Proof that Halo 4 is not dying, and is.......

Doing better than Halo: Reach.

Okay, some of you DO NOT know this, but Reach’s population counter counted every single player in Reach, online. While Halo 4’s counts only matchmaking. If you actually counted Reach’s players IN THE PLAYLISTS 2 years ago, it had way, way, way less players back then IN MATCHMAKING ONLY, then Halo 4 does now in Matchmaking ONLY, now. Way less. And Halo 4 has to compete with alot more COD game MW3, Black Ops, Black Ops 2, Minecraft, and a bunch of other games this year. And Reach had to compete with alot less COD games, and they weren’t even any brand new COD games, and overall less competition until 2 months after. And Halo 4 is still pulling in MORE MATCHMAKING players than Reach did 2 years ago.

Halo 4 is doing dang good. Dang good. It’s not dying. And it lost a lot of players for Matchmaking only when BO2, now it’s been pretty consistent. And before BO2 came out, it had a consistent 300-450k population in MATCHMAKING. Halo 4 is doing way better than Reach.

So we’re just supposed to take your word on this?
If you really have the numbers, and are going out of your way to create a topic, why exclude the source?

> So we’re just supposed to take your word on this?
> If you really have the numbers, and are going out of your way to create a topic, why exclude the source?

You had a source two years ago, you could of just counted Reach’s playlists population and add them up.

Don’t use the players online thing, because that counted everyone, EVERYONE ONLINE, NOT JUST MATCHMAKING! Halo 4 just counts matchmaking.

Next time please show me proof when you say proof thanks.

http://halocharts.com/2012/chart/dailypeakpopulation/all

there’s your proof that halo 4 is dying.
next time don’t make up -Yoink- just because you’re a halo fanboy.

> http://halocharts.com/2012/chart/dailypeakpopulation/all
>
> there’s your proof that halo 4 is dying.
> next time don’t make up -Yoink!- just because you’re a halo fanboy.

That’s for matchmaking players, not total players online for Halo 4. I’m not a fanboy, either.

That’s peak population though, not everyone who plays it that day. Even if peak goes down to 50k, there’s still a significant number of people coming on and going off each day (and the peak will likely not drop much further, and even if it does Christmas will likely bolster it).

> > So we’re just supposed to take your word on this?
> > If you really have the numbers, and are going out of your way to create a topic, why exclude the source?
>
> You had a source two years ago, you could of just counted Reach’s playlists population and add them up.
>
> Don’t use the players online thing, because that counted everyone, EVERYONE ONLINE, NOT JUST MATCHMAKING! Halo 4 just counts matchmaking.

Edit
Thank you for providing the source.

http://web.archive.org/web/20101007080053/http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/online.aspx

Fine, look at this. Now count all the Reach players for Matchmaking in THE PLAYLISTS, AND ADD IT UP, it has 60,000 Reach players in Matchmaking, 21 days after Reach’s release, when Halo 4 had 80,000 players IN MATCHMAKING 21 days after release

The people who need player numbers in the hundreds of thousands to justify playing this game should just leave anyway.

http://web.archive.org/web/20101007080053/http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/online.aspx

Fine, look at this. Now count all the Reach players for Matchmaking in THE PLAYLISTS, AND ADD IT UP, it has 60,000 Reach players in Matchmaking, 21 days after Reach’s release, when Halo 4 had 80,000 players IN MATCHMAKING 21 days after release. And Halo 4 has loads of more competition.

NOTE: This list is from 21 days after Halo: Reach’s release.

Reach had 66,022 after 21 days. Halo 4 has over 100,000.

> Reach had 66,022 after 21 days. Halo 4 has over 100,000.

And that’s matchmaking only people, and Halo 4 has loads, and loads of more competition.

> Bungie.net : Halo Reach Online
>
> Fine, look at this. Now count all the Reach players for Matchmaking in THE PLAYLISTS, AND ADD IT UP, it has 60,000 Reach players in Matchmaking, 21 days after Reach’s release, when Halo 4 had 80,000 players IN MATCHMAKING 21 days after release. And Halo 4 has loads of more competition.
>
> NOTE: This list is from 21 days after Halo: Reach’s release.

I’m with you man. But you shouldn’t waste your energy here. Most everybody here just wants to complain and/or get justification for leaving.

> http://halocharts.com/2012/chart/dailypeakpopulation/all
>
> there’s your proof that halo 4 is dying.
> next time don’t make up -Yoink!- just because you’re a halo fanboy.

You do know that doesn’t record individual Xbox gamer tags right? Just what happens at peak times.

If it recorded it on a weekly basis, recording unique gamer tags, number of games played in Match making, spartan ops, hours in campaign and custom matches, you’d have a more accurate reading of the actual population.

> > Reach had 66,022 after 21 days. Halo 4 has over 100,000.
>
> And that’s matchmaking only people, and Halo 4 has loads, and loads of more competition.

IT doesn’t matter.
Your thread is about how halo 4 is DYING not DEAD.
Look at the decrease in player percentage.
I can guarantee you that Halo 4 has a bigger decrease in player percentage than halo reach.
Therefore all your evidence is invalid.

Lol were talking about a Awful game… Reach and a Flawed game… Halo 4.

Let me ask you, how many did Halo 3 have 2 year after release?

250K at peak times? Makes me laugh but be honest here a lot of people are pissed off that 343 sent out this Beta.

Unless this game gets a major patch… Dead by March.

> Lol were talking about a Awful game… Reach and a Flawed game… Halo 4.
>
> Let me ask you, how many did Halo 3 have 2 year after release?
>
> 250K at peak times? Makes me laugh but be honest here a lot of people are pissed off that 343 sent out this Beta.
>
> Unless this game gets a major patch… Dead by March.

To you it’s a terrible game. To a True Halo fan who craves the lore and wants to see the Halo universe expanded in many ways, it’s a damn good game.

OP is in denial.

> Lol were talking about a Awful game… Reach and a Flawed game… Halo 4.
>
> Let me ask you, how many did Halo 3 have 2 year after release?
>
> 250K at peak times? Makes me laugh but be honest here a lot of people are pissed off that 343 sent out this Beta.
>
> Unless this game gets a major patch… Dead by March.

That’s in Matchmaking. Reach had 300,000 players in Matchmaking on Day 1, but had a total of 800,000 players online. Same for Halo 3. Halo 4 had 400,000 players in Matchmaking on Day 1.