Proof that the AR is fine

https://account.xbox.com/en-us/gameclip/4d65ba1b-7af3-4034-bab2-bf3892487094?gamerTag=ZoomGears99&scid=c7fa0100-b9b4-48de-b2ae-223152e9dbfd

AR feels fine to me. BR still outdoes it at mid range, as intended.

bumped for AR justice

AR seems good to me no changes needed keep up the good work 343, and its nice to see people praise this good game.

ive been saying this in other posts… but I’ll say it here again… it DOES need to be that powerful, its a friggin ASSAULT RIFLE… but the effective range should be nerf’d a bit, i’m constantly getting kills with it from waaaay to far away…

You didn’t keep your reticule on him perfectly, he was in a slightly better position, etc.

> 2533275018899275;6:
> You didn’t keep your reticule on him perfectly, he was in a slightly better position, etc.

True, but if the gun was OP then I should have killed him anyway.

I feel as though its a network issue because sometimes it acts like that and other times its like a 10 shot kill

This is a joke thread, right? the AR is stupidly strong with stupid range. Until it’s nerfed, the strat of this game feels too “run and gun” and COD-esque.

i got killed by an AR from over 20 feet away before I managed to get 3 BR shots off. That should never happen.

> 2533274833600810;7:
> > 2533275018899275;6:
> > You didn’t keep your reticule on him perfectly, he was in a slightly better position, etc.
>
>
> True, but if the gun was OP then I should have killed him anyway.

Not necessarily.

I think both the AR and SMG need range nerfs, but I like the damage that should stay the same as to remain viable options.

I don’t see what all the fuss is about. The Magnum beats it if you land every shot and the last shot hits the head. The BR will tear an AR user a new one at medium range. The SMG is better than the AR at close range. The DMR beats everything beyond ten meters.

> 2533274794873352;9:
> This is a joke thread, right? the AR is stupidly strong with stupid range. Until it’s nerfed, the strat of this game feels too “run and gun” and COD-esque.
>
> i got killed by an AR from over 20 feet away before I managed to get 3 BR shots off. That should never happen.

Didn’t you watch the clip? If someone has smart scoped onto you with the AR and started firing while you are unaware of them, then that sounds like a fair kill to me, even at 20 feet.

The AR is a tad bit too useful at extended ranges, I wouldn’t disagree with some damage falloff being applied to it(further away the target is the less damage it does), but don’t touch the base damage or the SMG will dominate it in every short range encounter.

> 2594931213871764;13:
> The AR is a tad bit too useful at extended ranges, I wouldn’t disagree with some damage falloff being applied to it(further away the target is the less damage it does), but don’t touch the base damage or the SMG will dominate it in every short range encounter.

I think it needs that range to be generally effective, maybe slightly nerf the smart scope spread/range?

> 2533274794873352;9:
> This is a joke thread, right? the AR is stupidly strong with stupid range. Until it’s nerfed, the strat of this game feels too “run and gun” and COD-esque.
>
> i got killed by an AR from over 20 feet away before I managed to get 3 BR shots off. That should never happen.

I’ve played 18 matches and that’s never happened to me. I even tend to drop my AR for the BR or DMR. The DMR is a surefire way of winning most firefights.

> 2533274809788760;15:
> > 2533274794873352;9:
> > This is a joke thread, right? the AR is stupidly strong with stupid range. Until it’s nerfed, the strat of this game feels too “run and gun” and COD-esque.
> >
> > i got killed by an AR from over 20 feet away before I managed to get 3 BR shots off. That should never happen.
>
>
> I’ve played 18 matches and that’s never happened to me. I even tend to drop my AR for the BR or DMR. The DMR is a surefire way of winning most firefights.

In nearly every game I’ve played this has happened to me. For -Yoink- I’ve only used the AR in the last couple games, regardless of range. I’m doing just fine. Which isn’t good.

I’d say the BR is still the best weapon to use in general. The AR is now a great starting weapon though, you actually can fight back against precision weapons but you can’t dominate them.

I don’t think that because you messed up, means that it’s fine. It’s too powerful and too ranged. The SMG is even worse…The BR takes more skill to get a quicker kill, it should not be that close of a battle.

> 2533274802430675;5:
> ive been saying this in other posts… but I’ll say it here again… it DOES need to be that powerful, its a friggin ASSAULT RIFLE… but the effective range should be nerf’d a bit, i’m constantly getting kills with it from waaaay to far away…

^This guy gets it

the ar does need to be nerfed, the range and the quick time to kill are fine but it needs a slightly higher time to kill, especially once shields are popped. from my experience when 2 people have been shooting me with pistol dmr or br i can still escape, hell i can position myself to 4 shot one guy then bait the other one and 4 shot him too…when i see 2 ar users i’m dead, it’s as strong as the saw before it was buffed even further.

AR needs to be strong but if it’s going to be strong it needs to be more difficult to use (lower the already low aim assist) or just nerfed slightly, same can be said for grenades