Pros and Cons of a Season Pass

I want to preface this thread by saying this IS NOT a thread discussing ATN or the season pass of HW2, this is about season passes in general.

A season pass guarantees you access to DLC within a given time period. Be that a year, 3-4 months, or whatever. For someone to truly feel like they got their money’s worth out of a season pass they have to be happy with all or the majority of content released.

• Example: I purchase a season pass to a game that provides me new skins, emotes, maps, and game modes. I’m pleased and happy with my season pass.Now, the disadvantage to a season pass if you only want specific DLC you will never be content with a season pass. You should purchase the DLC separately instead.

• Example: There is a game that has a season pass offering new characters, skins, maps, game modes. I’m only interested in characters and maps, so I shouldn’t get the season pass because I would not get my money’s worth.So, to bring this back to HW2, those that purchased the season pass ONLY to get new campaign missions, I’m sorry, you made a bad decision. You should’ve just waited to have Spearbreaker/ATN released and purchased those individually so you wouldn’t feel “cheated”. Hopefully you can learn from this when trying to decide to purchase season passes in the future.

TD;DR If you know you only want some of the DLC being released, you shouldn’t buy a season pass, just purchase it separately.

I got the season pass for multiplayer only. I haven’t been disappointed because I can potentially be part of the “meta” every month. Still 6 new leaders is awesome because each has their own play styles. It just expands the multiplayer so much and I love it.

Now the campaign aspect of the season pass I really didn’t care for. HW2 story was kinda ehh to me and the story missions were pretty lackluster imo. I also don’t care for blitz at all, so if we got anything for that than I guess that was cool.

heres the thing though, we do not get to onow what all future dlc content is but when it says campain missions and they release an expansion with a campain behind a 2nd paywall before even fullfilling the description they deserve bad PR.

no maps
no gamemodes
no incentive to play pve content after rank 50
campain legendary experience was awful
very few cutscenes

we deaerve to get mad and demand more

It’s like pre orders, you take a risk investing in a product that’s not final. If you only want a specific piece of content it’d end up cheaper buying it separate anyway.

> 2533274904506600;3:
> heres the thing though, we do not get to onow what all future dlc content is but when it says campain missions and they release an expansion with a campain behind a 2nd paywall before even fullfilling the description they deserve bad PR.
>
> no maps
> no gamemodes
> no incentive to play pve content after rank 50
> campain legendary experience was awful
> very few cutscenes
>
> we deaerve to get mad and demand more

To be fair they described what is included in the season pass from the beginning, so you know what you’ll be getting in the season pass.

I know you didn’t want to talk about HW2 season pass but I’m sick to the back teeth with people who think that they spend about £20 and think because of that 343 should do what they say and tell them everything. They bought a season pass not the company. People are getting all stroppy because they say its not good value. Okay so one why buy it and two if you add up all the content of the season pass it come to £2 per item 8 leaders 2 missions. Now onto ATN. You’ll get a new game mode a whole banished campaign and two leaders for again £20. ATN isn’t part of the season pass probably because it wasn’t actually going to happen but 343 listened to it’s fans and created this expansion. Yet despite this people are still moaning why i really don’t get it.

> 2533274847916490;2:
> I got the season pass for multiplayer only. I haven’t been disappointed because I can potentially be part of the “meta” every month. Still 6 new leaders is awesome because each has their own play styles. It just expands the multiplayer so much and I love it.
>
> Now the campaign aspect of the season pass I really didn’t care for. HW2 story was kinda ehh to me and the story missions were pretty lackluster imo. I also don’t care for blitz at all, so if we got anything for that than I guess that was cool.

It’s actually 7 in the season pass.
Kinsano, Colony, Johnson, Arbiter, Jerome, Leader 6, and Leader 7.

I think the very concept of a Season Pass has been tarnished because of all the bad rep it’s been receiving and broadcasting from other games that handled it poorly. I got the ultimate edition because I knew I would still be playing this game months later. I am satisfied with what has been delivered so far.

> 2533274927740213;1:
> I want to preface this thread by saying this IS NOT a thread discussing ATN or the season pass of HW2, this is about season passes in general.
>
> A season pass guarantees you access to DLC within a given time period. Be that a year, 3-4 months, or whatever. For someone to truly feel like they got their money’s worth out of a season pass they have to be happy with all or the majority of content released.
> - Example: I purchase a season pass to a game that provides me new skins, emotes, maps, and game modes. I’m pleased and happy with my season pass.Now, the disadvantage to a season pass if you only want specific DLC you will never be content with a season pass. You should purchase the DLC separately instead.
> - Example: There is a game that has a season pass offering new characters, skins, maps, game modes. I’m only interested in characters and maps, so I shouldn’t get the season pass because I would not get my money’s worth.So, to bring this back to HW2, those that purchased the season pass ONLY to get new campaign missions, I’m sorry, you made a bad decision. You should’ve just waited to have Spearbreaker/ATN released and purchased those individually so you wouldn’t feel “cheated”. Hopefully you can learn from this when trying to decide to purchase season passes in the future.
>
> TD;DR If you know you only want some of the DLC being released, you shouldn’t buy a season pass, just purchase it separately.

I agree. As someone who bought the Ultimate Edition I don’t feel swindle. I essentially bought the season pass that came with all the leaders and maps for $20. I am prepared to pay another $20 for more leaders, maps, new game modes, and a new campaign.

Not a fan of season passes or specific purchases of DLC. I’ll take the method used in Halo 5 all day, any day – micro transactions that are extremely restricted in their impact on game play and limited to effecting the game play of only one segmented mode type. Wish more games understood the brilliance of that method.

> 2775209234672000;10:
> Not a fan of season passes or specific purchases of DLC. I’ll take the method used in Halo 5 all day, any day – micro transactions that are extremely restricted in their impact on game play and limited to effecting the game play of only one segmented mode type. Wish more games understood the brilliance of that method.

I FULLY agree with this! I feel like the micro transactions in halo 5 are right. you don’t HAVE to buy anything but it is there for the people who have money to blow on stuff like that. and the player base has never been divided because of all the new maps and weapons being free to all

> 2533274969455749;6:
> I know you didn’t want to talk about HW2 season pass but I’m sick to the back teeth with people who think that they spend about £20 and think because of that 343 should do what they say and tell them everything. They bought a season pass not the company. People are getting all stroppy because they say its not good value. Okay so one why buy it and two if you add up all the content of the season pass it come to £2 per item 8 leaders 2 missions. Now onto ATN. You’ll get a new game mode a whole banished campaign and two leaders for again £20. ATN isn’t part of the season pass probably because it wasn’t actually going to happen but 343 listened to it’s fans and created this expansion. Yet despite this people are still moaning why i really don’t get it.

Preach it, brother.

We are still getting a campaign expansion in the season pass. It’s smaller than expected, but it’s still happening.

The question really is: if a game has a season pass, why shouldn’t it also have expansions? Games are costing more and more to make and if we want the development to continue we have to support it.

> 2533274874872263;12:
> > 2533274969455749;6:
> > I know you didn’t want to talk about HW2 season pass but I’m sick to the back teeth with people who think that they spend about £20 and think because of that 343 should do what they say and tell them everything. They bought a season pass not the company. People are getting all stroppy because they say its not good value. Okay so one why buy it and two if you add up all the content of the season pass it come to £2 per item 8 leaders 2 missions. Now onto ATN. You’ll get a new game mode a whole banished campaign and two leaders for again £20. ATN isn’t part of the season pass probably because it wasn’t actually going to happen but 343 listened to it’s fans and created this expansion. Yet despite this people are still moaning why i really don’t get it.
>
> Preach it, brother.
>
> We are still getting a campaign expansion in the season pass. It’s smaller than expected, but it’s still happening.
>
> The question really is: if a game has a season pass, why shouldn’t it also have expansions? Games are costing more and more to make and if we want the development to continue we have to support it.

I agree, I mean if it was in the pass then the pass would have had to be $15-$20 more expensive.

> 2533274874872263;12:
> > 2533274969455749;6:
> > I know you didn’t want to talk about HW2 season pass but I’m sick to the back teeth with people who think that they spend about £20 and think because of that 343 should do what they say and tell them everything. They bought a season pass not the company. People are getting all stroppy because they say its not good value. Okay so one why buy it and two if you add up all the content of the season pass it come to £2 per item 8 leaders 2 missions. Now onto ATN. You’ll get a new game mode a whole banished campaign and two leaders for again £20. ATN isn’t part of the season pass probably because it wasn’t actually going to happen but 343 listened to it’s fans and created this expansion. Yet despite this people are still moaning why i really don’t get it.
>
> Preach it, brother.
>
> We are still getting a campaign expansion in the season pass. It’s smaller than expected, but it’s still happening.
>
> The question really is: if a game has a season pass, why shouldn’t it also have expansions? Games are costing more and more to make and if we want the development to continue we have to support it.

I agree that they are getting more expensive and adding more story is one way I’m willing to shell out $20 for more Halo stories.