Promethean Vision Kills Stealth

Hate to admit it, but it’s true. In its current form, promethean vision completely kills stealth in modes like CTF. Because if for a second the enemy doesn’t know where you are, they can just fire up PV and hunt you down. Really, trying to sneak into the enemy base is just pointless if the enemy team has PV and knows how to use it. Even camo isn’t safe from it.

Now I don’t for a second think PV should be removed; I actually think it’s very fun to use, however, it does need a nerf so that stealth isn’t completely redundant.

My idea for a nerf is either to modify PV so that instead of being able to see exactly what player is doing for the entire duration of PV being active, what you see are brief “Flashes” which show the player’s outline, so that each use of promethean vision only tells you where a player is at the specific instance in time when the “wave” which gets sent out when you activate it reaches them.

This would much improve the situation, because the player would know when they’ve been detected by PV, and then be able to move away from that area, and maybe even use it to their advantage and pull off an assassination on the PV user (As it currently stands, this is impossible, as if you move once you’ve been detected, the PV user can STILL see you for a breif time, and therefore would know what you’re doing anyway).

Another solution would be to make it so that PV no longer detects people who are crouching and moving slowly, however, this comes with the tradeoff that PV would no longer be able to detect campers.

“PROMETHEAN VISION KILLS STEALTH”

No, promethean vision kills the game.

> “PROMETHEAN VISION KILLS STEALTH”
>
> No, promethean vision kills the game.

i dont see how it kills the game… but it does kill campers

> “PROMETHEAN VISION KILLS STEALTH”
>
> No, promethean vision kills the game.

That’s a little drastic.

The person who uses PV also gives away his position. And you can’t see Active Camo on PV, only if there is nothing between the two people and then the person with AC still shows up as blue instead of red…

Camo is safe from it… Aslong as you activate your camo before they use PV, you are safe. The amount of people who activated it whilst stood right infront of me and just walked off (leading to an assassination - hell yeah) is ridiculous.

> > “PROMETHEAN VISION KILLS STEALTH”
> >
> > No, promethean vision kills the game.
>
> That’s a little drastic.

This is waypoint, if it got any more dramatic and everyone would be on TV.

I love to use it and hate when I have to face it. It simplifies encounters to say the least. Just another feature to kill variety. Unless it gets nerfed I don’t see myself every using a different AA. It’s just too helpful.

> > “PROMETHEAN VISION KILLS STEALTH”
> >
> > No, promethean vision kills the game.
>
> i dont see how it kills the game… but it does kill campers

sad thing is ive seen people camp with PV. Although its meant to go against campers, they themselves use it. Basically they just hide or sit at a certain spot and when i try to sneak up on them they just spam it and find me before i can get the jump on them.

I think the stealth perk needs to be no red shown at all, because a brain dead monkey can still see a red outline ffs, and it gives a good counter to the PV itself.

I remember when grenades were the ideal tool to kill campers, coming from someone who likes to crouch around to get the jump on lesser players who lean on the radar a little too much. It isnt that hard to develop a sense of know how to throw grenades off the wall to get that perfect angle on a camper to rustle his feathers, you dont need a full on x ray vision, i find it a crutch for lesser players who arent good at checking their surroundings when they run into someone like me who likes to crouch walk around to get a surprise on the enemy sometimes, but it doesnt really work on the players who know what they’re doing. Imo PV is a cruth for lesser players.

> The person who uses PV also gives away his position. And you can’t see Active Camo on PV, only if there is nothing between the two people and then the person with AC still shows up as blue instead of red…

It doesn’t really help that the PV user gives away his position though. It still blows your cover. He still has more information than you do, and even if you manage to take him out, by that time the whole team will know you’re there. Therefore being stealthy is still not a viable option once the enemy uses PV.

Also, how are people supposed to know when the other player is about to use PV? You can’t use camo permanently.

Easy solution: The Stealth package obtained from Wetworks. Use it on any small map and you get the drop on those idiots using Promethean Vision. It says it leaves an outline, but apparently it works the same as camo, as others have tested it (I plan to in the future, next time I play) and their friends said they did not show up at all behind walls, and with a blue shade in the open. I already know PV Killcams are busted; when I engage a guy using PV head on while AvCammed, the cam shows me in red anyway, while it really shows AvCam in blue. So even though on the killcam they see the red outline through the wall, in game they do not.

I have not once used PV in a Multiplayer Map (I have the motion tracker and am not a complete idiot, thanks), but I voted to leave it the same.

> Easy solution: The Stealth package obtained from Wetworks. Use it on any small map and you get the drop on those idiots using Promethean Vision.
>
> I have not once used PV in a Multiplayer Map (I have the motion tracker and am not a complete idiot, thanks), but I voted to leave it the same.

Theres still an outline, so stealth really doesnt do much agaisnt most players that use PV.

Edit: Changed it after i quoted, then it must be broken killcams. Either way, i dont hate PV but when i play against a full team that just spams it its so annoying.

i think it’s fine the way it is. I use hologram to counter it, and it works 90% of the time. I don’t really see the point in using it if you have the radar.

I completely disagree. The stealth approach doesn’t just involve finding a hiding spot in their base. The point of the stealth approach is that the enemy has no idea that you are even around, so they wouldn’t activate PV anyway. You have to work to avoid enemies, rather than simply fighting your way to a hiding spot. If somebody on the enemy team even suspects that you are nearby, then you have failed, time to shoot your way out.

There’s a fine line between stealth and camping, it seems you can’t have one without the other. Personally, I like PV the way it is, as it does pretty much remove most forms of camping.

stealth kills promethean vision.

I think radar does that better than pro vision does, you know, because its always working?

> I completely disagree. The stealth approach doesn’t just involve finding a hiding spot in their base. The point of the stealth approach is that the enemy has no idea that you are even around, so they wouldn’t activate PV anyway.

Well, you may have a point, if that logic were correct. However people don’t just activate it when they suspect someone is around, they activate when they’re guarding the flag, and there are no enemies in the base, so they may as well use the charge up to gain some intel.

That’s just one example, but really, campers use PV everytime they have a charge to spare, not just when they suspect an enemy is nearby. Sorry, but your logic is just not correct.

> I think radar does that better than pro vision does, you know, because its always working?

>Can crouch to avoid detection

>Irrelevant to stealth

> > Easy solution: The Stealth package obtained from Wetworks. Use it on any small map and you get the drop on those idiots using Promethean Vision.
> >
> > I have not once used PV in a Multiplayer Map (I have the motion tracker and am not a complete idiot, thanks), but I voted to leave it the same.
>
> Theres still an outline, so stealth really doesnt do much agaisnt most players that use PV.
>
> Edit: Changed it after i quoted, then it must be broken killcams. Either way, i dont hate PV but when i play against a full team that just spams it its so annoying.

Yeah, I tend to go back and change things to add more details and such pretty often. Killcams are broken 98% of the time.

There is nothing wrong with the magical vision.

A tip:
Use active camo.

The game is quite good with having counters to each armor ability. The flaws and the perks in each one are obvious and are up to the player to exploit… I mean make use of. Just learn mechanics and you will be fine.