Pros & Cons of H2 Anni coming out 2014

Just saying, i just want those who agree/disagree with Halo 2 Anni to post their thoughts of what is a pro or con of Halo 2 Anni coming out later this year. With supposed leaks, the question still has been around since Halo CEA was announced, with there be a Halo 2 Ten Year Version like CEA.

i for one love the idea of Halo 2 CEA, for many reasons that i’m sure many would try to discount. If this game postpones H5 i have no problem with that, gives 343i some more time to get out a complete game and 343i could hire another company like in CEA to change the graphics of H2 to be up-to-date.

I’ll stop there because this thread isn’t about my feeling more of the Waypoint communities feeling towards Halo 2 Anniversary.

Starting off with a remake of a old game on a new console is sort of sad it’s like going to new restaurant and getting the same meal on a shiner plate.

When halo CE anniversary came out I played had a good time, nostalgia ended then went back on reach. If halo 2 A came out I will play it, have a good time but then stop because of how basic it will be compared to today’s standards and go on something else.

Giving a new adventure would be way better because you are facing the unknown, rather than reliving an old one. Multiplayer fans would enjoy it but lore fans not so much. Seeing the new world opened up by halo 4 gave fans tons of ideas and possibilities for the universe and then getting pulled back wouldn’t appeal to them as much, halo CE A had to add terminals to appeal to the lore fans even if it was a tiny snack

Think of how the forge community would feel too, playing on a halo that doesn’t like them create their own maps and fun gametypes.

New fans though would probably like the idea of playing on halo 2 and seeing why the older fans keep bragging on about it and maybe having a good understanding of the classic formula.

I don’t speak for everyone so I could be wrong.

As long as Halo 2 has multiplayer I don’t care about what happens to Halo 5. If it doesn’t have multiplayer, I won’t buy it, as I already have the game.

i’ll probably buy it regardless, but i’d definitely buy it if it has halo 2’s multiplayer and hopefully include a halo reach or 4 default control scheme with melee as RB.

> i’ll probably buy it regardless, but i’d definitely buy it if it has halo 2’s multiplayer and hopefully include a halo reach or 4 default control scheme with melee as RB.

I hope it does have bumper jumper, if it doesn’t I’m going to have a bad time :frowning:

> > i’ll probably buy it regardless, but i’d definitely buy it if it has halo 2’s multiplayer and hopefully include a halo reach or 4 default control scheme with melee as RB.
>
> I hope it does have bumper jumper, if it doesn’t I’m going to have a bad time :frowning:

the controls are the hardest part of switching between the games for me especially 3 where RB is the action button, and while i know its not that big a deal and could live without it i think it’d be nice to have the current default control scheme in there even its not the actual default one

> > > i’ll probably buy it regardless, but i’d definitely buy it if it has halo 2’s multiplayer and hopefully include a halo reach or 4 default control scheme with melee as RB.
> >
> > I hope it does have bumper jumper, if it doesn’t I’m going to have a bad time :frowning:
>
> the controls are the hardest part of switching between the games for me especially 3 where RB is the action button, and while i know its not that big a deal and could live without it i think it’d be nice to have the current default control scheme in there even its not the actual default one

I’ve been using bumper jumper for 6 years now and having to convert to default would make me sad because it wouldn’t feel as natural :frowning:

Yeah, I’d buy it but for no other reason than it’s Halo.

There’s just so much other stuff that 343 could put their time and money into. An ODST sequel, a Halo wars sequel, An Elite game, books, mini series. They’re just wasting so much potential it hurts.

Then there’s the danger of remakes becoming a never ending spiral and I think we should just stop at where we are now and move on because if we have Halo 2 then we can’t leave Halo 3 out and after that we get into side game territory and then after that the reclaimer saga games will have remakes considered. Just one remake taking up a slot that could be occupied by a new game makes me angry and having any more would be a nightmare.

Another thing is that there are so many that expect a Halo 2 multiplayer. I just can’t see that being a strong possibility and I don’t want to see so many people get excited with H2A’s announcement and then have their spirits crushed after being told that it’s just the campaign.

I really don’t want this game. It’s a waste of potential, it starts a bad habit and it could end up disappointing a lot of players.

I would buy it even if it was multiplayer less but depending on how it goes, it will have a factor on my decision of if I buy the next one.

If they did I want the multiplayer just to have updated graphics. Don’t add any of halo 4’s multiplayer into it. ← that would make me not buy the next one.

Just leave it like the halo 2 that we all used to know.

I desperately want a Halo 2 anniversary. Words could not describe the inner need to have one. My heart would practically burst of excitement if they also announced a remade multiplayer that patched out button combos and super-jumps as well as terminals and a skulls menu.

If Halo 2 Anniversary has the same multiplayer as the original except updated, I would buy it and my buddies would buy it with a new xbox 1. As a matter of fact, if they couldn’t afford the game I would buy it for them to make sure we all got to play it.

I would definitely buy Halo 2 Anniversary if it were to come out!! only i know how much my heart desires a remake of the game that hands down changed gaming as we know it. If it got announced id be the happiest person alive!! I heard rumors of Halo 2 Anniversary having multiplayer as well, if that turns out to be true, oh man!! i would DEFINITELY buy an xbox one to play it again and relive the good ol days. Please 343 u MUST remake it!!! thousands of fans would return!! hundreds of thousands!

If they do it then they need to do it right and not ruin what is probably the fondest game multiplayer-wise for the majority of the veteran Halo community.

It will obviously be over-hauled graphically so that all Halo games are then HD, but they really can’t afford to mess with MP. The majority of people will be ok with them taking out the button glitches like BXB/ BXR and superbounces (although I personally think they should stay), and possibly decreasing bullet magnetism, but the rest has to remain the same.

No loadouts, no AA’s, no ordinance. If they try imposing the modern H4/ Reach style MP, then imo, this game will crash & burn. It won’t be the nostalgic improved graphic homage it’s meant to be, it will just ruin what many people consider to be the most enjoyable, fun and competitive era of Halo’s history.

Part of me actually hopes they don’t make a H2A, simply so it can’t be ruined.

… were it so easy.

~ Duck.

I just hope MS starts hosting all online matches with any new releases. Every player should get games that play like you are the host. Also then, quitters will just disappear and the game will keep rolling.

Well taking into account what they did with the first Anniversary hell yeah. i will love to see what cool new mechanics and improvements they apply.

I’d buy it, and if it has it’s own multiplayer than I’d never touch Halo 4 or Reach again. I adored Halo 2, and it’s multiplayer was amazing. I’ve been disappointed in Halo titles since 2010, and I could use something I actually WANT to play that’s shiny and new at the same time (well, shinyish and newish, spit and polished Halo 2 is still a new spin on Halo 2).

If H2A does in fact come out later this year it will be different enough from the original that it will appeal to both the multiplayer and canon fans. CEA had lots of things that the original did not, such as terminals, skulls, a few new weapons (DMR, NR, Pro Pipe), and expanded maps.

I’d buy it if it just had Co-op Campaign online. Definitely if it cam with the multiplayer too. I wouldn’t care if it came with original glitches.

I was young and didn’t know about all those bxr and super jump glitches. If multiplayer related (glitch wise), I would either have to learn them or have 343 take them out.

My wife will have to be looking out for me because when the ladies hear that I have and play Halo 2 anniversary, well, I just might never be left alone.

Lore wise, an H2A wouldn’t suffice. However, at the same time it would. For all the new fans who never got to play the campaign. It is fairly hard to find a working copy now.

And they could always add terminals. A 2014 release of H2A would give 343 a well needed year to work on perfecting Halo 5. Certain Affinity would be doing most of the work.