Promethean Weapons and vehicles in Halo5 and ideas

What does everyone thing of the promethean equipment shown. So far we have seen the boltshot, suppressor, lightrifle and the phaeton. Hopefully the phaeton is not the only promethean weapon in the gam. What is everyone’s opinion on which promethean weapons are returning and which one out of the 3 do you like up there. Also what ideas do you have for them. I thought of a motor bike sorta of like a Tron bike but you know edited to have promethean features

I love the light rifle. It was my favorite in Halo 4 and I hope to see at least one more promethean vehicle, but I won’t get my hopes up.

Pretty much anything & everything promethean is just half baked & uninspired.

All the promethean weapons in halo 4 were just rehashes of not only guns that were already in halo, but they were basically following the same archetypes that human weapons already follow.

So now I’m halo 5 the boltshot & suppressor bullets follow targets. Well, we already have the needler that does that, how about something actually new & different.

The Phaeton is about as uninspired & unoriginal as it gets. And the splinter cannon & the projectiles it fires… Just why?

Where is the creativity that Bungie had when creating the covenant arsenal & vehicles?

I feel like all the promethean vehicles, weapons & even enemies are so shoehorned in & unnecessary that they should just give up or start over when it comes to the entire promethean faction because it’s like a tumor on the sandbox.

> 2533274866682248;3:
> Pretty much anything & everything promethean is just half baked & uninspired.
>
> All the promethean weapons in halo 4 were just rehashes of not only guns that were already in halo, but they were basically following the same archetypes that human weapons already follow.
>
> So now they made the boltshot & suppressor bullets follow targets. Well, we already have the needle that does that.
>
> The Phaeton is a out as uninspired & unoriginal as it gets. I feel like they should just give up or start over when it comes to the entire promethean faction because it’s like a tumor on the sandbox.

What exactly do you want a Promethean gun to do?

Guns shoot projectiles and we already see far more variability among the Halo sandbox of weapons in comparison to other popular shooters today such as CoD.

Halo 5 is being designed as a competitive shooter, and as such there are certain criteria that guns have to follow to be competitively viable.

> 2533274935834633;4:
> > 2533274866682248;3:
> > Pretty much anything & everything promethean is just half baked & uninspired.
> >
> > All the promethean weapons in halo 4 were just rehashes of not only guns that were already in halo, but they were basically following the same archetypes that human weapons already follow.
> >
> > So now they made the boltshot & suppressor bullets follow targets. Well, we already have the needle that does that.
> >
> > The Phaeton is a out as uninspired & unoriginal as it gets. I feel like they should just give up or start over when it comes to the entire promethean faction because it’s like a tumor on the sandbox.
>
>
> What exactly do you want a Promethean gun to do?
> .

Add something to the game.

> What exactly do you want a Promethean gun to do?

There’s still tons of ideas out there waiting to happen.
For example, what if the Suppressor required a charge up, but then unleashed a hail of bullets?
Why was the Sentinel Beam scrapped?
What about a Proximity Mine launcher like Quake has?

So on.

> Guns shoot projectiles and we already see far more variability among the Halo sandbox of weapons in comparison to other popular shooters today such as CoD.

I don’t think that’s a very strong argument.

> 2533274866682248;5:
> > 2533274935834633;4:
> > > 2533274866682248;3:
> > > Pretty much anything & everything promethean is just half baked & uninspired.
> > >
> > > All the promethean weapons in halo 4 were just rehashes of not only guns that were already in halo, but they were basically following the same archetypes that human weapons already follow.
> > >
> > > So now they made the boltshot & suppressor bullets follow targets. Well, we already have the needle that does that.
> > >
> > > The Phaeton is a out as uninspired & unoriginal as it gets. I feel like they should just give up or start over when it comes to the entire promethean faction because it’s like a tumor on the sandbox.
> >
> >
> > What exactly do you want a Promethean gun to do?
> > .
>
>
> Add something to the game.

Define “add something to the game”. They already do add variability in the design aesthetic of weapons and projectile appearance.

If you mean behave in a fashion that makes it completely unique when compared with any other weapon with regards to functionality then you need to change your expectations. There are only so many variables the game creators can adjust when making a gun for a competitive shooter.

They can adjust per bullet damage, rate of fire, firing mechanism (full auto, semi or bolt action), type of scope (if any), and a few others. There are already weapons sufficiently unique within the Halo sandbox that they are deemed “noncompetitive” such as the needler. Modern-era shooters can have far larger inventories of weapons, but still have far less variance between weapons.

This isn’t Sunset Overdrive or Ratchet & Clank. Counter-Strike, arguably the gold-standard competitive shooter, has dozens of weapons but nearly all of them behave in roughly the same manner. That’s one of the defining traits of a competitive shooter.

I hate weapons that have bullets that “follow” the target as they require no skill in aiming but however if they were weak then they would be a very viable option for newer players learning the game. This however makes those weapons useless for anyone else. Personally loved the way that you could charge up the boltshot in halo 4 as it provided a chance to escape situations where you have no shields or there are too many players to handle with a weapon like a br. I have been in so many situations where I have bossed the -Yoink- out of my enemies using the boltshot which by the way requires lots of skill

I had written a very long and descriptive post about how the weapons are all similar in their own way, but also remain special and unique. However, I lost it, due to me accidently returning to the previous page, and my post being gone.

Suffice to say, it was a good post. Trust me. :smiley:

That being said, I will simply say I love the Forerunner weapons.

Given that prometheans ARE humans, I think it makes sense for their weapons to have a 1:1 resemblance to human weapons…

> 2535415305234137;1:
> What does everyone thing of the promethean equipment shown. So far we have seen the boltshot, suppressor, lightrifle and the phaeton. Hopefully the phaeton is not the only promethean weapon in the gam. What is everyone’s opinion on which promethean weapons are returning and which one out of the 3 do you like up there. Also what ideas do you have for them. I thought of a motor bike sorta of like a Tron bike but you know edited to have promethean features

We also saw the Pulse grenade, the Scatttershot, the Incineration Cannon and the Splinter Turret. The only Promethean weapon we haven’t seen in Halo 5 yet is the Binary Rifle, but it will likely be featured.

I see a lot of people complaining about the lack of originality in the Promethean weapons, but nobody has ANY good suggestions on what they should actually be instead. I think they are a huge improvement over halo 4’s Promethean weapons though. The only thing I would still like to see is some Promethean hover vehicle similar to the vehicle that you always have with you in destiny, or at least similar. I would like to see a Promethean land vehicle that can dodge similar to the banshee!

Guys in terms of warfare and gun has to be able to work it can’t be so outlandish that it can’t be used efficiently, more importantly a gun needs to do it’s job and do it well, in short in the the halo universe the forerunners would have developed their weapons into designs we know now because they are practical and useful not because they have 8 barrels that shoot lighting and are covered in glowing spikes go to Destiny for that stuff.

the phaeton is an air vehicle…

In one of the episodes in Halo Origins, the forerunners used a beam weapon similar to the sentinal beam except that the beam didnt travel in a straight line. It bent and swerved its way to the target. Personally I think it’d be a cool addition but I can see the complications it would bring to competitive gameplay.

> 2533274935834633;7:
> > 2533274866682248;5:
> > > 2533274935834633;4:
> > > > 2533274866682248;3:
> > > > Pretty much anything & everything promethean is just half baked & uninspired.
> > > >
> > > > All the promethean weapons in halo 4 were just rehashes of not only guns that were already in halo, but they were basically following the same archetypes that human weapons already follow.
> > > >
> > > > So now they made the boltshot & suppressor bullets follow targets. Well, we already have the needle that does that.
> > > >
> > > > The Phaeton is a out as uninspired & unoriginal as it gets. I feel like they should just give up or start over when it comes to the entire promethean faction because it’s like a tumor on the sandbox.
> > >
> > >
> > > What exactly do you want a Promethean gun to do?
> > > .
> >
> >
> > Add something to the game.
>
>
> Define “add something to the game”. They already do add variability in the design aesthetic of weapons and projectile appearance.
>
> If you mean behave in a fashion that makes it completely unique when compared with any other weapon with regards to functionality then you need to change your expectations. There are only so many variables the game creators can adjust when making a gun for a competitive shooter.
>
> They can adjust per bullet damage, rate of fire, firing mechanism (full auto, semi or bolt action), type of scope (if any), and a few others. There are already weapons sufficiently unique within the Halo sandbox that they are deemed “noncompetitive” such as the needler. Modern-era shooters can have far larger inventories of weapons, but still have far less variance between weapons.
>
> This isn’t Sunset Overdrive or Ratchet & Clank. Counter-Strike, arguably the gold-standard competitive shooter, has dozens of weapons but nearly all of them behave in roughly the same manner. That’s one of the defining traits of a competitive shooter.

No. Add something to the game as in something valuable, which none of the promethean weapons do. They are just reskinned versions of what are already in the game come tell redundant & unnecessary.

Though the promethean guns could do with something more to make them interesting, having rifles, heavy weapons, and snipers is expected for any military. The covenant have the same layout as human weapons with small differences in how they function.

I’d prefer an additional rifle for the covenant and forerunners possibly an autorifle, one shot or four burst for forerunner and possibly add on a special forerunner type weapon for more weapon variety. We saw a Promethean turrent so that’s good, maybe the ground vehicles will have something similar, float maybe and have a vehicle that competes with the gungoose/mongoose, tank, etc. This will make it seem like there is actually three armies clashing sorta feel.

As long as the Pulse Grenades aren’t useless anymore.

> 2535437978373619;9:
> I had written a very long and descriptive post about how the weapons are all similar in their own way, but also remain special and unique. However, I lost it, due to me accidently returning to the previous page, and my post being gone.
>
> Suffice to say, it was a good post. Trust me. :smiley:
>
> That being said, I will simply say I love the Forerunner weapons.

I wrote one like that as well :laughing: