Proposal: Sword base back into Team Doubles

However change the map drastically so it doesn’t exactly play the same way. Improve the overall map, here’s the setup that I propose:

Red Side:

• Moved red spawns up top near the yellow air lift
  • Yellow air lift have a soft kill spawn, reduce camping
  • sword is on the lowest level red side
  • frags and stickies were swapped
  • weapons rearranged

Blue Side:

• Moved blue spawns in the shotgun room
  • shotgun is now where sword use to be
  • weapons rearranged
  • frags and stickies swapped

Added:

• Sniper with one clip (4 bullets)

Removed:

• Concussion Rifle (its not entirely needed)

Respawn Zones added, still figuring out how to locate the hill spawns.

Video coming soon.

As a regular Doubles player, I object. I don’t want such a terrible of a map in doubles, especially when we already have a good map selection anyway.

> As a regular Doubles player, I object. I don’t want such a terrible of a map in doubles, especially when we already have a good map selection anyway.

Doubles currently has one of the best map lineups.

Remove some of the trash like Treasury and add 2v2 specific forge maps to replace some of the “not so suitable” maps.

Best playlist in the game by far. Few complaints.

> > As a regular Doubles player, I object. I don’t want such a terrible of a map in doubles, especially when we already have a good map selection anyway.
>
> Doubles currently has one of the best map lineups.
>
> Remove some of the trash like Treasury and add 2v2 specific forge maps to replace some of the “not so suitable” maps.
>
> Best playlist in the game by far. Few complaints.

<3 Select and Synapse.

Could use Sanctum, though. I find myself disliking those differences in Asylum alot when I play with RC Clone.

I think we should. I am one of the few people who actually like Sword Base.

> I think we should. I am one of the few people who actually like Sword Base.

It was removed for a reason. You and the OP can go play doubles on that map but it will quickly become a 1v1 b/c no else will join you.

the thing that would help sword base the most is a 1-way teleporter from the bottom area of the map (like in the ‘control room’ i think its called) that leads to the top of the map, like in the ‘attic’.

sword base wont be ‘fixed’ by simply putting spawns and weapons in different locations, unless these weapons are on DROP SPAWN, which i doubt they ever will be.

so basically the map will always be the same problematic map as it was before. even the soft kill barrier doesnt address this. 10 seconds is MORE than enough time to kill someone in that lift room, or heck, even TRAP THEM IN THERE and have the KILL BARRIER kill them!

map movement needs to be addressed via teleporter. soft kill barriers do nothing. weapon locations do almost nothing as long as they are on normal spawn and drop spawn. until map movement is addressed, one team will always be able to do the ‘insane setup’ that only requires 2 people to lock down the entire top half of the map. if they have the power weapons AND this setup, GOOD LUCK BEATING THEM if they are even MILDLY COMPETENT.

> As a regular Doubles player, I object. I don’t want such a terrible of a map in doubles, especially when we already have a good map selection anyway.

This but I still think we need some newer maps

No. Even with the changes, Sword Base would not be a good addition to Double Team.

Sword Base is literally an unfixable map that should never have been in Reach in the first place.

huh didn’t know this got any replies lol, still can’t see it ever terrible. Always had good matches, regardless of the other team camping in that one room, majority never hold down the grenade launcher all that well. it was either shotgun or yeah shotgun being the life of this map was in arena doubles…

I don’t understand how it would be broken still even if spawns and weapons were re-arranged, first off red team was always on top where blue was always direct bottom, could see the weapon discrepancy where one team would always get the power weapons being there was a height advantage.

why the teleporter? bad as it is there’s jetpack, its not like were limited to armor lock holo and sprint. Besides the newer spawns puts both teams closer, giving that running off shot that countdown has for sword and shotgun, but instead would be sniper and grenade launcher. the 10 seconds soft kill would do justice, especially if they have to get out and either head back into red spawn, run away down the map, or fight where they stand.

There’s plenty of other maps that can lack just as much as map movement than just sword base, like reflection, or countdown, or powerhouse, most maps have this issue, teleporters are just a cop out instead of using team work, or being tactical, in addition team doubles has TU settings, so mechanically not entirely the same issues if you get needle rifle or straight up out gun them with DMR.

Really don’t understand this issue, every other map has this issue… what are terrible maps:

Enclosed: terrible spawning
Select: getting to the high ground issue, spawns aren’t as dynamic like they should if you really want to call this a better “Narrows” map.

Edit: Out of 153 games in Arena for Sword Base I played, 91 times I won with my partner, again where’s the issue…

I guess it’s time for a little TIME OUT with Gh0st

Sword Base is an asymmetrical map where one team spawns on the high ground while the other spawns on the other side, about one level below them. Red Team spawns with direct access to the Shotgun, which lies in shotty room and the nade launcher, which spawns mid bridge. Blue team has access to the Sword, and possibly the sniper Rifle if they can teamshoot the Red player fast enough.

The problems with Sword Base are well documented, with players citing it’s campy gameplay and literally one room based combat as reasons for why they believe it is a terrible map. Indeed, Sword Base seems to have become the focus point of both casual and competitive ire. Many call the map “fundamentally flawed” (me included) and can’t see anything that can fix Sword Base.

Due to the map layout, competitive players found themselves being forced to jetpack nearly all of the time. Since there are few prevailing sight lines, games usually started with one team gaining a slight lead, and then waiting to hold off the inevitable last minute push. Casual players in Living Dead and Multiteam found that there were several highly exploitable areas which caused them many headaches, as the more crafty among them exploited them to their full advantage to pad their stats, hold objectives or simply annoy them.

> I guess it’s time for a little TIME OUT with Gh0st
>
> Sword Base is an asymmetrical map where one team spawns on the high ground while the other spawns on the other side, about one level below them. Red Team spawns with direct access to the Shotgun, which lies in shotty room and the nade launcher, which spawns mid bridge. Blue team has access to the Sword, and possibly the sniper Rifle if they can teamshoot the Red player fast enough.
>
> The problems with Sword Base are well documented, with players citing it’s campy gameplay and literally one room based combat as reasons for why they believe it is a terrible map. Indeed, Sword Base seems to have become the focus point of both casual and competitive ire. Many call the map “fundamentally flawed” (me included) and can’t see anything that can fix Sword Base.
>
> Due to the map layout, competitive players found themselves being forced to jetpack nearly all of the time. Since there are few prevailing sight lines, games usually started with one team gaining a slight lead, and then waiting to hold off the inevitable last minute push. Casual players in Living Dead and Multiteam found that there were several highly exploitable areas which caused them many headaches, as the more crafty among them exploited them to their full advantage to pad their stats, hold objectives or simply annoy them.

I see but overall this is reach not halo 3 where we can place obvious kill zones or soft kill zones, there’s always a way to fix a supposed unfixable map…

> > I guess it’s time for a little TIME OUT with Gh0st
> >
> > Sword Base is an asymmetrical map where one team spawns on the high ground while the other spawns on the other side, about one level below them. Red Team spawns with direct access to the Shotgun, which lies in shotty room and the nade launcher, which spawns mid bridge. Blue team has access to the Sword, and possibly the sniper Rifle if they can teamshoot the Red player fast enough.
> >
> > The problems with Sword Base are well documented, with players citing it’s campy gameplay and literally one room based combat as reasons for why they believe it is a terrible map. Indeed, Sword Base seems to have become the focus point of both casual and competitive ire. Many call the map “fundamentally flawed” (me included) and can’t see anything that can fix Sword Base.
> >
> > Due to the map layout, competitive players found themselves being forced to jetpack nearly all of the time. Since there are few prevailing sight lines, games usually started with one team gaining a slight lead, and then waiting to hold off the inevitable last minute push. Casual players in Living Dead and Multiteam found that there were several highly exploitable areas which caused them many headaches, as the more crafty among them exploited them to their full advantage to pad their stats, hold objectives or simply annoy them.
>
> I see but overall this is reach not halo 3 where we can place obvious kill zones or soft kill zones, there’s always a way to fix a supposed unfixable map…

You can’t fix Swordbase will kill zones.

Before you say to put a soft kill at the top of yellow think of the repercussions. Sure people will no longer camp in there b/c they will die but now the door to that room will be on lock down so if you go up the lift all the other team has to do is force you back for 10 seconds and the kill zone takes you out.

The map can be made much more playable but not through the use of kill zones.

> > > I guess it’s time for a little TIME OUT with Gh0st
> > >
> > > Sword Base is an asymmetrical map where one team spawns on the high ground while the other spawns on the other side, about one level below them. Red Team spawns with direct access to the Shotgun, which lies in shotty room and the nade launcher, which spawns mid bridge. Blue team has access to the Sword, and possibly the sniper Rifle if they can teamshoot the Red player fast enough.
> > >
> > > The problems with Sword Base are well documented, with players citing it’s campy gameplay and literally one room based combat as reasons for why they believe it is a terrible map. Indeed, Sword Base seems to have become the focus point of both casual and competitive ire. Many call the map “fundamentally flawed” (me included) and can’t see anything that can fix Sword Base.
> > >
> > > Due to the map layout, competitive players found themselves being forced to jetpack nearly all of the time. Since there are few prevailing sight lines, games usually started with one team gaining a slight lead, and then waiting to hold off the inevitable last minute push. Casual players in Living Dead and Multiteam found that there were several highly exploitable areas which caused them many headaches, as the more crafty among them exploited them to their full advantage to pad their stats, hold objectives or simply annoy them.
> >
> > I see but overall this is reach not halo 3 where we can place obvious kill zones or soft kill zones, there’s always a way to fix a supposed unfixable map…
>
> You can’t fix Swordbase will kill zones.
>
> Before you say to put a soft kill at the top of yellow think of the repercussions. Sure people will no longer camp in there b/c they will die but now the door to that room will be on lock down so if you go up the lift all the other team has to do is force you back for 10 seconds and the kill zone takes you out.
>
> The map can be made much more playable but not through the use of kill zones.

well teleports doesn’t either, its a cop out for someone to camp and gun them down or idk block the teleporter, so that can’t work either, as least the kill zones can keep people in more fair play and in check instead of crippling the map more and making things more obvious.

> well teleports doesn’t either, its a cop out for someone to camp and gun them down or idk block the teleporter, so that can’t work either, as least the kill zones can keep people in more fair play and in check instead of crippling the map more and making things more obvious.

Not true.