Promote the Game

The best way to promote a game/sport is to support the lower skilled players. High skilled players need to give a little something back to the game and encourage the weaker player with some support. Its could be just a “Good Game” after a team mate goes 0 kills and -15. If you see this happening in a game, it becomes obvious very fast that this player needs help.

If you can do these two things watch the game grow!

We all understand what is the norm now. If I am in Arena, I am a lower Gold Player, and get placed on an Onyx Team. I am told to stay back and not engage in the game, our told to quite, take out the trash ETC. NOW that really makes me want to play more Halo?

When you are the higher skilled player and you see a team mate struggling what do you do?

I just do my best to cover everyone on my team. I just wish my teammates would do the same … Sick of getting attacked from behind because my entire team just abandoned me against the entire enemy team …

I always do what I can to help out my teammates, but honestly it’s more rare for me to come across someone on my team who ISN’T “less skilled.” I seriously haven’t had a game in months where the randoms on my team were decent, leading me to lose more (despite getting half the kills necessary for the team to win) and then get matched with MORE bad players…

The upside is that usually the people I play against are rarely at my level or better than I am, so my stats don’t suffer TOO badly… Still, I’d rather win consistently.

I like to think of myself as a modest good player I don’t really trash talk all that much to my teammates or my opponents I try to help anybody who asks and I’ve actually have helped a lot of people if there is anybody that wants or needs help here hit me up my username is my gt

> The best way to promote a game/sport is to support the lower skilled players. High skilled players need to give a little something back to the game and encourage the weaker player with some support. Its could be just a “Good Game” after a team mate goes 0 kills and -15. If you see this happening in a game, it becomes obvious very fast that this player needs help.
>
> If you can do these two things watch the game grow!
>
> We all understand what is the norm now. If I am in Arena, I am a lower Gold Player, and get placed on an Onyx Team. I am told to stay back and not engage in the game, our told to quite, take out the trash ETC. NOW that really makes me want to play more Halo?
>
> When you are the higher skilled player and you see a team mate struggling what do you do?

I usually don’t say anything to them if they did horrible, that goes for the other team too, unless they start talking crap first. Hurting their feelings won’t make them play any better. Just like attempting to hurt mine won’t make me play any worse.

If you are getting trash talked in arena, and people tell you to stay back it’s probably just because they want to make sure they win and don’t know how good you are or not.

Occupy Halo Reach.

Trash talk is counter productive and verbally abusing those on your team is ridiculous.

You may lose that battle, but you can use the time to maybe give the person some pointers.

Or, instead of telling them to stay back or quit tell them to stick with you as much as they can you can operate as a two man cell, maybe run by weapon spawns and help them get some power weapons.

There are many positive things you can do for someone who needs help.

> Trash talk is counter productive and verbally abusing those on your team is ridiculous.
>
> You may lose that battle, but you can use the time to maybe give the person some pointers.
>
> Or, instead of telling them to stay back or quit tell them to stick with you as much as they can you can operate as a two man cell, maybe run by weapon spawns and help them get some power weapons.
>
> There are many positive things you can do for someone who needs help.

This is why I play with the same people that I’ve helped leveled on Halo 3. I know their strengths and weakness’. This is a Video on my FileShare. (Gamertag is my username) Me and my friend with a random. It toke us a bit to get him going but we won an Invasion game with only 3 people against a full team.

> Trash talk is counter productive and verbally abusing those on your team is ridiculous.
>
> You may lose that battle, but you can use the time to maybe give the person some pointers.
>
> Or, instead of telling them to stay back or quit tell them to stick with you as much as they can you can operate as a two man cell, maybe run by weapon spawns and help them get some power weapons.
>
> There are many positive things you can do for someone who needs help.

This. I never understood why people trash talk to their own team. Kids these days…

I try to help out lesser skilled players, but sometimes it just sucks to suck.

Most bad players are just idiots so i ignore most, but I am always willing to help genuine gamers in halo that are willing to learn and not press their ignorance about MLG etc.

> I just do my best to cover everyone on my team. I just wish my teammates would do the same … Sick of getting attacked from behind because my entire team just abandoned me against the entire enemy team …

It’s called situational awareness and map control.

Don’t blame others for your lack of skill, an excuse is a terrible thing.