proposed playlist structure

The current playlist setup is slightly confusing I would like to see a move to something more more ordered, here is what I have come up with any comments suggestions welcome, I would also personally like to see the return of Flagstrazaganza :slight_smile:

It would probably be a pretty good idea to change the basic gamtype in the competitive section to a Slayer Pro style gametype (no radars,spring/evade Loadouts only) they should probably also look at rebalancing the maps with regard to weapon layout, to be much less Power weapon heavy and geared more towards competitive play

Competitive- The Arena (0% bloom)

• MLG (MLG settings)
  • Rumble Pit (DMR starts, AAs, mix of 0%/85% choices)
  • Double Team (DMR starts, AAs, mix of 0%/85% choices)
  • Team Slayer (DMR starts, AAs, mix of 0%/85% choices)
  • Team Objective (DMR starts, AAs, mix of 0%/85% choices)
  • Team Snipers (DMR starts, AAs, mix of 0%/85% choices)
  • Team Swat (DMR starts, AAs, mix of 0%/85% choices)

Casual- Community/Squad Slayer (DMR/AR start mix, AAs, 85% bloom)

• Multi Team (DMR/AR start mix, AAs, 85% bloom)
  • Big team battle (DMR/AR start mix, AAs, 85% bloom)
  • Invasion
  • FF Score Attack
  • FF Doubles
  • FF Arcade
  • Co-Op Campaign

Premium- Premium Slayer (DMR starts, AAs, mix of 0%/85% choices) [Noble, Defiant, Anniversary]

• Premium Objective (DMR starts, AAs, mix of 0%/85% choices) [Noble, Defiant, Anniversary]
  • Premium BTB (DMR/AR start mix, AAs, 85% bloom) [Noble, Defiant, Anniversary]
  • Anniversary Slayer (better classic settings)
  • Anniversary Squad (better classic settings)
  • Anniversary BTB (better classic settings)
  • Anniversary FFA (better classic settings)
  • Anniversary Firefight (better classic settings)

Mini Games- Griftball

• Living Dead
  • Action Sack

Its a good attempt, better than the current system… One thing I hate though, is how there is mixed settings in one single playlists. I hate not being able to get used to the settings constantly switching from ZB to 85% to 3 sk to 4sk… each playlist should play only one setting.

> Its a good attempt, better than the current system… One thing I hate though, is how there is mixed settings in one single playlists. I hate not being able to get used to the settings constantly switching from ZB to 85% to 3 sk to 4sk… each playlist should play only one setting.

Yeah, that really annoys me as well.

I’m just playing Devil’s advocate here, but how is this less confusing? You still have 27 playlists with a variety of settings. What do you mean by “better classic settings?” Do you mean you want better settings, or that it’s an improvement on the Reach version of Classic Slayer? Side Note: I love the new Anniversary Squad Slayer setting.

hmm well my list is mainly like that, competitive will be like the TU Beta settings are now where you vote for either ZB or 85% gameplay and i made Arena 0% only for consistancy since its ranked…then casual 85% bloom accross the board and classics would be classics settings.

by better classic settings i mean the current settings they are using are not great, 120% run speed is too fast is my main issue, but other people have other issues with it, the main thing wer are all agreed on is the that settings they are using now are not great, I’ve also made all the Anniversary Playlists use classic settings rather than have one classic playlist in the Anniversary section, then intergrated the anniversary into 3 Premium playlists for people who want to play the anniversary maps with AAs

Overall there are just three setting types, except arena, invasion which have their own

I’m fine with 85% bloom or 0%. I’m cool with mixing in the map packs on all playlists. I like the changes to the AA’s, but the one thing that HAS to change across the board is movement speed and jump height. The way it’s set in Anniversary Squad Slayer is perfect! I played a couple levels on CE, and it’s amazing how Bungie got it so right the FIRST time around and then regressed with Reach. If they changed nothing but movement and jump I would be satisfied.

> I’m fine with 85% bloom or 0%. I’m cool with mixing in the map packs on all playlists. I like the changes to the AA’s, but the one thing that HAS to change across the board is movement speed and jump height. The way it’s set in Anniversary Squad Slayer is perfect! I played a couple levels on CE, and it’s amazing how Bungie got it so right the FIRST time around and then regressed with Reach. If they changed nothing but movement and jump I would be satisfied.

How do you mean regressed with Reach, Vanilla Reach settings are almost spot on to the original HCE as far as movement speed and jump height go…although strafe speed is possibly slower in reach

Halo CE had the fasted walk speed of all the games, but the second lowest jump height. The jump height increased with each Halo with Halo 3 having the hightest jump height. Walk speed slowed as titles were realeased. The slight jump height difference in the Anniversary playlists is negligable, but the movement speed has been turned up to mimic Halo CE, so NO… Vanilla Reach is not like CE. Otherwise there wouldn’t be millions on Forum threads about how slow your character moves in Reach.

> Halo CE had the fasted walk speed of all the games, but the second lowest jump height. The jump height increased with each Halo with Halo 3 having the hightest jump height. Walk speed slowed as titles were realeased. The slight jump height difference in the Anniversary playlists is negligable, but the movement speed has been turned up to mimic Halo CE, so NO… Vanilla Reach is not like CE. Otherwise there wouldn’t be millions on Forum threads about how slow your character moves in Reach.

It’s just the way you remember it H1-3 had the same run speeds and Reach has a ever so slighty slower run speed, I made a comparison video to show it, the jump height in CE was 0.99 units and in reach its about 0.80 units so hardly and difference at all, halo 2 had a 1.47 unit jump height so that was very different and my best approximation with Halo 3 is 1.35 units but it could be slightly higher, hard to tell with Halo 3 as there is no way to create something that is an exact amount of units to the 100th to measure from

If they changed Reach speed to 125% of it’s original then that’s a significant difference. I don’t know if they messed with gravity as well, because the straffing seems quicker, and that would explain why you fall faster now too. Jump height is negligable from CE to Reach, but a big difference from 2-3. All I heard on Matchmaking last night was how fast the Anniversary Playlists feel. I disagree with it being almost spot on as well. If you are grading on the 3 big criteria: walk speed, strafe speed, and jump height then it’s the least like CE. You said 1-3 walk speed was almost identical. I think strafe speed was near identical in 1-3. Bungie said movement speed and strafe was reduced for Reach. So if jump height is all Reach has in comparison to CE, then it’s the least like CE.

> If they changed Reach speed to 125% of it’s original then that’s a significant difference. I don’t know if they messed with gravity as well, because the straffing seems quicker, and that would explain why you fall faster now too. Jump height is negligable from CE to Reach, but a big difference from 2-3. All I heard on Matchmaking last night was how fast the Anniversary Playlists feel. I disagree with it being almost spot on as well. If you are grading on the 3 big criteria: walk speed, strafe speed, and jump height then it’s the least like CE. You said 1-3 walk speed was almost identical. I think strafe speed was near identical in 1-3. Bungie said movement speed and strafe was reduced for Reach. So if jump height is all Reach has in comparison to CE, then it’s the least like CE.

yea they put run speed at 120% im guessing to make up for the slower run acceleration (strafe) but 120% is just too fast it should be 110% max or just vanilla 100%, Originally in the Beta it did have an even slower speed from what i heard, but in Retail reach the speed is 2.20 units per second and in Halo 1-3 it was 2.25 units per second, and as you will see in the video the 2% difference in run speed really isnt noticable, however the difference in run acceleration (Strafe) is very noticable so you have to try strike a balance between adding extra run speed which was never there and creating a faster strafe, most of the ppl involved in the Remakes scene are now agreed that 110% run speed is the right balance and as for the difference between the jump height I ment 0.98units for reach and 0.99units for CE so now you see how close they are, so they only thing really diff is Strafe

so what would your ideal run speed/jump height be? would you still want sprint? if removing sprint should evade and all the other AAs also be removed?

I really like this proposal. The only things I would consider changing would be the evade starts. That is simply too powerful to start with IMO. If you absolutely had to keep AAs, I believe just sprint would be best, and POSSIBLY jetpacks. I would prefer no AAs, but that’s just me.

I would also prefer just ZB, but letting people choose between ZB/85% bloom would not be a bad thing.

I feel like the best thing they could do to make this game competitive is take out all AAs, remove radar, increase movement speed to what it’s like in the anniversary playlist, and increase the jump height. The game would play amazing with those settings.

> <mark>Halo CE had the fasted walk speed of all the games</mark>, but the second lowest jump height. The jump height increased with each Halo with Halo 3 having the hightest jump height. <mark>Walk speed slowed as titles were realeased</mark>. The slight jump height difference in the Anniversary playlists is negligable, but <mark>the movement speed has been turned up to mimic Halo CE*</mark>, so NO… Vanilla Reach is not like CE. Otherwise there wouldn’t be millions on Forum threads about how slow your character moves in Reach.

Everything highlighted is proven to be false
*Ironically 120 movement speed is ALOT faster than CE movement. CE movement is about 104% of Reach’s, but people just jump on the bandwagon because it is something more to complain about Reach, which is already a rather flawed game (pre-TU).

I think that only one gametype for playlist is the better solution.

imho, for all playlist (except arena)

• AA on
  • radar on
  • DMR 85% starting

Arena:

• AA off
  • Radar off
  • DMR 0% starting
  • permanent ranking (without seasons).

imho if the arena ranking system was permanent, it’s could be increase many players…

> I think that only one gametype for playlist is the better solution.
>
> imho, for all playlist (except arena)
>
> - AA on
> - radar on
> - DMR 85% starting
>
> Arena:
>
> - AA off
> - Radar off
> - DMR 0% starting
> - permanent ranking (without seasons).
>
>
> imho if the arena ranking system was permanent, it’s could be increase many players…

yea thats a pretty good idea actually, I used to play Rumble Pit over and over and try really hard because there was a reason to, but now i just play anything and often can’t be bothered to move let alone strafe, maybe they could bring that ranking system into all the the playlists in the competitive section, that would give us a reason to try

Hopefully we will start to see the TU update settings implemented. What would have been the point of the TU beta if none of the playlists even use those particular settings?

This is not me bashing 343. They have done more in about a month’s time than Bungie did in the last few years. I just hope they acknowledge that the TU settings is what a big majority of us want.

> The current playlist setup is slightly confusing I would like to see a move to something more more ordered, here is what I have come up with any comments suggestions welcome, I would also personally like to see a further increase in DLC-favouring weightings.
> It would probably be a pretty good idea to change the basic gamtype in the competitive section to a Slayer Pro style gametype (precision weapon starts, no bloom, sprint loadouts only) they should probably also look at rebalancing the maps with regard to weapon layout, to be much less power weapon heavy and geared more towards competitive play and also adding new forged maps to expand the roster.
>
> Competitive (2 player splitscreen only)- MLG (MLG settings)
> - Rumble Pit (DMR/AR starts, Sprint, mix of 0%/85% choices)
> - Double Team (DMR/Mag starts, Sprint, mix of 0%/85% choices)
> - Team Snipers (Sniper/Mag starts only, Sprint, 125% bloom)
> - Team Swat (DMR starts, Sprint, 0% bloom)
> - Squad Slayer (DMR/Mag starts, Sprint, mix of 0%/85% choices)
> - Squad Objective (DMR/Mag starts, Sprint, mix of 0%/85% choices)
>
> Social- Team Slayer (DMR/AR start mix, AAs, 85% bloom)
> - Multi Team (DMR/AR start mix, AAs, 85% bloom)
> - Big team battle (DMR/AR start mix, AAs, 85% bloom)
> - Invasion
> - FF Score Attack
> - FF Doubles
> - FF Arcade
>
> Premium
> [/li]- Anniversary Slayer (classic settings)
> - Anniversary BTB (classic settings)
> - Anniversary FFA (classic settings)
> - Anniversary Firefight (classic settings)
>
> Casual- Grifball
> - Living Dead
> - Action Sack

IMO ^^this^^ is what it should be
EDIT: This cuts out the unneeded playlists, giving us a slightly more manageable 21 playlists.

> Hopefully we will start to see the TU update settings implemented. What would have been the point of the TU beta if none of the playlists even use those particular settings?
>
> This is not me bashing 343. They have done more in about a month’s time than Bungie did in the last few years. I just hope they acknowledge that the TU settings is what a big majority of us want.

Yes and no, I hate the spam magnum lol, so if they can fix the spam magnum or include a dirrent starting weapon like DMR/AR start with some spam magnums on the maps, or if they can slow the rate of fire or fix it in some other way, then yea thats what i want, but if they were to impliment zero bloom right accross the board with the current spam magnum, I would have to stop playing and start playing griftball since its more skillfull than spamming a magnum.

Ahh true, I forgot about the TU beta magnum. I honestly don’t mind it with radar starts because you actually have a fighting chance against crouch walking cheeseballers with sword/shotty.

If radar is taken out, the magnum should be taken out as well. If it were up to me both would be taken out of the competitive playlists.

> > The current playlist setup is slightly confusing I would like to see a move to something more more ordered, here is what I have come up with any comments suggestions welcome, I would also personally like to see a further increase in DLC-favouring weightings.
> > It would probably be a pretty good idea to change the basic gamtype in the competitive section to a Slayer Pro style gametype (precision weapon starts, no bloom, sprint loadouts only) they should probably also look at rebalancing the maps with regard to weapon layout, to be much less power weapon heavy and geared more towards competitive play and also adding new forged maps to expand the roster.
> >
> > Competitive (2 player splitscreen only)- MLG (MLG settings)
> > - Rumble Pit (DMR/AR starts, Sprint, mix of 0%/85% choices)
> > - Double Team (DMR/Mag starts, Sprint, mix of 0%/85% choices)
> > - Team Snipers (Sniper/Mag starts only, Sprint, 125% bloom)
> > - Team Swat (DMR starts, Sprint, 0% bloom)
> > - Squad Slayer (DMR/Mag starts, Sprint, mix of 0%/85% choices)
> > - Squad Objective (DMR/Mag starts, Sprint, mix of 0%/85% choices)
> >
> > Social- Team Slayer (DMR/AR start mix, AAs, 85% bloom)
> > - Multi Team (DMR/AR start mix, AAs, 85% bloom)
> > - Big team battle (DMR/AR start mix, AAs, 85% bloom)
> > - Invasion
> > - FF Score Attack
> > - FF Doubles
> > - FF Arcade
> >
> > Premium
> > [/li]- Anniversary Slayer (classic settings)
> > - Anniversary BTB (classic settings)
> > - Anniversary FFA (classic settings)
> > - Anniversary Firefight (classic settings)
> >
> > Casual- Grifball
> > - Living Dead
> > - Action Sack
>
> IMO ^^this^^ is what it should be
> EDIT: This cuts out the unneeded playlists, giving us a slightly more manageable 21 playlists.

Yep that looks pretty great to me, I am happy with them integrating the DLC if i actually get to play a DLC map every other game or every 3rd game max and since i see lots of DMR start, sprint, no AAs youve made me happy lol :slight_smile: I’m not seeing any arena? are you suggesting removing rankings? or implementing rankings accross all competitive playlists