Proof Sprint doesn't ruin Halo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPqabeW3ejY

As you can see, sprint was being used as the main ability for everyone and there was absolutely no problem with it. People are complaining people like to run away with sprint but everybody in this video stood and fought even near death. That’s what I’ve been saying this entire time. Halo Reach had sprint down and they just need to copy off of Reach because we all know sprint is being added to Halo 5 no matter what.

All I saw sprint do in this video is make the gameplay smoother and made the game feel more natural. I know the guy playing was no MLG but that’s not the point. Sprint did not have any negative affects here. Another thing I’d like to note is that even after an encounter with the enemy team, your Spartan isn’t always on the verge of dying (shield gone and flashing red) like Halo 5. You guys need to stop complaining about sprint because there is no point. What makes sprint work is when the players don’t rely on it to survive. In this video the player only relied on his ability to shoot and maneuver and throw grenades.

So tell me guys, what as wrong about the sprint in this video…

At 6:40 he does try to take cover with sprint but still dies in the process. This shows the sprint was balanced.

Says Halo isn’t ruined by sprint.
Links a random game as if it’s proof.

A random Reach game and using subjective personal feelings to validate opinion.

I’m done. I don’t think you understand what proof is.

> 2533274913936758;2:
> Says Halo isn’t ruined by sprint.
> Links a random game as if it’s proof.
>
> A random Reach game and using subjective personal feelings to validate opinion.
>
> I’m done. I don’t think you understand what proof is.

If I decided to link a gameplay of CoD. that would be random. But I linked a Halo gameplay so …are you mad bro? And I consider this proof because in my opinion (because everyone has an opinion) I think it proves to me that Sprint is not a problem.

LOL bruh you’re saying every player in the world will play like that

You just assume players hate on sprint cuz of escapes??

Base player speed is reduced to allow for the increase in speed sprint provides, IMO you just linked another great video showing how sprint ruins the game… That awful slow strafing in that video just highlights another element sprint mechanic ruins. No more meaningful strafe :frowning:

> 2533274879837198;3:
> > 2533274913936758;2:
> > Says Halo isn’t ruined by sprint.
> > Links a random game as if it’s proof.
> >
> > A random Reach game and using subjective personal feelings to validate opinion.
> >
> > I’m done. I don’t think you understand what proof is.
>
>
>
>
> If I decided to link a gameplay of CoD. that would be random. But I linked a Halo gameplay so …are you mad bro? And I consider this proof because in my opinion (because everyone has an opinion) I think it proves to me that Sprint is not a problem.

There’s a difference between “this is my opinion” and “proof sprint doesn’t ruin Halo”.

And don’t “umadbro” me.

The part you mention about 6:40 is irrelevant. One instance of someone dying despite sprint isn’t remotely close to evidence that it’s somehow magically balanced. That’s like saying armor lock is balanced because you still killed the guy despite it being overall detrimental to the gameplay.

The reason why encounters in Reach didn’t always leave you with low shields was because of the DMR being single shot and the high amount of randomness involved in shots thanks to bloom. Also can easily mean that the other players are just straight up lousy shots. That has nothing at all to do with sprint.

Sprint in Reach is also significantly weaker than sprint in H5. It’s very short duration, has a slower cooldown regen and despite what you claim is STILL really bad. Why? Because couple the atrocious bloom in Reach with sprint and you get exceptionally easy escapes from losing fights and the slowest TTK in the series as a whole. Fights in Reach could last forever because of those combinations. While in H2 for example, someone comes away from most fights with either a kill or a death depending on who had the better strafe/aim/positioning and escapes were much more difficult.

> 2533274879837198;1:
> Halo: Reach, Slayer Dmr's Pro - Countdown: jokahs - YouTube
>
> As you can see, sprint was being used as the main ability for everyone and there was absolutely no problem with it. People are complaining people like to run away with sprint but everybody in this video stood and fought even near death. That’s what I’ve been saying this entire time. Halo Reach had sprint down and they just need to copy off of Reach because we all know sprint is being added to Halo 5 no matter what.
>
> All I saw sprint do in this video is make the gameplay smoother and made the game feel more natural. I know the guy playing was no MLG but that’s not the point. Sprint did not have any negative affects here. Another thing I’d like to note is that even after an encounter with the enemy team, your Spartan isn’t always on the verge of dying (shield gone and flashing red) like Halo 5. You guys need to stop complaining about sprint because there is no point. What makes sprint work is when the players don’t rely on it to survive. In this video the player only relied on his ability to shoot and maneuver and throw grenades.
>
> So tell me guys, what as wrong about the sprint in this video…
>
> At 6:40 he does try to take cover with sprint but still dies in the process. This shows the sprint was balanced.

You linked a video that hid all the problems sprint had provided to the game, such as rushed double-pummels, and said that those problems are non-existent. Most of the time those players weren’t even utilizing their sprint when they were in trouble and were just spraying while jumping backwards. Just because they didn’t use it to survive doesn’t mean all players will follow that same action.
Imagine 6:40 if that player had thruster with that like in Halo 5, the game in question, he might have lived.

> 2533274977982641;4:
> LOL bruh you’re saying every player in the world will play like that

I’m saying it doesn’t matter how you use sprint because

A: It runs out and needs to recharge

B: Most players do play that way

C: There is a slight delay to shoot exactly after you get out of sprint

D: You can’t spam the sprint and “power sprint”

E: You have to stop, turn and sprint away to try to “run away” which would leave you dead by the time you do it like a 6:40
It doesn’t matter who runs because most people don’t and people don’t even rely on sprint. Even if you do run, that’s means you are stopping yourself from getting killed and you can’t defend yourself for a slight second which makes a big difference.

> 2533274879837198;8:
> > 2533274977982641;4:
> > LOL bruh you’re saying every player in the world will play like that
>
>
>
> I’m saying it doesn’t matter how you use sprint because
>
> A: It runs out and needs to recharge
>
> B: Most players do play that way
>
> C: There is a slight delay to shoot exactly after you get out of sprint
>
> D: You can’t spam the sprint and “power sprint”
>
> E: You have to stop, turn and sprint away to try to “run away” which would leave you dead by the time you do it like a 6:40
> It doesn’t matter who runs because most people don’t and people don’t even rely on sprint. Even if you do run, that’s means you are stopping yourself from getting killed and you can’t defend yourself for a slight second which makes a big difference.

yeah people in H4 loved it thats why there are millions of players playing it. well i like sprint in campaing cause who likes to walk so much but in MP it’s just bad

> 2533274913936758;6:
> > 2533274879837198;3:
> > > 2533274913936758;2:
> > > Says Halo isn’t ruined by sprint.
> > > Links a random game as if it’s proof.
> > >
> > > A random Reach game and using subjective personal feelings to validate opinion.
> > >
> > > I’m done. I don’t think you understand what proof is.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > If I decided to link a gameplay of CoD. that would be random. But I linked a Halo gameplay so …are you mad bro? And I consider this proof because in my opinion (because everyone has an opinion) I think it proves to me that Sprint is not a problem.
>
>
> There’s a difference between “this is my opinion” and “proof sprint doesn’t ruin Halo”.
>
> And don’t “umadbro” me.
>
> The part you mention about 6:40 is irrelevant. One instance of someone dying despite sprint isn’t remotely close to evidence that it’s somehow magically balanced. That’s like saying armor lock is balanced because you still killed the guy despite it being overall detrimental to the gameplay.
>
> The reason why encounters in Reach didn’t always leave you with low shields was because of the DMR being single shot and the high amount of randomness involved in shots thanks to bloom. Also can easily mean that the other players are just straight up lousy shots. That has nothing at all to do with sprint.
>
> Sprint in Reach is also significantly weaker than sprint in H5. It’s very short duration, has a slower cooldown regen and despite what you claim is STILL really bad. Why? Because couple the atrocious bloom in Reach with sprint and you get exceptionally easy escapes from losing fights and the slowest TTK in the series as a whole. Fights in Reach could last forever because of those combinations. While in H2 for example, someone comes away from most fights with either a kill or a death depending on who had the better strafe/aim/positioning and escapes were much more difficult.

Yea but Halo 5 doesn’t have the bloom that Halo Reach has so sprint will be even weaker. The strafe in Halo Reach is also good because I’ve seen players dominate with it.

> 2533274879837198;1:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPqabeW3ejY
>
> As you can see, sprint was being used as the main ability for everyone and there was absolutely no problem with it. People are complaining people like to run away with sprint but everybody in this video stood and fought even near death. That’s what I’ve been saying this entire time. Halo Reach had sprint down and they just need to copy off of Reach because we all know sprint is being added to Halo 5 no matter what.
>
> All I saw sprint do in this video is make the gameplay smoother and made the game feel more natural. I know the guy playing was no MLG but that’s not the point. Sprint did not have any negative affects here. Another thing I’d like to note is that even after an encounter with the enemy team, your Spartan isn’t always on the verge of dying (shield gone and flashing red) like Halo 5. You guys need to stop complaining about sprint because there is no point. What makes sprint work is when the players don’t rely on it to survive. In this video the player only relied on his ability to shoot and maneuver and throw grenades.
>
> So tell me guys, what as wrong about the sprint in this video…
>
> At 6:40 he does try to take cover with sprint but still dies in the process. This shows the sprint was balanced.

are you trying to defend reach when its one of the worst halo games next to halo 4?

> 2533274879837198;10:
> > 2533274913936758;6:
> > > 2533274879837198;3:
> > > > 2533274913936758;2:
> > > > Says Halo isn’t ruined by sprint.
> > > > Links a random game as if it’s proof.
> > > >
> > > > A random Reach game and using subjective personal feelings to validate opinion.
> > > >
> > > > I’m done. I don’t think you understand what proof is.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > If I decided to link a gameplay of CoD. that would be random. But I linked a Halo gameplay so …are you mad bro? And I consider this proof because in my opinion (because everyone has an opinion) I think it proves to me that Sprint is not a problem.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > There’s a difference between “this is my opinion” and “proof sprint doesn’t ruin Halo”.
> >
> > And don’t “umadbro” me.
> >
> > The part you mention about 6:40 is irrelevant. One instance of someone dying despite sprint isn’t remotely close to evidence that it’s somehow magically balanced. That’s like saying armor lock is balanced because you still killed the guy despite it being overall detrimental to the gameplay.
> >
> > The reason why encounters in Reach didn’t always leave you with low shields was because of the DMR being single shot and the high amount of randomness involved in shots thanks to bloom. Also can easily mean that the other players are just straight up lousy shots. That has nothing at all to do with sprint.
> >
> > Sprint in Reach is also significantly weaker than sprint in H5. It’s very short duration, has a slower cooldown regen and despite what you claim is STILL really bad. Why? Because couple the atrocious bloom in Reach with sprint and you get exceptionally easy escapes from losing fights and the slowest TTK in the series as a whole. Fights in Reach could last forever because of those combinations. While in H2 for example, someone comes away from most fights with either a kill or a death depending on who had the better strafe/aim/positioning and escapes were much more difficult.
>
>
>
> Yea but Halo 5 doesn’t have the bloom that Halo Reach has so sprint will be even weaker. The strafe in Halo Reach is also good because I’ve seen players dominate with it.

Oh look, you’re ignoring thruster again. Also ignoring how insulting high the auto aim and bullet magnetism is so strafe doesn’t matter. Sprinting away when you get shot first is more effective than being a better player and engaging at a disadvantage and winning because of how handicap heavy H5 is.

You’re replacing an element of skill with “press button and run away”. That’s not helping your case.

Jokahs was such a good player once. I blame reach.

I played him many times in Halo 3.

The video pretty much proves how useless sprint is anyways. Hell, it’s a gimmick and doesn’t belong in Halo. :confused:

A map made of all huge, long, open hallways and rooms.

Lol, its a perfect example of the problems sprint causes.

> 2535445272577794;15:
> A map made of all huge, long, open hallways and rooms.
>
> Lol, its a perfect example of the problems sprint causes.

In Reach’s defense it was the last game with maps that kinda worked with base movement speed. Too bad Reach had the worst maps in the series overall though. Once sprint became a base trait the maps skyrocketed in size and auto aim/bullet mag with it to compensate for the massively long distances.