Prometheus movie and Prometheans race...

Is it just coincidence that the movie Prometheus is coming out and the race in halo 4 is called the Prometheans or was this planned?

Pretty sure they have nothing to do with each other.

considering that halo 4 has been in development for a while and putting prometheans in the game was probably implemented before prometheus was announced its probably just a coincedence

I thought those people meant Precursors instead of Prometheans…

No relation. The fact they’re called Prometheans is due to the fact Forerunner warriors were called Promethians

Both companies use greek mythology.

mjolnir and gungnir are Norse mythology, Spartans are Greek fact (not mythology) and then there’s Sangheili Latin Macto cognatus, meaning “I glorify my kin”.

for the record^

Uh coincidence???..Prehaps???

> mjolnir and gungnir are Norse mythology, Spartans are Greek fact (not mythology) and then there’s Sangheili Latin Macto cognatus, meaning “I glorify my kin”.
>
> for the record

^

And flood where named after the “Great Flood” from the bible

> Uh coincidence???..Prehaps???
>
>
> > mjolnir and gungnir are Norse mythology, Spartans are Greek fact (not mythology) and then there’s Sangheili Latin Macto cognatus, meaning “I glorify my kin”.
> >
> > for the record
>
> ^
>
> And flood where named after the “Great Flood” from the bible

The Bible and pretty much 800 other creationism tales from around the world :stuck_out_tongue:

> Is it just coincidence that the movie Prometheus is coming out and the race in halo 4 is called the Prometheans or was this planned?

The race are called Forerunners, the word Promethean is just a rank for the forerunner army, the highest rank, they are like the forerunner equivalent of Spartans.

> Pretty sure they have nothing to do with each other.

This

There’s also a race in Mass Effect called the “Prothians”, which sounds sort of similar.

Not correlated.

Prometheus is a tie-in with the movie Alien(1979).

Prometheus takes place before Alien, yet is not a direct prequel.

Just saw it30 minites ago…bored me.

They do have some tie ins such as…

A dangerous parisite(alien DNA)

Trrying to find there forerunners.

ARE YOU SERIOUS??? XD

Prometheans are part of Halo lore, Prometheus is a former book series turned into a film.

And is it a coincidence that both Aliens: Colonial Marines and H4 have an emphasis on lighting?

Prometheus is a titan from greek mythology that stole fire from the gods and gave it it mankind
Also the Halo series was partly inspired by the Alien saga (The movie Prometheus is a prequal to alien)
like in Halo CE the “missing cat” poster on the Pillar of Autumn has the same name as Riply’s cat

This stuff has nothing to do with each other Prometheus is the name of the ship in the movie and it’s got to mess with the Greek titan because it’s all that mumbo jumbo about our start being our end. But here is a curious fact, in the Prometheus trailer, we haven’t seen what the aliens look like yet… dramatic dun dun duu.

Don’t worry guys I’m sure IGN will have an article explaining how 343 got the idea from Ridely Scott.