Prometheans are a pathetic excuse of an emeny

I don’t even know where to start with this. Prometheans are flawed in every aspect of the game. First of all, they’re not properly explained in the games. In Halo 4 they were Forerunner defense AI, but the knights were imprisoned humans? or were they digitized forerunners so they could not get infected by the flood? I don’t know and neither does 90% of the Halo community because the game didn’t bother to properly explain it. Same thing with this ‘‘new Covenant’’. As a result the Campaign of Halo 4 felt like a missed opportunity and the Campaign of Halo 5 felt borderline useless because the Prometheans were totally irrelevant to the narrative in that story.

As far as their design goes, they looked pretty good in Halo 4. The E3 2012 demo portrayed them like they should’ve been; powerful and mysterious with ancient but advanced sounding and looking weapons. In Halo 5 they look and sound like something you would find in a T rated fantasy game involving generic robots (yes, that comes close to H5 but that’s not a good thing). The Prometheans and their weapons in Halo 5 look and sound far worse than in Halo 4. Just take a look at these clips

Halo 4 [E3 2012] Halo 4 - E3 Gameplay Trailer - YouTube
Halo 5 Halo 5: Guardians - Mission #14: The Breaking Walkthrough [HD 1080P/60FPS] - YouTube

And last but not least, they are TERRIBLE to fight in Halo 5. A Promethean soldier takes approximately 6 or 7 melee strikes before he’s killed, while he can kill you in 2 or sometimes even 1. You know you have horribly designed enemies when the best way to fight them is to peek and shoot from a distance. Prometheans do not allow hand to hand combat like Bungie’s Covenant (343’s Covenant have the same issue) which takes out a pillar of the Halo sandbox: Melee. They come in far too many numbers and the way they spawn is just lazy and stupid. Wouldn’t it be a lot cooler if we actually saw the metal parts slowly assemble instead of this purple cloud crap, it would give the player time to react while looking a lot more convincing itself. The way Prometheans are currently is far below Halo standards.

I feel like Covenant is just there to calm down the hates when they remove them. Why not just introduce new species that formed new Covenant? Every time I see threads like this, all I can say is 343 is lazy.

knights are better than 4, but yeah Prometheans in halo 5 are bad.

This is a reason why I think there should be a covenant only and promethean only firefight as well as the default.

Much of it was explained in books and comics.
Prometheans are composed ancient humans. Maybe modern ones too since the Didact did use the composer on New Phoenix. They were created to fight the flood and the ancient humans. They used humans because there were so many, it was an easy target.

Forerunners digitized themselves to basically preserve or save themselves from the flood. Some did, like the Librarian.

I think the larger question should be where are all the sentinels?

In the book Hunters in the Dark, sentinels were used offensivly by the Ark AI. One would think a prometheon army would have more at their disposal than phatons.

No, They aren’t there just for an excuse. Prometheans were explained in Halo 4 and in the books.

> 2533274968894951;1:
> I don’t even know where to start with this. Prometheans are flawed in every aspect of the game. First of all, they’re not properly explained in the games. In Halo 4 they were Forerunner defense AI, but the knights were imprisoned humans? or were they digitized forerunners so they could not get infected by the flood? I don’t know and neither does 90% of the Halo community because the game didn’t bother to properly explain it. Same thing with this ‘‘new Covenant’’. As a result the Campaign of Halo 4 felt like a missed opportunity and the Campaign of Halo 5 felt borderline useless because the Prometheans were totally irrelevant to the narrative in that story.

Prometheans are a good introduction to the Halo franchise and the stroyline in general. It is well done in the books and in the terminal in halo 4.

However, they are trash in halo 5 and gameplay is really bad. It could have been better :confused:

> 2535456165221911;2:
> I feel like Covenant is just there to calm down the hates when they remove them. Why not just introduce new species that formed new Covenant? Every time I see threads like this, all I can say is 343 is lazy.

Making another alien race from the covenant is much more lazier than creating prometheans and a story behind them.

I just miss the crawlers crawling on walls and ceilings like they did in H4 :frowning:

> 2533274864769942;8:
> > 2533274968894951;1:
> > I don’t even know where to start with this. Prometheans are flawed in every aspect of the game. First of all, they’re not properly explained in the games. In Halo 4 they were Forerunner defense AI, but the knights were imprisoned humans? or were they digitized forerunners so they could not get infected by the flood? I don’t know and neither does 90% of the Halo community because the game didn’t bother to properly explain it. Same thing with this ‘‘new Covenant’’. As a result the Campaign of Halo 4 felt like a missed opportunity and the Campaign of Halo 5 felt borderline useless because the Prometheans were totally irrelevant to the narrative in that story.
>
>
> Prometheans are a good introduction to the Halo franchise and the stroyline in general. It is well done in the books and in the terminal in halo 4.
>
> However, they are trash in halo 5 and gameplay is really bad. It could have been better :confused:

I thought they were a nice refresh as far as enemies in H4, but in H5 they seem to be lacking as far a character. There seems to be an unlimited supply of them like they are made similar to sentinels.

While I do think that the Knights are much much better in Halo 5, overall I do agree that the Prometheans aren’t as great in Halo 5.

Soldiers, while good in theory, aren’t that great of enemies to fight. They’re bullet sponges that spew out terrible lines like “THIS IS HUMANITY’S BEST?!” and “MY TARGET IS A HUMAN!”. They teleport around, sure, but other than that they don’t do anything special. They could have done something interesting like make two Soldiers merge together to make a bigger, scarier enemy. Or they could have changed their forms/tactics depending on which weapons you have. But no, they’re uninteresting in both gameplay and personality. They might as well be standing there yelling “I AM A ROBOT. BEEP, BOOP, BEEP”.

Crawlers? In Halo 4, they were a lot of fun. They, you know, crawled around. You could find them on walls or ceilings with Binary Rifles. They could sneak up on you and forced you to look everywhere and pay attention. But in Halo 5? Nope, they don’t crawl around anymore. They just run around at 15fps and do… Nothing. Why not take the idea in Halo 4 and build on that? I would love to see cloaked Crawlers that run around you. Or Crawlers that can jump on you from above and try to bite off your face. Again, there’s so much that could have been done with the Crawlers to make them different and interesting, but 343i just… Didn’t.

As for the Watchers, they’re ok. But again, they lost a lot of interesting functionality. They don’t revive enemies anymore, do they? Nor do they teleport in foes (now that Prometheans just appear out of nowhere, with space magic). They do repair armour, which is cool, but it doesn’t seem like enough. Once more, they should have taken the Watcher’s abilities to the next level, and added more variety to them. Since Watchers are meant to be support units, there are many ways that they could add in different variants that have different abilities. Why not a fast, weaker Watcher that comes in and can teleport groups of enemies around the battlefield? Or a “bomber” Watcher that drops grenades on you instead of having a weapon? Or, maybe even a “stasis” Watcher that has a beam that slows you down.

I hate to repeat myself again, but the Prometheans have so much potential to be interesting foes! But 343i didn’t use that potential at all and made them generic robots. It’s very disappointing to watch, especially after all the doors opened in Halo 4.

I think you make the mistake of saying the WZFF prometheans are the same as the campaign prometheans.

> 2535409103705542;5:
> Much of it was explained in books and comics.
> Prometheans are composed ancient humans. Maybe modern ones too since the Didact did use the composer on New Phoenix. They were created to fight the flood and the ancient humans. They used humans because there were so many, it was an easy target.
>
> Forerunners digitized themselves to basically preserve or save themselves from the flood. Some did, like the Librarian.

That’s not a good thing

The Prometheans might be great if they were not included in the Halo franchise. 343i should make their own games, keep the Prometheans and their story, but just call it something other than Halo. I would be grateful if Prometheans and Forerunners fighting and hating cavemen are taken out of the Halo lore.

off course it was a excuse as Halo war finished on H3. but they will sell anything that has Halo on it because we buy it.

Honestly I find the origins of the prometheans much better explained in campaign than the covenant was.

Don’t worry, melee is more viable than shooting when you’re playing against other players.

Having to shoot Soldiers from far away isn’t about bad character design. You’re forced to do that because of how overpowered that are in Warzone. If they weren’t overpowered, and if they didn’t do that move where they dash in and out of existence so often, they’d make for an interesting opponent. But for now, Prometheans are very annoying to go against because of how unbalanced things are. It also doesn’t help that Promethean weaponry has homing projectiles, which is just stupid.

> 2533274968894951;1:
> I don’t even know where to start with this. Prometheans are flawed in every aspect of the game. First of all, they’re not properly explained in the games. In Halo 4 they were Forerunner defense AI, but the knights were imprisoned humans? or were they digitized forerunners so they could not get infected by the flood? I don’t know and neither does 90% of the Halo community because the game didn’t bother to properly explain it. Same thing with this ‘‘new Covenant’’. As a result the Campaign of Halo 4 felt like a missed opportunity and the Campaign of Halo 5 felt borderline useless because the Prometheans were totally irrelevant to the narrative in that story.
>
> As far as their design goes, they looked pretty good in Halo 4. The E3 2012 demo portrayed them like they should’ve been; powerful and mysterious with ancient but advanced sounding and looking weapons. In Halo 5 they look and sound like something you would find in a T rated fantasy game involving generic robots (yes, that comes close to H5 but that’s not a good thing). The Prometheans and their weapons in Halo 5 look and sound far worse than in Halo 4. Just take a look at these clips
>
> Halo 4 [E3 2012] Halo 4 - E3 Gameplay Trailer - YouTube
> Halo 5 Halo 5: Guardians - Mission #14: The Breaking Walkthrough [HD 1080P/60FPS] - YouTube
>
> And last but not least, they are TERRIBLE to fight in Halo 5. A Promethean soldier takes approximately 6 or 7 melee strikes before he’s killed, while he can kill you in 2 or sometimes even 1. You know you have horribly designed enemies when the best way to fight them is to peek and shoot from a distance. Prometheans do not allow hand to hand combat like Bungie’s Covenant (343’s Covenant have the same issue) which takes out a pillar of the Halo sandbox: Melee. They come in far too many numbers and the way they spawn is just lazy and stupid. Wouldn’t it be a lot cooler if we actually saw the metal parts slowly assemble instead of this purple cloud crap, it would give the player time to react while looking a lot more convincing itself. The way Prometheans are currently is far below Halo standards.

Im not sure what Haloes you played, but melee in campaign on legendary had been practically useless in every halo, bungies’ included. Prometheans, like covenant, are fine against melee on lower difficulties

Halo 5’s Knights are probably one of the best enemy designs I’ve seen in a long time, imo. It’s up there with Metroid Prime’s enemies on terms of quality.