles to my Xbox and redeem content they should’ve paid for.
> > > >
> > > > It’s not “sleazy,” they are trying to prevent digital theft. This is literally the only way to do it. They can’t just make locked content free for as many people as you want because you paid a single fee for it.
>
> Complete nonsense and people who agree with this type of anti consumer garbage are the reason we are now getting pounded by all there microtransactions.

I mean would you rather games be $150 and come with things like this for free? Inflation dictates that things must be more expensive. Its a miracle in itself that developers are still selling games for $60 in a world where $60 is can buy you absolutely nothing of real value. So they introduce microtransactions to make the extra money they cannot get by the game itself. Would you rather complain about microtransactions unfairly**, or complain about companies raising the price of games, something they should have done a long time ago?** Also, voice packs are not cheap. They have to provide for the actors food and accommodation, compensation for the recording, etc. I’m surprised they even got the actors to come, seeing as many voice actors are on strike. Not giving them enough money in royalties on the pack would be a dangerous move. So yes, maybe a little shady, but anti-consumer**?** Hell no!

Voices of War is a REQ pack, not DLC. It’s like if you buy a gold pack on your account, then he’s not going to get one too. DLC is a separate attachment to a game, a REQ pack is inside the game… hope that helps.

> 2535468922214942;18:
> > 2533274881295661;17:
> > > 2535449076192416;16:
> > > > 2533274881295661;14:
> > > > > 2533274860945165;13:
> > > > > I’m going to guess that by “other DLC” you mean like map packs for Call of Duty and other games. They can be shared on the same console because they are continuously used, instead of REQ packs, which can only be redeemed once, and you don’t have to play on the same console ever again because you have already unlocked it permanently. Map packs need to be installed in a storage device, meaning you would have to either take out your harddrive whenever you want to play on another console, or always play on the same console.
> > > > >
> > > > > But REQ packs aren’t a downloadable and replayable piece of content. It’s a one time only redemption tied to the profile to redeemed it.
> > > > >
> > > > > Look at it this way: Let’s say I’m playing a game with an in-game currency or paid redeemable content. I bought the currency/item and redeemed it on my profile, I then use another profile and tried to earn/redeem the content I already redeemed. If this type of content worked like how you want it to, it could be abused quickly. My friends or anybody I want could link their profiles to my Xbox and redeem content they should’ve paid for.
> > > > >
> > > > > It’s not “sleazy,” they are trying to prevent digital theft. This is literally the only way to do it. They can’t just make locked content free for as many people as you want because you paid a single fee for it.
> >
> > Complete nonsense and people who agree with this type of anti consumer garbage are the reason we are now getting pounded by all there microtransactions.
>
> I mean would you rather games be $150 and come with things like this for free? Inflation dictates that things must be more expensive. Its a miracle in itself that developers are still selling games for $60 in a world where $60 is can buy you absolutely nothing of real value. So they introduce microtransactions to make the extra money they cannot get by the game itself. Would you rather complain about microtransactions unfairly**, or complain about companies raising the price of games, something they should have done a long time ago?** Also, voice packs are not cheap. They have to provide for the actors food and accommodation, compensation for the recording, etc. I’m surprised they even got the actors to come, seeing as many voice actors are on strike. Not giving them enough money in royalties on the pack would be a dangerous move. So yes, maybe a little shady, but anti-consumer**?** Hell no!

Agree with Apple… while the voices of war are actually a bit of both reqs/dlc… they are basically like the HCS weapon skins. Completely OPTIONAL cosmetics… it gives you a different voice to listen to while gaming… not to far off from having a different looking weapon skin to look at while gaming… so being that it’s 100% optional and is essentially a luxury item… we are NOT being pounded by microtransactions at all.