PSA: Competitive Skill Rating

I’m noticing a lot of complaints about the Competitive Ranking System. This is baffling to me because it’s essentially a reworking of the True Skill system in Halo 2.

The biggest complaint is that people feel penalized for having bad teammates. Well, that complaint shows a misunderstanding of what CSR is measuring.

In a team based gametype, it’s measure your effectiveness in a team. Your K/D ratio means nothing if your team isn’t winning games. It’s like a QB with a lot of passing yards, he’s not considered elite until he can raise his teams level of play. Try focusing less on your individual performance stats and try to do what it takes to elevate the rest of your team. Keeping your team alive is just as important getting kills and staying alive yourself. Communicate with them and help them to get better during the match. Do that, and you will get more wins your rank will improve, as you will have become a better team player.

Either that or play with people you work well with.

If you want a measure of your individual skill, you’ll have to wait until Solo playlists become available.

Well someone gets it. Great post. :slight_smile:

Im not sure how it works though. I’m an 8.1 KDA and Im stuck at silver II.

> 2535449976915163;3:
> Im not sure how it works though. I’m an 8.1 KDA and Im stuck at silver II.

we aren’t complaining about loosing points, but the seemingly random amounts it assigns… You wreak havoc and win 50-18 and get +7…loose 50-49 drop 12

> 2535449976915163;3:
> Im not sure how it works though. I’m an 8.1 KDA and Im stuck at silver II.

here is where I got all my info on the ranking system

> 2533274865708979;4:
> > 2535449976915163;3:
> > Im not sure how it works though. I’m an 8.1 KDA and Im stuck at silver II.
>
>
> we aren’t complaining about loosing points, but the seemingly random amounts it assigns… You wreak havoc and win 50-18 and get +7…loose 50-49 drop 12

It goes by the rank of the opposing team; lose to higher ranked players you don’t drop much, lose to lower ranks you drop more points.

> 2533274822673203;6:
> > 2533274865708979;4:
> > > 2535449976915163;3:
> > > Im not sure how it works though. I’m an 8.1 KDA and Im stuck at silver II.
> >
> >
> >
> > we aren’t complaining about loosing points, but the seemingly random amounts it assigns… You wreak havoc and win 50-18 and get +7…loose 50-49 drop 12
>
>
> It goes by the rank of the opposing team; lose to higher ranked players you don’t drop much, lose to lower ranks you drop more points.

well that’s no good seeing as they don’t seem to be ranking you on skill yet. I’m sure by the end of beta maybe, but definitely release it will be smoothed out and the points people earn/loose by game will be more consistent as they should be matching players of as close to equal skill rating as it can