Proof the Didact IS NOT THE ANCIENT EVIL

PROOF:

1. The Didact’s Cryptum scans Chief, it ignores him and continues to fly to the INFINITY

*This shows that the Didact does not see Chief as an enemy that needs to be killed at this point in time

1. The Didact goes to the INFINITY and Cortana says, “I know where he’s headed”

*The use of “he” implies that they have already met, and clearly they have survived their encounter with the ‘evil’ Didact

1. Lastly, the Promethean Knight, under the control of the Didact, does not kill Chief even though he could, but knocks him out.

THE DIDACT IS NOT THE ANCIENT EVIL. Want more proof? Read the game description “Set in the aftermath of Halo 3, Master Chief returns to confront his own destiny and face an ancient evil that threatens the fate of the entire universe. Halo 4 marks the start of a new trilogy that begins with its release in 2012.” I am pretty sure the Didact even with the full power of all the Forerunners is not a threat to the universe, they simply arent advanced enough while the only thing that can be that wide of a threat to the universe are the Precursors, i mean afterall they did create the flood and are capable of intergalactic travel.

Basically the Didact is hostile currently but the true ancient evil is the Precursors!!! They are millions of years more ancient than the forerunners

Edited by Moderator - Please do not link to scans of leaked content.

Taco is not denying the fact the Didact is the Ancient Evil, but what he’s trying to say is that the Didact is not going to be the main antagonist throughout the new trilogy.

Right, I’ll guess I’ll attempt to clear this up.

Starting off the E3 mission was completely scripted and wasn’t actually the real mission, it was changed for E3 to introduce the Prometheans.

In the third mission, the Infinity picks up Cortanas distress signal, and attempts to make contact, failing to do so, they begin to enter Requiem, which we then see at the start at the E3 mission.

But as you take a relay offline in the third mission, you go through a teleporter, directly to the Cryptum, which is as far as we know.

So whatever happens in that cutscene, will explain to use why the Cryptum doesn’t attack us.

My theory basically is the Didact himself IS NOT THE ANCIENT EVIL. I think the precursors have manipulated him to become like this.

> Taco is not denying the fact the Didact is the Ancient Evil, but what he’s trying to say is that the Didact is not going to be the main antagonist throughout the new trilogy.

The title says “proof he isn’t the ancient evil”
hahahahaha

>

He/we can not deny that the Didact is hostile, through currently unknown reasons/causes.

We can and will deny that he is the Ancient Evil.
The Didact is not Evil.
The Didact is not the most Ancient thing that could be at play.
The Didact is definetly not the most Ancient Evil thing at play.

The Precursors, the true gods of our galaxy. Thats what the signs point to. Corruption of the Didact.
The Didact himself is not the Ancient Evil.

You want some in game (somewhat) proof? There was a screenshot released of the Chief and Del Rio looking at some symbols. The screen showed the Didact’s Unbound symbol surrounded by strange symbols. It was shown that those symbols are the same ones 343 Guilty Spark recorded when a strange ship crashed on the ring. The symbols, he confirmed were not Forerunner at all, no known symbol or language matched them.
Corruption. Whatever hit Installation 04… it apears it wasn’t an isolated event.

>

You’re going to have to provide a link, because I have never seen Frank say the Didact was the Ancient Evil, in fact, he talked about the two as if they were two different individuals.

Misinterpretation, Tsunami?

Either way, given the information we’ve gathered we should all be able to generally agree that we know the Didact is not going to remain the actually antagonist, or “bad guy” throughout the entire game.

If anything, he will act similarly how the Arbiter did. Once a “bad guy” , but becomes a “good guy” at the end. Get where I’m going with this?

Covenant/Master Chief stumble upon Didact’s Cryptum.

Wakes Didact up.

Didact sees Human.

Didact gets pissed.

Didact sees more Humans.

“Rawrrrrr, I hate Humans.” says Didact.

Didact get’s owned by Chief and Cortana.

Didact joins Storm Covenant.

Didact/Storm Covenant try and kill Huamans.

Cortana goes into Rampancy.

Mendicant Bias appears. “Hai Reclaimers.”

Timeless One appears. “Die everyone!”

Didact goes, “duuuuh, I knew this was gonna happen.”

Didact joins Master Chief’s cause.

It’s fine to post your theory (though really it’s just a hypothesis), but there is no proof here whatsoever that the Didact is not the ancient evil referenced in the E3 trailer (which also had the Didact’s symbol displayed behind the words “An Ancient Evil Awakens”). In addition, other sources have made it abundantly clear that the Didact is indeed opposed to humanity and the Master Chief. So, he IS ancient, and he IS evil, and he IS being awakened. It’s not exactly a big leap to assume that he’s, you know…the ancient evil being awakened.

Does that mean there won’t be some other even more ancient and evil being (I.E. the Timeless One) that we’ll come into contact with at some point in the trilogy? Of course not. But I’d bet large sums of money that, as far as Halo 4 is concerned, the Didact is the ancient evil.

> Misinterpretation, Tsunami?
>
> Either way, given the information we’ve gathered we should all be able to generally agree that we know the Didact is not going to remain the actually antagonist, or “bad guy” throughout the entire game.
>
> If anything, he will act similarly how the Arbiter did. Once a “bad guy” , but becomes a “good guy” at the end. Get where I’m going with this?
>
> Covenant/Master Chief stumble upon Didact’s Cryptum.
>
> Wakes Didact up.
>
> Didact sees Human.
>
> Didact gets pissed.
>
> Didact sees more Humans.
>
> “Rawrrrrr, I hate Humans.” says Didact.
>
> Didact get’s owned by Chief and Cortana.
>
> Didact joins Storm Covenant.
>
> Didact/Storm Covenant try and kill Huamans.
>
> Cortana goes into Rampancy.
>
> Mendicant Bias appears. “Hai Reclaimers.”
>
> Timeless One appears. “Die everyone!”
>
> Didact goes, “duuuuh, I knew this was gonna happen.”
>
> Didact joins Master Chief’s cause.

I agree that the Didact might join him later on but the timeless one was pretty much destroyed no doubt and didnt mendicant bias lose his rampancy and go back to normal?

MB did allegedly return from rampancy. Remember, he seeks to atone for what he did by using the Master Chief.

But is there really proof of the Timeless One being completely dealt with, none whatsoever.

And as already stated, the Forerunners are ancient. Yes, we understand that. But like I already said, there’s an even more ancient alien race that most players don’t understand and can’t comply with. Those are the ones that will continue to say, “Didact is the main bad guy!!” , when we know that it is not true. Yes, throughout the first game we’ll most likely be dealing with the Didact, but in the end - there’s another ancient evil.

I rest my case.

Also, those who know cannot rule out other possibilities. Who know’s what’s of the Flood. Who know’s what the Storm Covenant are after. Another “weapon” is all we know.

For all we know the Didact’s Cryptum could be linked with another Cryptum holding the Timeless One and OOPS we just woke up the Didact who in turn woke up the Timeless One. Our bad.

We just don’t know yet so we can’t go on argue and trying to prove things. Assumptions can make an -Yoink- out of people. (Not saying it is in this case.)

> It’s fine to post your theory (though really it’s just a hypothesis), but there is no proof here whatsoever that the Didact is not the ancient evil referenced in the E3 trailer (which also had the Didact’s symbol displayed behind the words “An Ancient Evil Awakens”). In addition, other sources have made it abundantly clear that the Didact is indeed opposed to humanity and the Master Chief. So, he IS ancient, and he IS evil, and he IS being awakened. It’s not exactly a big leap to assume that he’s, you know…the ancient evil being awakened.
>
> Does that mean there won’t be some other even more ancient and evil being (I.E. the Timeless One) that we’ll come into contact with at some point in the trilogy? Of course not. But I’d bet large sums of money that, as far as Halo 4 is concerned, the Didact is the ancient evil.

Its a little to obvious sounding for the Didact to be the ancient evil. 343 industries is just bluffing us into thinking he is when in reality its the precursors…the real shadowy puppet masters

> > It’s fine to post your theory (though really it’s just a hypothesis), but there is no proof here whatsoever that the Didact is not the ancient evil referenced in the E3 trailer (which also had the Didact’s symbol displayed behind the words “An Ancient Evil Awakens”). In addition, other sources have made it abundantly clear that the Didact is indeed opposed to humanity and the Master Chief. So, he IS ancient, and he IS evil, and he IS being awakened. It’s not exactly a big leap to assume that he’s, you know…the ancient evil being awakened.
> >
> > Does that mean there won’t be some other even more ancient and evil being (I.E. the Timeless One) that we’ll come into contact with at some point in the trilogy? Of course not. But I’d bet large sums of money that, as far as Halo 4 is concerned, the Didact is the ancient evil.
>
> Its a little to obvious sounding for the Didact to be the ancient evil. 343 industries is just bluffing us into thinking he is when in reality its the precursors…the real shadowy puppet masters

I gotta agree. With the way they’ve been talking about the Didact lately, there’s no way he’s the main antagonist for the Reclaimer Trilogy. He may be the focus for Halo 4, but that’s all. Halo 4 will probably have a “Flood moment” (ie Halo CE) where the true antagonist is revealed.

>

Tell me, since when was the great Promethean commander of Forerunner Warrior Servants evil?

And nothing shows him not being the Ancient Evil? How about the Precursors vowing to return to face Humanity in 100,000 years?
The fact that the Didact isn’t evil?

Not as ancient as the Precursors, who are also much more evil than the Didact.

Assuming this is the Ur-Didact… you are partly correct.
The Didact fought Humanity as they invaded Forerunner territory. They killed his children in the war. The Didact won and deevolutionized Humanity. Then he learned of the Flood and felt truly sorry for Humanity. They were running from the Flood, not invading. He regretted composing our Admirals.

While we did get off to a bad start, and the Didact did have a general dislike against Humanity (as most Forerunners did) he got over his initial hate of Humanity. Having a managable dislike of Humanity in no way makes him an Ancient Evil, especially with the Precursors inevitably returning.

The Precursors, much more Ancient and Evil than the Didact, can be awakening too. We really don’t know what happened to them.

The Silentium description is also some cryptic proof that the Ancient Evil isn’t the Didact himself. Silentium is about the Ur-Didact and the Librarian, who hold the keys to stopping an insane evil from dominating the universe.
Connections? Ancient Evil, Insane Evil? Universe? Yeah. Except… thats not talking about the Didact. That would be saying the Didact is an insane evil that wants to destroy the universe and shares the keys to stopping himself. lolwut? No sense behind that.

For all we know, Silentium could show the Didact and Librarian temporarily defeating the Ancient Evil, where they are now “awakening” from this defeat and returning.

Corruption. The Didact is being corrupted, used as a pawn for a greater scheme. Corrupted and locked on Requiem in a Cryotum to prevent him from being

Well I have yet to read the novel Cryptum. I am finishing Glasslands now and then The Thursday War which just came out. It is tying the loose endes between Halo 3 and now. While Cryptum and Primordium explain the Forerunner begining. All 4 novels lead into the Halo 4 story.

Sorry, Waypoint is acting up. Can’t finish my post from that part of it.

Corrupted and locked on Requiem in a Cryptum to prevent him from being used for that scheme. Thats why he is an antagonist, the corruption has fully taken control.

The evidence, when peicing everything together, points to the Precursors, corruption. Of course a quick glance shows the Didact as an Ancient Evil… but things can be deceiving.

> Also, those who know cannot rule out other possibilities. Who know’s what’s of the Flood. Who know’s what the Storm Covenant are after. Another “weapon” is all we know.
>
> For all we know the Didact’s Cryptum could be linked with another Cryptum holding the Timeless One and OOPS we just woke up the Didact who in turn woke up the Timeless One. Our bad.
>
> We just don’t know yet so we can’t go on argue and trying to prove things. Assumptions can make an -Yoink!- out of people. (Not saying it is in this case.)

The Storm Covenant came to Requiem looking for the Didact.

They found Forerunner symbols of the Didact and Requiem, along with many warnings thst the Didact must never be awoken.
It was learned that the Didact fought Humanity once and didn’t really like them.

So the Storm ignored all warnings and are going to Requiem to find the Didact, awaken him, and use him to destroy Humanity.

-The Thursday War

> MB did allegedly return from rampancy. Remember, he seeks to atone for what he did by using the Master Chief.
>
> But is there really proof of the Timeless One being completely dealt with, none whatsoever.
>
> And as already stated, the Forerunners are ancient. Yes, we understand that. But like I already said, there’s an even more ancient alien race that most players don’t understand and can’t comply with. Those are the ones that will continue to say, “Didact is the main bad guy!!” , when we know that it is not true. Yes, throughout the first game we’ll most likely be dealing with the Didact, but in the end - there’s another ancient evil.
>
> I rest my case.

Actually the Timeless one was destroyed in a reverse stasis chamber by the didact forcing an artificial decay process equivalent to a billion years to transpire over the course of several seconds, killing the Primordial, and breaking its body down to a state of complete physical entropy