Pro's and con's of a post Halo 5 story in HW:2

Pro

Judging by the ending of Halo 5, the stakes have been raised and it now involves a galactic struggle again. The perfect genre to capture the scale of such a war would be a strategy game where you could go crazy with giant forerunner units and super weapons.

It allows them to build on things not described yet in Halo 5. How do the Created rule work? How do the Covenant respond to all of this? What does the UNSC do. Assuming we get a Covenant and Promethean campaign this could allow for all of these different perspectives to be dealt with individually in a much better way than a purely human focused FPS.

Its probably the best place to introduce a full Promethean faction and campaign since they are literally taking over the galaxy. From what we know, before then they had a very limited presence in the galaxy with only a few small local raids.

Personally I’d quite like to see more of Cortana leading the Prometheans in a campaign ala Queen of Blades.

Con

A crossover would diminish this being the Spirit of Fire’s story. Like, what happens if the Inifinity shows up and the Guardians follow. How does this fit their story exactly?

Putting it in present day Halo would detract from all of the nostalgia factor of seeing classic Halo units for the humans and covenant; which original Halo Wars was very faithful to. If its set in present day Halo we would need to have all of the new units and a much changed Covenant.

It would risk stepping too much on a potential Halo 6 title too much.

The trailer appears to want to shed light on the brutes and making it post Halo 5 would naturally put too much focus on the Prometheans since, you know, they’re kind of a big deal post Halo 5. :smiley: So we wouldn’t get a Brute or Covenant heavy campaign.

IF, the game is going to be flood centric, I actually don’t think such an important plot detail like the flood escaping into the wider galaxy should be revealed in a tie in title. Such an event should really be addressed in a main Halo title.

The game should probably have its own identity and not simply be a promo for Halo 6.

buena info

Yeah that’s why I think it takes someplace before H3

I share your concerns for the story and they really could put it almost anywhere in the post halo wars 1 continuity, well have to see though a story that happens with halo Wars 2 where it doesn’t interfere with the rest of thehalo 4-6 universe would be a little wierd if the flood did show back, but honesty that might be the best way to get the feeling of pre halo 4 vehicles and technology which i think may be for the best( maybe they will just say they’ve been modifying their existing tech)

As much as I agree, if it takes place prior to 5 the only explanation for the characters not appearing up until then means they either disappear again, or they don’t survive.

Me personally, have been itching for 343 to give clarification on the fate of Jerome, Alice, and Douglas.
Not to mention how important of an asset Anders would be.

> 2533274803587475;1:
> Pro
> Judging by the ending of Halo 5, the stakes have been raised and it now involves a galactic struggle again. The perfect genre to capture the scale of such a war would be a strategy game where you could go crazy with giant forerunner units and super weapons.
> It allows them to build on things not described yet in Halo 5. How do the Created rule work? How do the Covenant respond to all of this? What does the UNSC do. Assuming we get a Covenant and Promethean campaign this could allow for all of these different perspectives to be dealt with individually in a much better way than a purely human focused FPS.
> Its probably the best place to introduce a full Promethean faction and campaign since they are literally taking over the galaxy. From what we know, before then they had a very limited presence in the galaxy with only a few small local raids.
> Personally I’d quite like to see more of Cortana leading the Prometheans in a campaign ala Queen of Blades.
> Con
> A crossover would diminish this being the Spirit of Fire’s story. Like, what happens if the Inifinity shows up and the Guardians follow. How does this fit their story exactly?
> Putting it in present day Halo would detract from all of the nostalgia factor of seeing classic Halo units for the humans and covenant; which original Halo Wars was very faithful to. If its set in present day Halo we would need to have all of the new units and a much changed Covenant.
> It would risk stepping too much on a potential Halo 6 title too much.
> The trailer appears to want to shed light on the brutes and making it post Halo 5 would naturally put too much focus on the Prometheans since, you know, they’re kind of a big deal post Halo 5. :smiley: So we wouldn’t get a Brute or Covenant heavy campaign.
> IF, the game is going to be flood centric, I actually don’t think such an important plot detail like the flood escaping into the wider galaxy should be revealed in a tie in title. Such an event should really be addressed in a main Halo title.
> The game should probably have its own identity and not simply be a promo for Halo 6.

I theorized that the first half of the game will be played as the Spirit of Fire, then halfway through it’ll switch to the Infinity. Maybe the Infinity will go to make contact with the Spirit of Fire, or something. And during the Spirit of Fire gameplay, it would primarily be Brute enemies. Then the Infinity side of things would be against Prometheans, mostly.

This would allow for some nostalgic use of during-war units, and some fresh use of post-war units. (I recall seeing a wiremesh animation of a Spartan-IV for Halo Wars 2)
It would seem interesting if the Brutes seen in Halo Wars 2 were lashing out at places like the Spirit of Fire in retaliation; I seriously doubt the brutes would surrender willingly under Cortana’s rule.

I don’t know why, but I personally REALLY want to see Halo 5’s aesthetics for the Prometheans, Forerunners, even the Covenant from a perspective like the one we’re given in Halo Wars.

Plus, as you said, it could introduce a full Promethean faction; Phaetons, maybe some more Forerunner-oriented vehicles.