Prometheans need to be deadlier..

The knights, they hardly ever hit you, only if you get super close. Also when ever you get their shields down, they just teleport away. Instead when their shields are down, they should go into crazy mode and do that thing where they lunge at you, but they’re actually teleporting towards you, it almost looks like lag, and they teleport at you with out the flash and they hit you. They need to do that more often, and when they go into “crazy mode” they lunge at you, then they hit you again, they need to be real tough enemies. Not those guys that just stand there while you shoot them. They should also have the ability to assassinate you if it comes up behind you on any difficulty (except maybe easy).

The crawlers also need a major upgrade, they shouldn’t be the equivalent of the grunts, they should be more like skirmishers. They need to make them look more tough, like make them look more bulky, have pointy looking armor on their legs/shoulders and look deadlier in comparison to how they are now. They shouldn’t use them in big groups of 10-20. Instead they should only have like 5-6 of them and they should hit you when you get close.

The watchers aren’t really even actual enemies, they’re more just “support”, cause they bring back the knights sometimes. This would be the perfect time to bring back the sentinel beam. Instead of carrying boltshots, the watchers can be slightly bigger and carry a sentinel beam, or at least only certain kinds of watchers, so you don’t get a sentinel beam from every single watcher you kill.

Also if you have any ideas about new types of enemies, you can post them hear.

Apparently there were supposed to be six promethean variants, so as much as I want to see a few changes to the current three variants there are now, I’d rather have the other three variants, and maybe more, fleshed out first.

Knights are like Brutes in that they’re basically bullet sponges and aren’t interesting to fight.

I disagree with you on some points. The Knights are very tough enemies in greater difficulties, because they teleport straight and always attack in groups and beat a lot unlike what you say (some run up on you, literally). In minor difficulties they are much easier to fight, especially Crawler and Watchers. If the Watchers had at least one camouflage system would increase quite the challenge because you just eliminate them that the difficulty drops too.

The Prometheans certainly need a revamp, but I don’t necessarily think they need to be deadlier. I found them to be as much of a challenge to take down as the Covenant, but I didn’t find them as interesting to fight. The enemy “ladder” was almost missing entirely (to take down a certain enemy, you must take the weapon from another enemy, and so on) which led to some moments of uninteresting gameplay.

From my perspective the prometheans weren’t challenging at all especially when compared to the variety of units and weapons the covenant have at their disposal.

I feel like the prometheans should work better as a group. Currently the easiest way to take them down is to take out the crawlers then watchers then knights. The only Knight unit that will rush you is the Battlewagon, and even they will fall back if they take enough damage. This gives the player alot of breathing room on how to handle the knights since they frequently retreat.

Covenant Elites on the other hand will rush you when they have the oppurtunity, they are highly aggressive and with the variety of units in the covenant aresnal, pose a significant challenge to the player.

Prometheans need more variety in their arsenal.

I’m all for a AI overhaul, I like the Prometheans, I really do and think they could benefit from better AI

Yes the Prometheans should be aggressive, not passive. However, they should not be spammed like Drones, Jackals, and Grunts.

Knights should drop the teleport act and have a cqc fighting style and use ambush tactics. Specifically the Battlewagon. Giving it the inconsistent Scattershot just makes it a mere powerful Knight with no distinctive properties. Lame as hell.

Take away it’s damn gun and give it dozens of badass animations and abilities.

I would definitely like to see a revamp in ai as well with more variety in them, rather than just making them “deadlier”. However they should have a deadlier aspect, but how do you go about that without making the ai want to break your controller every single time you encounter them? Make forerunner vehicles! That way there are extremely challenging moments without vamping up all the ai and create the need of different strategies throughout the game. I mainly say this for 2 reasons: 1. I do not want to plasma pistol/magnum everything in my path again like reach. 2. I just want an excuse for a forerunner motorcycle/lightcycle to be a reality one day

If the Knights could do stuff like this, this and I think Sliding Ghost has a video of a Battlewagon without its weapon, it could make the Prometheans much more brutal in CQC

> If the Knights could do stuff like this, this <mark>and I think Sliding Ghost has a video of a Battlewagon without its weapon</mark>, it could make the Prometheans much more brutal in CQC

Yep.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljBAQj48KsI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfyAj6a4R2s

I’d love for Knights and perhaps Hunters to jump back [dodge an attack] and jump forward [Zealot esque attack jump], like the skeletons in Dark Souls (haven’t played that game though).

> > If the Knights could do stuff like this, this <mark>and I think Sliding Ghost has a video of a Battlewagon without its weapon</mark>, it could make the Prometheans much more brutal in CQC
>
> Yep.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljBAQj48KsI
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfyAj6a4R2s
>
> I’d love for Knights and perhaps Hunters to jump back [dodge an attack] and jump forward [Zealot esque attack jump], like the skeletons in Dark Souls (haven’t played that game though).

Is that a glitch? Cause that’s freaking awesome, wonder what they could do with that, also they need to do something with Alpha Crawlers

> > If the Knights could do stuff like this, this <mark>and I think Sliding Ghost has a video of a Battlewagon without its weapon</mark>, it could make the Prometheans much more brutal in CQC
>
> Yep.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljBAQj48KsI
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfyAj6a4R2s
>
> I’d love for Knights and perhaps Hunters to jump back [dodge an attack] and jump forward [Zealot esque attack jump], like the skeletons in Dark Souls (haven’t played that game though).

That’s exactly what I meant, to be deadlier, lol :smiley: That things scary…

> Knights are like Brutes in that they’re basically bullet sponges and aren’t interesting to fight.

Halo 2 Brutes used to frighten me.

I disagree. I think the Knights could be revamped. But Crawlers are fine. They are supposed to be swarming enemies that are weak individually. Watchers are meant to be support. If 2 or 3 attacked you, you could just shrug off their attacks. With a Knight or Crawlers, they can quickly become a big threat. And thats how I like them.

> I disagree. I think the Knights could be revamped. But Crawlers are fine. They are supposed to be swarming enemies that are weak individually. Watchers are meant to be support. If 2 or 3 attacked you, you could just shrug off their attacks. With a Knight or Crawlers, they can quickly become a big threat. And thats how I like them.

That’s no excuse for spamming the heck out of Watchers.

Honestly, wouldn’t it be better to have one or two Watchers possessing 6 or more distinct abilities than spamming dozens of Watchers possessing the same abilities and behavior?

You cannot imagine my disbelief in seeing 7 out of 10 Watchers flock over to the remains of a dead Knight to resurrect it (in Spartan Ops). Easy as hell.

Oh and let’s not forget about those 2 marines at The Refuge… you go to them to fulfill an objective, that triggers like 20 Watchers who absolutely alienate them, and most likely you as well, if you try to engage them directly.

Spamming Watchers just kills gameplay consistency. It’s abnormal.