Promethean Vision is NOT OP (valid argument)

Hey everyone. Gamertag Vampyre0422 here! ok, so I am here to talk about Promethean Vision. More specifically, talk about how it is NOT overpowered, and I urge people to read this before bashing me about it.

Everyone seems to be under the assumption that Promethean vision is OP because you can see through walls with it. But if you think about it, its only really a 3D representation of your radar. If anything radar is one of the most OP tools in the entire game because you can see people coming around corners and such. If you restricted Promethean vision to the standard 25 meter radius of the radar, instead of the 50 or so meters it appeared to have (probably part of 343i’s plan to nerf it), I admit it would be less powerful and probably slightly less annoying to most people.

But anyways, Promethean Visions’s main function is to reduce campers, seeing is that the only advantage over radar it has is that it can spot people sitting still. All it is, is an enhanced 3d representation of the radar that only works in the direction you are facing. And certain specializations makes it harder to spot some one with PV. Also it screws with the colors you see as well. It also, from what I have seen, has a very limited duration of use. So its not like you will be seeing everyone all the time. Plus it warns players when PV is being used and when they have been tagged.

If anything it is just something to promote map movement. Granted campers can use Promethean Vision as well, but they still run the risk of being detected and must move anyways or risk death. I have no real concern about it. Most people will probably only use it until they learn the maps and tricks and hiding spots etc. And then trade out for a better armor ability.

Well that was my $0.02…

DISCUSS!!

Coordinated teams will use it so they’ll know when and where to teamshoot people all game.

Just another crutch that’s going to be be exploited. I’m predicting even more blowouts and 50-0 games.

PV is weak period. The only time it was ever useful was durring the E3 build. At this point it’s just every noobs pick up ability until they learn how the maps traffic.

Nobody should be able to say it’s overpowered or underpowered until they actually have their hands on the game and have used the ability themselves.

From what I’ve heard and seen, nearly all of the MLG players that have played H4 only use PV and say that it’s incredibly OP(as a matter of fact I think Elamite said he would rather have PV then rockets), so I don’t think that a range reduction would do much to nerf it. I think that they should limit it to one use a life.

> Coordinated teams will use it so they’ll know when and where to teamshoot people all game.
>
> Just another crutch that’s going to be be exploited. I’m predicting even more blowouts and 50-0 games.

there is always gonna be people who do nothing but learn everything about anything in the game. but as i said, there is nerfings going on for PV they are probably nerfing the range so you cant just see all the way accross the map and say “hey you are being followed” to a team mate. only so much can bee coordinated. you cant watch the whole map the whole time. i have NEVER played a 50-0 game in any halo game I have played. they have always managed at least 10 kills over the course of the game.

> Coordinated teams will use it so they’ll know when and where to teamshoot people all game.
>
> Just another crutch that’s going to be be exploited. I’m predicting even more blowouts and 50-0 games.

I’ve never been part of a 50-0 game, I don’t think i’ve ever seen, or heard of one either…

Just super motion tracker honestly. Flushes out campers

> Nobody should be able to say it’s overpowered or underpowered until they actually have their hands on the game and have used the ability themselves.

I never said that it was under powered. i simply said its not over powered and DOES still have disadvantages to using it(being warned when you are tagged by it) and IS receiving a nerf (hopefully to effective range)

> Just super motion tracker honestly. Flushes out campers

THANK YOU!! SOME ONE ELSE UNDERSTANDS!!!

Yeah, Pro Vision just promotes rushing in all the time.

Sub Topic: Anyone want to play Halo: Reach?

> Yeah, Pro Vision just promotes rushing in all the time.
>
> <mark>Sub Topic: Anyone want to play Halo: Reach?</mark>

No thanks man

> > Coordinated teams will use it so they’ll know when and where to teamshoot people all game.
> >
> > Just another crutch that’s going to be be exploited. I’m predicting even more blowouts and 50-0 games.
>
> I’ve never been part of a 50-0 game, I don’t think i’ve ever seen, or heard of one either…

Google.

> > Just super motion tracker honestly. Flushes out campers
>
> THANK YOU!! SOME ONE ELSE UNDERSTANDS!!!

I agree! I like staying active and keeping things fast paced. Long story short, I can’t stand campers!!!

> > > Coordinated teams will use it so they’ll know when and where to teamshoot people all game.
> > >
> > > Just another crutch that’s going to be be exploited. I’m predicting even more blowouts and 50-0 games.
> >
> > I’ve never been part of a 50-0 game, I don’t think i’ve ever seen, or heard of one either…
>
> Google.

that game was clearly set up T-T or did you not notice that the guy barely got hit by the other so-called “MLG team”

I’ve never had an issue with it. To be honest I think anyone who does have an issue likes to corner camp.

>

Coordinated teams with communication won’t need PV to figure out where people are.

Between having 4 people on a team + map control + location call outs; it’s not that hard to figure out where someone is.

> > > Coordinated teams will use it so they’ll know when and where to teamshoot people all game.
> > >
> > > Just another crutch that’s going to be be exploited. I’m predicting even more blowouts and 50-0 games.
> >
> > I’ve never been part of a 50-0 game, I don’t think i’ve ever seen, or heard of one either…
>
> Google.

That was terrible ! I can take solace in the fact that I’ll never be in the losing or winning position in a 50-0 game. It’s sad to know that they happen, though.

> Nobody should be able to say it’s overpowered or underpowered until they actually have their hands on the game and have used the ability themselves.

Agreed, even tho it is like telling a Dog to stop barking.

> I’ve never had an issue with it. To be honest I think anyone who does have an issue likes to corner camp.

^^^^^^^^^^ bahahaha this!! ^^^^^^^^^^^