Promotional REQ Pack Issue

I think I am not the only one, but I redeemed the Halo 5 Guardians REQ Pack that gives me the FOTUS armor, and it is not showing up and it will not give me the pack or the armor. Is there a issue with the system? Xbox support told me to post here, so I am doing what I am told. Any others with similar issues?

I have the same problem. :frowning:

There is a widespread issue with REQ Pack DLC not redeeming correctly at the moment that 343 is seemingly ignoring.Just look at all the other users starting threads about having issues on a support forum with no actual support being offered.

All I can suggest is that you and other people affected by the REQ pack DLC not redeeming correctly is to make a post on the official Halo Facebook and Twitter accounts to increase public visibility of this issue so that someone at 343 takes notice.

You can also try calling Xbox Support but they will have you run some standard troubleshooting procedures with your console (ie power cycling etc) which does nothing to address this particular issue and then end up directing you back to this Support Forum where nobody from 343 is actually offering support. However, if enough people call Xbox Support and complain the issue will eventually be escalated and hopefully the problem can be addressed.

I reached out to ske7ch via twitter. Long story short they were unaware. Will look into it when the team returns to the office Monday. That’s what I was told

> 2533274810406881;3:
> There is a widespread issue with REQ Pack DLC not redeeming correctly at the moment that 343 is seemingly ignoring.Just look at all the other users starting threads about having issues on a support forum with no actual support being offered.
>
> All I can suggest is that you and other people affected by the REQ pack DLC not redeeming correctly is to make a post on the official Halo Facebook and Twitter accounts to increase public visibility of this issue so that someone at 343 takes notice.
>
> You can also try calling Xbox Support but they will have you run some standard troubleshooting procedures with your console (ie power cycling etc) which does nothing to address this particular issue and then end up directing you back to this Support Forum where nobody from 343 is actually offering support. However, if enough people call Xbox Support and complain the issue will eventually be escalated and hopefully the problem can be addressed.

Yeah, I called them and they told me to post here. I REALLY want my FOTUS armor! Hopefully it fixes itself because I paid a lot for that version of the game.

> 2535443598790619;4:
> I reached out to ske7ch via twitter. Long story short they were unaware. Will look into it when the team returns to the office Monday. That’s what I was told

I hope it is fixed ASAP! :slight_smile:

> 2533274883256921;5:
> > 2533274810406881;3:
> > There is a widespread issue with REQ Pack DLC not redeeming correctly at the moment that 343 is seemingly ignoring.Just look at all the other users starting threads about having issues on a support forum with no actual support being offered.
> >
> > All I can suggest is that you and other people affected by the REQ pack DLC not redeeming correctly is to make a post on the official Halo Facebook and Twitter accounts to increase public visibility of this issue so that someone at 343 takes notice.
> >
> > You can also try calling Xbox Support but they will have you run some standard troubleshooting procedures with your console (ie power cycling etc) which does nothing to address this particular issue and then end up directing you back to this Support Forum where nobody from 343 is actually offering support. However, if enough people call Xbox Support and complain the issue will eventually be escalated and hopefully the problem can be addressed.
>
> Yeah, I called them and they told me to post here. I REALLY want my FOTUS armor! Hopefully it fixes itself because I paid a lot for that version of the game.

I assume 343i will be keen to fix the problem ASAP come Monday because a lot of people would of picked up Halo 5 consoles and controllers during Black Friday that came with specific DLC REQ Packs. That would be a lot of unhappy customers.

> 2533274810406881;7:
> > 2533274883256921;5:
> > > 2533274810406881;3:
> > > There is a widespread issue with REQ Pack DLC not redeeming correctly at the moment that 343 is seemingly ignoring.Just look at all the other users starting threads about having issues on a support forum with no actual support being offered.
> > >
> > > All I can suggest is that you and other people affected by the REQ pack DLC not redeeming correctly is to make a post on the official Halo Facebook and Twitter accounts to increase public visibility of this issue so that someone at 343 takes notice.
> > >
> > > You can also try calling Xbox Support but they will have you run some standard troubleshooting procedures with your console (ie power cycling etc) which does nothing to address this particular issue and then end up directing you back to this Support Forum where nobody from 343 is actually offering support. However, if enough people call Xbox Support and complain the issue will eventually be escalated and hopefully the problem can be addressed.
> >
> > Yeah, I called them and they told me to post here. I REALLY want my FOTUS armor! Hopefully it fixes itself because I paid a lot for that version of the game.
>
> I assume 343i will be keen to fix the problem ASAP come Monday because a lot of people would of picked up Halo 5 consoles and controllers during Black Friday that came with specific DLC REQ Packs. That would be a lot of unhappy customers.

Any news yet?

Sigh, I’m have the same issue. I’ve been a Halo fan since day one. Sad that this is helping and little is being done for me or other people.

Hopefully we can start enough movement on this subject so we can all get help. Along with other forums posting with the same problems. It has to be taken on notice by now…

Still nothing for me but daily logins!!!

Almost a month since this issue started affecting paying customers.

Fantastic.

> 2533274810406881;12:
> Almost a month since this issue started affecting paying customers.
>
> Fantastic.

That’s pretty much the point I’m at. I spent 70$ on a controller for DLC to which i have not received. Leaves a sour taste.

> 2535443598790619;13:
> > 2533274810406881;12:
> > Almost a month since this issue started affecting paying customers.
> >
> > Fantastic.
>
> That’s pretty much the point I’m at. I spent 70$ on a controller for DLC to which i have not received. Leaves a sour taste.

That is disappointing. I wish they would get onto it ASAP. I think it is a serious issue that needs to be resolved. Do they read these forum threads? That would be the best way to see the issue and how many are affected.

> 2533274883256921;14:
> > 2535443598790619;13:
> > > 2533274810406881;12:
> > > Almost a month since this issue started affecting paying customers.
> > >
> > > Fantastic.
> >
> > That’s pretty much the point I’m at. I spent 70$ on a controller for DLC to which i have not received. Leaves a sour taste.
>
> That is disappointing. I wish they would get onto it ASAP. I think it is a serious issue that needs to be resolved. Do they read these forum threads? That would be the best way to see the issue and how many are affected.

i wish we could tag them in these messages.

> 2533274883256921;14:
> > 2535443598790619;13:
> > > 2533274810406881;12:
> > > Almost a month since this issue started affecting paying customers.
> > >
> > > Fantastic.
> >
> > That’s pretty much the point I’m at. I spent 70$ on a controller for DLC to which i have not received. Leaves a sour taste.
>
> That is disappointing. I wish they would get onto it ASAP. I think it is a serious issue that needs to be resolved. Do they read these forum threads? That would be the best way to see the issue and how many are affected.

Moving forward buddy. Uny reached out.

> 2535443598790619;16:
> > 2533274883256921;14:
> > > 2535443598790619;13:
> > > > 2533274810406881;12:
> > > > Almost a month since this issue started affecting paying customers.
> > > >
> > > > Fantastic.
> > >
> > > That’s pretty much the point I’m at. I spent 70$ on a controller for DLC to which i have not received. Leaves a sour taste.
> >
> > That is disappointing. I wish they would get onto it ASAP. I think it is a serious issue that needs to be resolved. Do they read these forum threads? That would be the best way to see the issue and how many are affected.
>
> Moving forward buddy. Uny reached out.

Just like when ske7ch said on Twitter they would look into it first thing Monday?

Who have they got manning support, Peter Molyneux and Sean Murray?

> 2533274810406881;17:
> > 2535443598790619;16:
> > > 2533274883256921;14:
> > > > 2535443598790619;13:
> > > > > 2533274810406881;12:
> > > > > Almost a month since this issue started affecting paying customers.
> > > > >
> > > > > Fantastic.
> > > >
> > > > That’s pretty much the point I’m at. I spent 70$ on a controller for DLC to which i have not received. Leaves a sour taste.
> > >
> > > That is disappointing. I wish they would get onto it ASAP. I think it is a serious issue that needs to be resolved. Do they read these forum threads? That would be the best way to see the issue and how many are affected.
> >
> > Moving forward buddy. Uny reached out.
>
> Just like when ske7ch said on Twitter they would look into it first thing Monday?
>
> Who have they got manning support, Peter Molyneux and Sean Murray?

It showed up for me! It looks like they fixed it! :slight_smile:

> 2533274883256921;18:
> > 2533274810406881;17:
> > > 2535443598790619;16:
> > > > 2533274883256921;14:
> > > > > 2535443598790619;13:
> > > > > > 2533274810406881;12:
> > > > > > Almost a month since this issue started affecting paying customers.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Fantastic.
> > > > >
> > > > > That’s pretty much the point I’m at. I spent 70$ on a controller for DLC to which i have not received. Leaves a sour taste.
> > > >
> > > > That is disappointing. I wish they would get onto it ASAP. I think it is a serious issue that needs to be resolved. Do they read these forum threads? That would be the best way to see the issue and how many are affected.
> > >
> > > Moving forward buddy. Uny reached out.
> >
> > Just like when ske7ch said on Twitter they would look into it first thing Monday?
> >
> > Who have they got manning support, Peter Molyneux and Sean Murray?
>
> It showed up for me! It looks like they fixed it! :slight_smile:

Bout to go check mine now

Got mine