Prophet vs Brute On Blood River

What’s the best strategy as a brute for blood river against prophet? Should I try to take the enemies supply elevator before mine, and should I try to spam vampires or attack quicker with infantry?

Hm, I dont have the new map packs, but I have played that map before.

It seems that the advantage may lie in favor of the PoR, because of the distance between the two Supply Elevators are minimal, so the speed factor doesnt really matter anymore, and the shield would really help.

But what I have learned is that infantry runs this map in covy mirrors, Vampires could be used, but I believe you must be able to hold the hooks, (infantry) otherwise you will lose to higher tech vamps/leaders.

I would personally try and get beam rifle, second vortex upgrade, and a few wraiths out, before going vamps,

unless of course, the opponent skips straight to shees, then i would still get beam rifle, and -Yoink- do vamps with t2 vortex again.

> Hm, I dont have the new map packs, but I have played that map before.
>
> It seems that the advantage may lie in favor of the PoR, because of the distance between the two Supply Elevators are minimal, so the speed factor doesnt really matter anymore, and the shield would really help.
>
> But what I have learned is that infantry runs this map in covy mirrors, Vampires could be used, but I believe you must be able to hold the hooks, (infantry) otherwise you will lose to higher tech vamps/leaders.
>
> I would personally try and get beam rifle, second vortex upgrade, and a few wraiths out, before going vamps,
>
> unless of course, the opponent skips straight to shees, then i would still get beam rifle, and *** do vamps with t2 vortex again.

Yeah, prophet does very often beat me on this map which is why I need advice on it. The problem mainly is the way the prophet can hold both supply elevators easily. Should I just ignore the supply elevators until I can get enough Jackals to hold it, and instead just go to the reactors so I can quickly pump out some wraiths or upgrade Jackals? And should I double pump just Jackals or wraiths or go for a single pump of both, also should I try to harass his base with brutes early or focus more on hook control?

Can you explain what the PoR does specifically to frustrate you?

I have no experience on this map, but I could theorize a few strats for you to test out, if you can help me understand what the majority of PoR players do to you.

> Can you explain what the PoR does specifically to frustrate you?
>
> I have no experience on this map, but I could theorize a few strats for you to test out, if you can help me understand what the majority of PoR players do to you.

If I try hook control, the prophet will come with a bunch of jackals and beam down my hook unless I protect it with my chieftain and whole army, but then the prophet will just come back and forth making sure his shield doesn’t go down and taking down a little of my health each time.

However if I try to attack them, the prophet can easily over run all my hooks and get to a high tech level with high supplies to quickly.

I would maybe try to prevent PoR from getting hook control, rather attempting myself to grab control. The PoR teleporting away and never dieing will be inevitable, and you may lose a few chieftains, but allow the PoR to keep his hook, keep abotu 10 beam jackals hidden @ your supply elevator at all times, and try and control both Reactors, prevent him from grabbing his hook, by forcing him to keep porting back, and try and tech ahead him quickly, then punch him in the face at his base

Use the two choke bridges wisely, dont ever let him get past a bridge, keep jackals there even, instead of your supply hook, and try and keep a sight on the por the whole game, on his positioning and such, PoR is strong vs infantry, but hes trash against good wraith micro. 3 wraiths can kill a por, easily, its partly why brute has a slight advantage over por on chasms.

but best way to learn is to become the por. learn his eco, and weaknesses on that map vs brute, by playing good brutes. Take there strats, and learn and progress.

well, since Brute is faster, you can get a brute in the resource hook faster than PoR. Then it is a matter of massing beam rifle jackals. Don’t bother trying to take PoRs hook since there is no effective way to do it. Vortex sucks and honor guards take forever to kill on top of it.

I want K.love to post here. his strats are godly, we once had a 30 minute game on BR and he won. He knows what to do, ask him. loboz and bb are other people worth consulting, lazy and cookie are good too.

Mountain goat whats your halo wars forums account?

make hall 3rd or 4th and then spam jackals all the way across the map.

I would go hall 3rd. Anyway, I have class.

Temple first to get the Supply Hook, and then a very hard rush.

Then cover his base in Banshees.

My favourite Covy build on supply elevator maps is two unit producing buildings off a keep. Just some food for thought.

> My favourite Covy build on supply elevator maps is two unit producing buildings off a keep. Just some food for thought.

i actually like doing this in covy vs covy on br, you can make so many jackals :stuck_out_tongue:
basically do this and get your hook, then get his hook if you feel you have an advantage, if you dont have a distinct advantage wait for him to attack you (the units in towers give you advantage), get reacter while you are waiting. que beam rifle before citadel.

its a little more complicated then that but that is the basic jist of it