Proximity chat

Halo 5 may not be a perfect content driven game, BUT I am having a blast none the less. I’ve finally fine tuned my gamepad for aiming excellence, and I’ve got a group of buddies who will play the game with me! My only concerns lie in the “features I want to return” section. One of those being Proximity chat. It definitely needs to be an option due to the competitive nature of the game. But I’d love to toggle it on when I just want to kick back and meet some new people/trash talk this as I -Yoink!-. No hard feelings, right? But seriously, I’m not the only one who trash talks but doesn’t allow myself to take gaming trash talk seriously. It’s all in the fun (just don’t cross those societal boundaries). Anyways, back on topic… Just the other day I invited the other team to my party and we chatted for a bit. Made the game have a different feeling. Much more casual as both sides were just having fun. Proximity chat could allow for that to happen if you give consent in the options menu! What are your thoughts on this?

We campaigned pretty hard to have Proxy chat put in to MCC as well. We had assumed it was going to be in Halo Ce - 3 by default. It really helped the games feel alive compared to silent avatars that could be AI for all you know. 343i don’t seem too interested in seeing proxy chat in any of their games though.

This has been asked for since they removed it on Halo 4. I would love to see it return as well, but I doubt it will. There is too much concern with the sensitivity of peoples feelings. They have really made an emphasis on the appearance of equality.

> 2533274863544717;3:
> This has been asked for since they removed it on Halo 4. I would love to see it return as well, but I doubt it will. There is too much concern with the sensitivity of peoples feelings. They have really made an emphasis on the appearance of equality.

Yeah, I’ve seen a lot of people that have asked for it in mcc. It’s crazy that they won’t even implement it as an option. It could be kept out of ranked and only allowed in social. They’ve listened to our feedback before, maybe we just need to keep being vocal about it, as they are able to patch it in if they wanted to.

> 2533274869022335;4:
> > 2533274863544717;3:
> > This has been asked for since they removed it on Halo 4. I would love to see it return as well, but I doubt it will. There is too much concern with the sensitivity of peoples feelings. They have really made an emphasis on the appearance of equality.
>
>
> Yeah, I’ve seen a lot of people that have asked for it in mcc. It’s crazy that they won’t even implement it as an option. It could be kept out of ranked and only allowed in social. They’ve listened to our feedback before, maybe we just need to keep being vocal about it, as they are able to patch it in if they wanted to.

Seriously, Halo 3 had a great community because the social playlists were nice and people had fun. Part of that was because of Proximity Chat. It allowed you to chat with the people from the other team and playfully talk crap. I mean, it’s not like it needs to be forced. If 343 really cares that much about children getting their feelings hurt on the internet they should just put it in and make it an option that’s disabled by default.

I enjoyed proximity voice in reach, and i think it should be put in 5 even as an option, in fact especially as an option because i still enjoyed talking to people in custom games in infection. There are many reasons people have liked proximity voice, and one of mine is that i can hide behind a wall where an enemy could be talking to another and just screw with them until they found me out. Proximity voice chat wasn’t in H2A and i feel because of that, it didn’t make a very big impact on me even with the new scripting feature. I played custom games with friends, but hated going into another party with the team. I definitely agree with everyone else here that it should be put in.