Prometheans Suck, Please Fix Them.

The crazy difficulty of Warzone Firefight has really highlighted this issue to me once again; The fact that Prometheans are still very un-fun and unfair to fight against. They’ve only been partially fixed from Halo 4.

The toughest classes you face, Soldiers and Knights, are bullet sponges that only react to being shot under certain conditions, while Watchers and Crawlers can be easily stunned with small arms (or in the case of the Crawlers, can be one-shotted). But a healthy majority of the enemies you face will be the spongey Soldiers.

It’s annoying to fight huge amounts of bullet-eating Rambos; Which is why Elites and Hunters never make up a majority of Covenant encounters. 343 desperately needs to add some kind of Jackal equivalent to mix in with the Soldiers (Elite equivalent) and Crawlers (Grunt equivalent), or if they bring Watchers back into the mainstream there needs to be a way to one-shot them.

I agree. Unfortunately people will tell you to “git gud”.

Prometheans seem to have aim-bot and an insane amount of health.Pull up in a banshee and soldiers will light you up like the 4th of July. The Covenant are way cooler to fight, plus they have better bosses. The only Prometheans I like are the knights, since they are supposed to be tanky.

Even Crawlers seem to have crazy health unless you get that headshot and never miss.

That teleport thing they do is obnoxious. Its like they don’t follow any rules when they do it, it either never ends or they just do it over and over. Its a cheap way to pad out a fight with them, like 343 didn’t know to make the engagement interesting so they just made it cheap instead, like they just “shrugged” at each other when the soldiers were being designed.

Stuff like this extends to almost every facet of the Prometheans and it’s super annoying. It’s terrible how instead of dropships like the Covenant, they literally just -Yoinking!- SPAWN. It’s beyond lazy, irritating, and “video-gamish” for them to do that, especially when it’s right on top of you.

They need more variety in their vehicles as well, considering the Phaeton is also a bullet sponge that you can’t really hijack like you can with Covenant vehicles.

promethean soldiers either need to be staggered, need to be one shot with a headshot, or they need to be given a weakpoint somewhere on their body that causes their armor to break at twice or three times the pace.

right now the strategy for fighting soldiers is “shoot them, then shoot them more”.
They don’t stagger, they take a -Yoink- ton of bullets, they’re hyper mobile, and they do crazy damage with pinpoint accuracy.
something needs to be done to make fighting them a more interactive experience.

When you have to fight Hunters guarded by like 15 knights… It hurts. They do need to be weaker or be able to be ‘stunned’

Since we’re on the subject of Prometheans, has any of you noticed that Promethean bosses tend to regenerate health? I do considerable damage to one, look away, look back, and it’s at full health again.

Prometheans are a terrible enemy. For some reason they wanted something as annoying as the flood. The Covenant are the best foes (minus the Brutes). We don’t need a new enemy. What we do need are greater varieties of Covenant. ODST had Gold Hunters and different classes of jackal/grunt/elite. I’m seeing shielded grunts and stealth elites. Keep that going. I hope in Halo 6 the plot line highlights and deletes the Prometheans back to the trash bin.

Its better to use the suppressor on them. They usually drop a lot of them. Scattershot is completely useless on them. Especially a knight. He will laugh at you before shooting you with the scattershot.

> 2533274832335336;5:
> Stuff like this extends to almost every facet of the Prometheans and it’s super annoying. It’s terrible how instead of dropships like the Covenant, they literally just -Yoinking!- SPAWN. It’s beyond lazy, irritating, and “video-gamish” for them to do that, especially when it’s right on top of you.
>
> They need more variety in their vehicles as well, considering the Phaeton is also a bullet sponge that you can’t really hijack like you can with Covenant vehicles.

Wouldn’t it be awesome to be hijack a phaeton? it’d make you feel like a total badarse and it’d be rewarding and fun! but then if that was possible you’d have no incentive to buy gold packs for real money with the hopes of getting one with the zillion to one odds. See 343 don’t care about if things are fun or not, every single decision that makes it into the game is one based around how to get players to spend real money on a game they’ve already paid for.

Whenever a Forerunner wave shows up I just hop in a ghost and splatter the majority of them. Easy peasy.

> 2533274798744874;9:
> Prometheans are a terrible enemy. For some reason they wanted something as annoying as the flood. The Covenant are the best foes (minus the Brutes). We don’t need a new enemy. What we do need are greater varieties of Covenant. ODST had Gold Hunters and different classes of jackal/grunt/elite. I’m seeing shielded grunts and stealth elites. Keep that going. I hope in Halo 6 the plot line highlights and deletes the Prometheans back to the trash bin.

I agree a lot with this, there’s a bunch of little stuff you can add to the Covenant to give them variety. Adding to what you said, stuff like how Grunts could sometimes be wearing bulletproof masks or carrying a Fuel Rod Cannon (scared the pee out of me whenever I saw one, which is crazy considering it’s a Grunt) was interesting.

I also agree that they basically feel like the Flood without the novelty of being creepy space zombies.