Pros Complaining About Skill Gap in a Game That Aims For You is Hilarious

I’ve been seeing a lot of pros and community members complaining about the skill gap being reduced after recent sandbox tunings and I can only sit here and laugh. It’s 2022, folks are playing on high end PCs/Consoles with a level of aim assist that can be confused as an aim bot. Until 343 reduces the amount of bullet mag/aim assist on controllers, there should be 0 complaints about skill gap, considering the game literally aims your weapons for you.

5 Likes

The horrible lag or desync or whatever you want to call it means that maybe 1 out of 5 games feels like I can aim at all. Most of the time the controls are a mushy feeling mess, with an occasional game where you feel like an hcs pro who can’t miss. Until they get the network sorted out, complaining about aim assist is silly. The people who win the match are the ones who luck out on a good connection for that game.

10 Likes

Nobody’s touching the aim assist.

1 Like

Love this. Been feeling this way for a while. Feels like being punished for trying to get good at the game, because you’ll just be met with inconsistency.

1 Like

I’m not saying to, I’m saying to stop complaining about skill gap in a game that aims for you.

1 Like

Aiming isn’t the only skill gap in Halo. Map + power item control used to be a thing before we got stuck with a bunch of 3 lane turds with 3 minute timers on pickups.

3 Likes

Tell me you are a K&B player and don’t understand how controllers work without telling me you are a K&B players and don’t undestand how controllers work

4 Likes

want a real skills gap? make playable unggoy. That’ll make ppls head melt

1 Like

I’m still mad that the camera sensitivity in this game is stuck in the Xbox 360 limitations while every other FPS upgrade their joystick sensitivity to allow for smoother and faster movement.

1 Like

Yes! I notice this when you start going on a hot streak, afterwards the game will ensure you lose a bunch in a row…

1 Like

I’ve been playing FPS games on a controller for 25 years

1 Like

We need playable unggoy so bad. Humans are just so much weaker and also not nearly as intelligent as the mighty unggoy. Master Chief vs Glipflap? Not even a competition.

1 Like

Id love to see the unggoy customization. aside from the normal minor, major, heavy, spec ops and ultras of the past, we now have mules and rangers too. And let’s not forget the brave YapYap. Absolute king.

It’s funny reading this and having friends with accuracy well under 30%, some sit in single digits. Also funny watching low diamond kb+m friend switch to controller and all of a sudden he’s barely silver, but that’s likely using controller in halo for the first time. Yet any grandmother could hold a controller and have auto aim and be high onyx im sure.

3 Likes

Please keep in mind the reason that we currently have this type of aim assist. I know the halo community is fractured and very vocal(too vocal, and complaining way too much since bungie got bored to be making halo), that every halo player says he’s halo is true halo (pve guys, camping guys, ranked guys, custom players, etc). Simply in an era where halo was the last great arena shooter and put a new console on the map and popularized fps on consoles it was a reference point. But no matter how great at his times it was it simply never evolved. By the time of halo 3 it allready was branded as the same by casual players and site reviews. And since the community only wants halo 3 over and over again(parts of it as the community is to divergent when they talk about what halo is) halo 5 that tried to move into a new direction was badly received. So they had to scrap the added movement mechanics the warzone mode and basically any launch mode of the PvPvE to please the vocal community of we want halo 3 but something new also.

So basically they have this problem, you cannot in 2020 have any 1st person shooter or 3rd person shooter whitout running. Simply you expect that only because everything you played in that area for 15 years have it. And you are used to give you the impression of urgency of moving faster to your destination. Also you can’t toss sliding. It’s expected by players now a day. For the sake of beeing halo it did not go in to ADS only shooter trend though obviously casual players expected that and we all seen posts here from players stating that this is what this game needs to be successful. Same goes for clamber it is expected.

But something that they wanted because halo must evolve, because it is an arena shooter, because you can’t throw everything from the mobility additions in halo 5 and because you have seen it in campaign like forever and bungie use it in pve in destini too is the strafe-crouch-strafe movement. You are used to see it it in halo in campaign, it’s cool, bungie reused it in destiny. It basically a movement that it does not only look cool but also breaks your vertical aim. It’s also a movement requiring more skill than just a simple strafe. Something more asking to throwing the flag in front of you.

Once you add that and it is a move that has the potential to surprise and break vertical aim you truly have a problem. If you want to ever use that move you need a new type of aim assist. The one we have now basically. Because again crouch is on button B just as zoom is on left trigger. And no different mappings, or old mappings like in old halo are not going to cut it anymore. People simply have muscle memory and expect crouch to be on button B and aim on left trigger. This means that this movents is made with the right hand (so is jump with A button). So this type of movements and the increased on movement speed breaks any chance to keep your aim on an oponent that obviously is also staffing. So to compensate for the fact that your right hand can’t be only aim as is in let’s say mouse case you need this type of aim assist and not the old one.

So please understand the reasons for why this exist and either come up with a better solution for the 70% of the population (the casual ones) or stop complaining that there is aim assist. And there is this type of aim assist… It’s not an automatic aim bot, it’s something that is needed on controllers it does nothing for your vertical aim and the moment you start adjusting the aim manually on vertical axis or horizontal axis during the active input it goes away preety much giving some the impression of inconsistent aim assist as compared to previous titles.

Maybe, maybe for people that truly are good and invest a lot of time in the game this can give an advantage over M&K because they come with the vertical aim pre-positioned correctly prior to engagement staring due to experience. But for casual to achieve the final headshot after shields collapse will still require additional aiming correction on vertical axis(which at that moment may minimize the tracking and make an over-aim-correction causing a missed shot)

So unless we talk about onyx level guys (which are a minority of halo players, or the game would be dead) I believe the current aim assist is not overpowered against M&K

1 Like

I think they should get their own Mlg/HCS playlist with their preferred tweaks and leave the rest of us normies alone to enjoy the game.

1 Like

Have any examples of this? Because there’s plenty of examples of the opposite of what you’re claiming.

Any before you say “show me your examples first” (typical gaslighting) I asked you first.

Edit: After reading your reply again, it sounds like you’re singly pointing out one person you personally know to fit your narrative.

1 Like

Then why is there absolutely no MnK presence on Halo Infinite? If the playing field was the level, why would this happen instantly?

1 Like

Well to be fair, you are allowed to think whatever you want. Facts are facts, though. The KBM has been killed off because of how overpowered controller is against KBM.

1 Like

Not at my skill level. I’m king of casual. I dont practice anything ever, I play from the couch 3 feet from the tv(60 fps), I refuse to link the console to the router via cable on a Wi-Fi 6 router. At my level with how SBBM works now in my games M&K dominate KDA wise. At higher levels you all say they have given up playing on K&M. That may be true but for casual level it’s not the case