PROMETHEANS!!!!! and the Covenant.

Now I really enjoyed Halo 4 Campaign and I read all the Expanded Universe books leading up to it. It’s story was very well done and I like how it went into the Expanded Universe Lore with the Didact and such like (I wish the Master Builder appeared or was at least mentioned) but I feel like 343i concentrated too much on the Prometheans.

I liked the Prometheans in-game but I felt that the Covenant was kinda pushed aside to make way for them. I understand this is a new trilogy but there was almost no back-story to The Storm Faction and the moments with fighting the Covenant never seemed to be as engaging as they used to be as there wasn’t enough variety with the enemies (what happened to the Buggers and Skirmishers??).

I know the Terminals gave some back-story and that Spartan Ops has done a good job with the Storm story development but it would’ve been nice to have some explanation in Campaign as to who there leader was, why the were here (I know they were after the Didact and they thought him to be God but who told them this? Where did the get that information? and why the split off from the (now peaceful) Covenant? There was also no explanation as to what happened to the Brutes.

All in all, thanks 343i for a great game, but please focus on all factions equally for Halo 5.

I feel like 343 is slowly pushing out everything Bungie made in Halo except Chief and the Halos and putting their own creations in. Karen Traviss has convinced me of this with her poor treatment of characters not made by her and 343.

I liked how they focused on the prometheans more, covenant got kinda old.
I do agree that 343 needs to do some explaining on the covenant however.

Silver lining is that all the ambiguity will provide for (hopefully) some great novels in the future.

I liked the Novels I just felt like they needed to put more of the background information in the game. Not everyone is a hardcore fan that buys everything Halo or even just the books.

Seems unfair to people that didn’t read the books to be confused by the story.

Zealot, you said you read all the expanded fiction, but then you stated that you didn’t understand how/why Jul M’Dama was at Requiem? All of that was explained in the latest novel, Thursday War.

> I liked the Novels I just felt like they needed to put more of the background information in the game. Not everyone is a hardcore fan that buys everything Halo or even just the books.
>
> Seems unfair to people that didn’t read the books to be confused by the story.

If they are that confused and desperate to find out, local libraries carry these books. Thats how I read Glasslands and Thursday war. But most people don’t give two grunts about were the Storm came from.

I knew that, but what I was trying to say is what about the people that haven’t read that. It would’ve been better for the general audience to just have some explanation in the actual game.

> It’s story was very well done

Seriously?

Have you read Halo: Glasslands or Halo: The Thursday War?

These books explain the growing divides in the Sanghelli/Elites with the Arbiter on one side and Jul M’dama and other rebels on the other side. We don’t see this rebel faction become the ‘Storm Covenant’ in the books so far but we do see Jul M’dama’s back story, his early contact with information about Didact and the tension between Brutes and Elites (which we see throughout the games and other books - basically, the Elites never really like them anyway so this new Storm Covenant led by Elites naturally decided to oust the Brutes).

Yes I felt that they did a very good job expanding the lore, adding new character with fresh personalities and how they made Chief seem more human. A lot of games lack these nowadays. Before you say that Chief is too upset over Cortana, how about you try being conscripted at 6 years old, going through harsh training and bio-augmentation then having all the people you know and trained with slowly get all killed off. Then your last friend, your A.I is all you have left and it’s taken away from you.

I’m not saying I didn’t understand the story. I got it perfectly fine. It’s the general audience I’m concerned about. Not everyone read the books and might not understand the whole story.

It seems to me that more and more of the story of this Covenant faction is coming out with the Spartan Ops episodes… maybe that’s how it was intended?

Don’t forget that there is still a third book in the Kilo-Five trilogy which has not been released.