PSA: There's a special level of hell reserved for

> WZA spawn kill farmers, cheaters, and those who talk at the theatre.
>
> A special level…

Thanks to Shepherd Book for those wonderful words of wisdom.

Remember folks: Don’t be a -yoink-. If you are setting out to specifically make someone’s game less enjoyable, you’re not following the golden rule. DBAD!

I had to stop playing WZ a while back because of the spawn kill farming. Just couldn’t find any fun in it anymore.

> 2535447371726695;2:
> I had to stop playing WZ a while back because of the spawn kill farming. Just couldn’t find any fun in it anymore.

This is precisely what I mean: if others are, by their thoughtless and selfish actions ruining others’ experiences then long term they’re just killing off the community one soul-crush at a time

> 2533274874872263;3:
> > 2535447371726695;2:
> > I had to stop playing WZ a while back because of the spawn kill farming. Just couldn’t find any fun in it anymore.
>
> This is precisely what I mean: if others are, by their thoughtless and selfish actions ruining others’ experiences then long term they’re just killing off the community one soul-crush at a time

They could just say it’s part of the game. Spawn killing has been around in fps for a long time. Although it sucks to be on the receiving end. It is part of the game

> 2533274847704400;4:
> > 2533274874872263;3:
> > > 2535447371726695;2:
> > > I had to stop playing WZ a while back because of the spawn kill farming. Just couldn’t find any fun in it anymore.
> >
> > This is precisely what I mean: if others are, by their thoughtless and selfish actions ruining others’ experiences then long term they’re just killing off the community one soul-crush at a time
>
> They could just say it’s part of the game. Spawn killing has been around in fps for a long time. Although it sucks to be on the receiving end. It is part of the game

The occasional spawn kill, yes fine it happens. 3 Gausshogs parked up with fields of fire covering spawn zones, specifically letting someone through to the Armory and then Temple (and not contesting it) in order to extend the match?

No, sorry, that’s exploiting mechanics to a ridiculous extent solely for statpadding and it’s farming.

Farming is a huge difference

Get that man a medal because those are the WISEST WORDS I EVER HEARD

> 2533274874872263;5:
> > 2533274847704400;4:
> > > 2533274874872263;3:
> > > > 2535447371726695;2:
> > > > I had to stop playing WZ a while back because of the spawn kill farming. Just couldn’t find any fun in it anymore.
> > >
> > > This is precisely what I mean: if others are, by their thoughtless and selfish actions ruining others’ experiences then long term they’re just killing off the community one soul-crush at a time
> >
> > They could just say it’s part of the game. Spawn killing has been around in fps for a long time. Although it sucks to be on the receiving end. It is part of the game
>
> The occasional spawn kill, yes fine it happens. 3 Gausshogs parked up with fields of fire covering spawn zones, specifically letting someone through to the Armory and then Temple (and not contesting it) in order to extend the match?
>
> No, sorry, that’s exploiting mechanics to a ridiculous extent solely for statpadding and it’s farming.
>
> Farming is a huge difference

its not like they’re cheating or hacking the game. If the tools are there can you blame them for using it?

> 2533274847704400;7:
> > 2533274874872263;5:
> > > 2533274847704400;4:
> > > > 2533274874872263;3:
> > > > > 2535447371726695;2:
> > > > > I had to stop playing WZ a while back because of the spawn kill farming. Just couldn’t find any fun in it anymore.
> > > >
> > > > This is precisely what I mean: if others are, by their thoughtless and selfish actions ruining others’ experiences then long term they’re just killing off the community one soul-crush at a time
> > >
> > > They could just say it’s part of the game. Spawn killing has been around in fps for a long time. Although it sucks to be on the receiving end. It is part of the game
> >
> > The occasional spawn kill, yes fine it happens. 3 Gausshogs parked up with fields of fire covering spawn zones, specifically letting someone through to the Armory and then Temple (and not contesting it) in order to extend the match?
> >
> > No, sorry, that’s exploiting mechanics to a ridiculous extent solely for statpadding and it’s farming.
> >
> > Farming is a huge difference
>
> its not like they’re cheating or hacking the game. If the tools are there can you blame them for using it?

Yes because morally it’s a total -yoink- move. Even if you refuse to subscribe to the platinum rule of ‘treat someone how they want to be treated’, I still highly highly doubt anyone would want to be treated like that themselves therefore it fails the golden rule of ‘treat others the way you want to be treated’.

Therefore those doing it aren’t following the Xbox Community Standards. https://support.xbox.com/en-CA/help/friends-social-activity/share-socialize/platinum-rule

> 2533274874872263;8:
> > 2533274847704400;7:
> > > 2533274874872263;5:
> > > > 2533274847704400;4:
> > > > > 2533274874872263;3:
> > > > > > 2535447371726695;2:
> > > > > > I had to stop playing WZ a while back because of the spawn kill farming. Just couldn’t find any fun in it anymore.
> > > > >
> > > > > This is precisely what I mean: if others are, by their thoughtless and selfish actions ruining others’ experiences then long term they’re just killing off the community one soul-crush at a time
> > > >
> > > > They could just say it’s part of the game. Spawn killing has been around in fps for a long time. Although it sucks to be on the receiving end. It is part of the game
> > >
> > > The occasional spawn kill, yes fine it happens. 3 Gausshogs parked up with fields of fire covering spawn zones, specifically letting someone through to the Armory and then Temple (and not contesting it) in order to extend the match?
> > >
> > > No, sorry, that’s exploiting mechanics to a ridiculous extent solely for statpadding and it’s farming.
> > >
> > > Farming is a huge difference
> >
> > its not like they’re cheating or hacking the game. If the tools are there can you blame them for using it?
>
> Yes because morally it’s a total -yoink- move. Even if you refuse to subscribe to the platinum rule of ‘treat someone how they want to be treated’, I still highly highly doubt anyone would want to be treated like that themselves therefore it fails the golden rule of ‘treat others the way you want to be treated’.
>
> Therefore those doing it aren’t following the Xbox Community Standards. https://support.xbox.com/en-CA/help/friends-social-activity/share-socialize/platinum-rule

Its a video game bro. Same things happen to me when I play CTF against a stacked team and they just cap 1 flag then farm kills. You can’t get mad at that

Spawn kill farmers are just one main reason I ditched regular Warzone and Warzone Assault altogether. The only mode I play is Firefight, and the last time I did that was on Mythic. Gained me a good amount of XP per match.

> 2535412187252726;10:
> Spawn kill farmers are just one main reason I ditched regular Warzone and Warzone Assault altogether. The only mode I play is Firefight, and the last time I did that was on Mythic. Gained me a good amount of XP per match.

Exhibit B. And I’m so sorry to hear.

> 2533274847704400;9:
> > 2533274874872263;8:
> > > 2533274847704400;7:
> > > > 2533274874872263;5:
> > > > > 2533274847704400;4:
> > > > > > 2533274874872263;3:
> > > > > > > 2535447371726695;2:
> > > > > > > I had to stop playing WZ a while back because of the spawn kill farming. Just couldn’t find any fun in it anymore.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > This is precisely what I mean: if others are, by their thoughtless and selfish actions ruining others’ experiences then long term they’re just killing off the community one soul-crush at a time
> > > > >
> > > > > They could just say it’s part of the game. Spawn killing has been around in fps for a long time. Although it sucks to be on the receiving end. It is part of the game
> > > >
> > > > The occasional spawn kill, yes fine it happens. 3 Gausshogs parked up with fields of fire covering spawn zones, specifically letting someone through to the Armory and then Temple (and not contesting it) in order to extend the match?
> > > >
> > > > No, sorry, that’s exploiting mechanics to a ridiculous extent solely for statpadding and it’s farming.
> > > >
> > > > Farming is a huge difference
> > >
> > > its not like they’re cheating or hacking the game. If the tools are there can you blame them for using it?
> >
> > Yes because morally it’s a total -yoink- move. Even if you refuse to subscribe to the platinum rule of ‘treat someone how they want to be treated’, I still highly highly doubt anyone would want to be treated like that themselves therefore it fails the golden rule of ‘treat others the way you want to be treated’.
> >
> > Therefore those doing it aren’t following the Xbox Community Standards. https://support.xbox.com/en-CA/help/friends-social-activity/share-socialize/platinum-rule
>
> Its a video game bro. Same things happen to me when I play CTF against a stacked team and they just cap 1 flag then farm kills. You can’t get mad at that

I’d class that the same, but I want the community to stand up to the 'if you can’t beat 'em, join ‘em.’ response.

This behaviour is contrary to the Xbox Community Standards so we as members of the community have the power here. We can hold ourselves and each other to those standards and when people breach those and create an environment people aren’t comfortable in we can call it out for what it is: unacceptable.

Yes we can report, yes we can do our best to stop it, but we should also stand up and say we don’t consider it acceptable and to encourage everyone to adhere to the community standards and create an enjoyable place for everyone to play.

If we stand idly by and let such behaviour reduce how others feel able to play and engage with the community, then we simply allow the community to shrink and we all lose in the long run

Spawn killing is ultra rude, I agree its a moral fault of the perpetrators but like most sins in video games the only way to solve the issue is my changing the system and game to not allow it. The real solution is to make sure that spawns are placed more appropriately and cant be exploited as easily as they are in H5.

I know that little consolation now however and WZA is especially rife with the issue however.

> 2533274841519598;12:
> Spawn killing is ultra rude, I agree its a moral fault of the perpetrators but like most sins in video games the only way to solve the issue is my changing the system and game to not allow it. The real solution is to make sure that spawns are placed more appropriately and cant be exploited as easily as they are in H5.
>
> I know that little consolation now however and WZA is especially rife with the issue however.

Indeed. Spawn-killing is also why I’m against any change to an XP award system solely based on game performance as some games of WZA I am literally lucky to get an assist let alone a kill. My solution to that would be a ‘Fair play’ modifier which would start at say x1.5 and then various detectable behaviours (idling, teamkilling/damaging, spawnkilling, suicide, running into a wall, overly repetitive input) could be classed as contrary to it - after a certain number (e.g. 3-5) your modifier would start reducing by 0.1 for each offence so, e.g. after 8-10 offences you’d be down to x1.0 (no positive benefit) and by 15 offences you’d be down to 0.5 or lower. You’d probably have to cap a minimum level to avoid it going down to x0.0 (although for egregious examples that might be warranted). It might even form the basis for some kind of votekick system