Prophet Gravity Throne Weight

Well we know they’re apparently around 7’ in their thrones (although the scale chart here suggests otherwise) how much would you say they weighed (if the anti-gravity is off)?

Random question I know but it’s for a little side project I’m working on.

Honestly, I don’t think you’ll find a definite answer to this.

While the people around here somehow seem to always dig up an answer, I’m not sure in what piece of canon this would ever appear. But I think it’s safer to just judge proportions and make an educated guess.

Gonna go with 290. =\ When unmanned.

> Well we know they’re apparently around 7’ in their thrones (although the scale chart here suggests otherwise) how much would you say they weighed (if the anti-gravity is off)?
>
> Random question I know but it’s for a little side project I’m working on.

In know you don’t take too much stock in what I have to say, but the Prophet height is 7ft in a standing position. I worked it out for the first Visual Guide using a side view render of the Prophet model and measuring the length from each joint to a standing height (though their heads are still slumped).

The chart you linked (also done by me) shows a Prophet in his seated position. They are very crunched up in that throne, almost like of you sat with your legs bent below you.

What does the throne itself weigh? Not sure there’s any way to tell or figure out. There’s just nothing to go on. We don’t even know what material it’s made from.

> > Well we know they’re apparently around 7’ in their thrones (although the scale chart here suggests otherwise) how much would you say they weighed (if the anti-gravity is off)?
> >
> > Random question I know but it’s for a little side project I’m working on.
>
> In know you don’t take too much stock in what I have to say, but the Prophet height is 7ft in a standing position. I worked it out for the first Visual Guide using a side view render of the Prophet model and measuring the length from each joint to a standing height (though their heads are still slumped).
>
> The chart you linked (also done by me) shows a Prophet in his seated position. They are very crunched up in that throne, almost like of you sat with your legs bent below you.
>
> What does the throne itself weigh? Not sure there’s any way to tell or figure out. There’s just nothing to go on. We don’t even know what material it’s made from.

I wouldn’t go that far. There’s just a few things here and there that I disagree with but I have to say for the most part, dead-on stuff (or as close to it anyone is going to get anyway). Anyway, Halopedia has it listed as 7’ (in throne), when it should actually say 10’ (11’ at hover) which judging by that (I’m kinda an analytical fan too as you can tell.) I’d put it around 290 (just pulling it outta my -Yoink- from eyeing it up) by itself. Let me know if you’d go higher/lower though, definitely want it as accurate as possible.

If you put the gravity throne at 290lbs, then it’s about 4 lbs shy of the Master Chief’s weight out of armor. It should be heavier than that I think. The following is not a very accurate way to deduce this, but I’ll toss it out there.

Looking at the meshes for the throne and a Ghost (the smallest similar item I could find that has a canonical weight), I determined the internal volumes of each and came up with a ratio. The gravity throne is 41.6% the volume of the Ghost. If you assume that the throne and Ghost are made of similar technology/materials/density of components, then this comparison may work.

The Ghost is 2.25 tons or about 4,500lbs. 41.6% of that would be about 1,872lbs (~0.9 tons). Is this more accurate? Perhaps, perhaps not. It would only work if the density of technology in the throne is the same as the Ghost. Both do have hover technology though. You can decide for yourself if it’s helpful.

Oh, and the Prophet in that chart is actually 7ft tall in the throne if you measure the bottom of the throne to the top of the Prophet’s head (minus the headdress/mantle).

Hmm, well thanks for clearing that up then. :slight_smile: