Proud User Of Recon Variant? Halo 4

Do you think the <mark>Recon Variant should be adapted to HALO 4</mark>?
If So Tell Me What You Think?

I voted no.

Here’s my reasoning.

Recon was an armor set that was highly desired by fans in Halo 3. It was a benchmark for only a few fans that had done something enough to impress Bungie to give it to them, before it was made available to everyone via Vidmaster challenges. It was something that was a HUGE reward at first. If you had to obtain it by vidmaster challenges, it was still a reward as you did have to work for it to some degree.

It made it’s return in Reach as a Pre-order bonus. It lost it’s special place in Halo when not only could you get it through pre-order but you could just get it by playing Reach enough to rank up and buy it through credits.

Personally, I’d prefer 343 to come up with some other set of armor that is uniquely theirs. Something that not all the masses can have yet something we all would want.

Adding to this, I’d also not like to see the Haunted Helmet return. Not because it wasn’t cool. I thought it was a very cool addition for those who were prolific players and reached the rank of Inheritor in Reach.

However, just about every Inheritor you see out there (myself excluded) wears it. This isn’t a helmet that makes sense in Halo from a story point of view. Considering that 343 is integrating Multiplayer with Campaign through Spartan Ops, the Haunted Helmet just has not place. Besides, it too would lose it’s luster if it became available to everyone without having to work for it.

So no to Recon and Haunted Helmet. Yes, to some brand new armor set that is 343’s own and given out to a rare few individuals who impress them. Now as for what it would take to impress them? Well, that’s up to them, but I hope it’s a lot and not some hand drawn copy of “Mister Chief” or some LOL cats for BS Angel. Something rather that is really special and promotes Halo itself and/or the community/343.

Honestly I don’t care about Recon.

> I voted no.
> So no to Recon and Haunted Helmet. Yes, to some brand new armor set that is 343’s own and given out to a rare few individuals who impress them.

I was going to say yes to Recon but after reading this part of your post I agree 100%.

Let’s get something new and fresh, and let 343 have something exclusive for them. They’re working on the game so they should get something sweet for their efforts in-game to stand out among the thousands.

Even if it’s just a giant 343 on their chests lol.

No,
Recon armor was Bungie’s unique armor and now almost everybody is wearing it.

343i should make their own new unique armor.

I’m fine with Recon being in Halo 4, it is a known variant in the Halo Universe, canon & multiplayer wise.

But for those suggesting exclusive 343i armour, I hope not, remember how many scams in Halo 3 occurred for people claiming that they could give out Recon & flaming helmets by giving their account information over, it will just be a massive repeat in Halo 4 and with the influx of younger people on the Xbox these days, there would be a lot more scams too.

I’d say bring Recon back as a standard helmet, and instead 343i should design the next new “Special” armour set that is difficult to obtain.

But I still think it should come back, cause it looks really cool

It should because it is the most desired armor since Halo 3. This will be one of the key features to capture success in Halo 4. Just as it did in Halo Reach.

I agree , Recon armor should be a Standard set in Halo 4 , since Bungie has shut down their servers for Halo 3 and no Recon is achievable anymore.

There will be alot of new armor as we already saw the Spartan IV and his new Buffed up Variants.

They should make new Vidmaster challange for a Complete Unique set of armor.

M.

> I voted no.
>
> Here’s my reasoning.
>
> Recon was an armor set that was highly desired by fans in Halo 3. It was a benchmark for only a few fans that had done something enough to impress Bungie to give it to them, before it was made available to everyone via Vidmaster challenges. It was something that was a HUGE reward at first. If you had to obtain it by vidmaster challenges, it was still a reward as you did have to work for it to some degree.
>
> It made it’s return in Reach as a Pre-order bonus. It lost it’s special place in Halo when not only could you get it through pre-order but you could just get it by playing Reach enough to rank up and buy it through credits.
>
> Personally, I’d prefer 343 to come up with some other set of armor that is uniquely theirs. Something that not all the masses can have yet something we all would want.
>
> Adding to this, I’d also not like to see the Haunted Helmet return. Not because it wasn’t cool. I thought it was a very cool addition for those who were prolific players and reached the rank of Inheritor in Reach.
>
> However, just about every Inheritor you see out there (myself excluded) wears it. This isn’t a helmet that makes sense in Halo from a story point of view. <mark>Considering that 343 is integrating Multiplayer with Campaign through Spartan Ops, the Haunted Helmet just has not place</mark>. Besides, it too would lose it’s luster if it became available to everyone without having to work for it.
>
> So no to Recon and Haunted Helmet. Yes, to some brand new armor set that is 343’s own and given out to a rare few individuals who impress them. Now as for what it would take to impress them? Well, that’s up to them, but I hope it’s a lot and not some hand drawn copy of “Mister Chief” or some LOL cats for BS Angel. Something rather that is really special and promotes Halo itself and/or the community/343.

I agree %100. Hopefully this means no AEs (hearts, confetti, stink clouds, lightning), flames are ok for a few people who do something significant but let’s end it there.
And no katanas and hyabusa!
I know, I’m a buzzkil. I like to immerse myself and seeing goofy stuff like this just takes me out of the game.