Promethean turret revealed and confirmed!

Warning: Potential Campaign spoiler within.

at this link: http://au.gamespot.com/shows/ebexpo/ at 2:14:15 josh holmes states “oh that promethean turret is trying to take me out” when a laser starts to inflict damage on the chief. i’m really excited for a beam based turret and i hope its usable by the players.

If you’re talking about the thing that does a beam, it’s a defense thing that’s attached to the wall.

i think your talking about the auto sentry. Prometheans can use that to

Yeah, this was spotted when Frankie played the level.

And it’s actually floating, the Watchers summoned it.

> If you’re talking about the thing that does a beam, it’s a defense thing that’s attached to the wall.

i can see that…thanks for pointing that out…?

> Yeah, this was spotted when Frankie played the level.
>
> And it’s actually floating, the Watchers summoned it.

yep but as holmes states it, its a turret. so i suppose its a little like the human turret but uncarriable and unusable by players

> > Yeah, this was spotted when Frankie played the level.
> >
> > And it’s actually floating, the Watchers summoned it.
>
> yep but as holmes states it, its a turret. so i suppose its a little like the human turret but uncarriable and unusable by players

Yeah, we pretty much knew it was a turret when it was first spotted.

> i think your talking about the auto sentry. Prometheans can use that to

-_- no im not, im talking about the defense turret on the mountain wall in the third mission of the campaign played by frankie and holmes but only holmes states what it actually was.

> > > Yeah, this was spotted when Frankie played the level.
> > >
> > > And it’s actually floating, the Watchers summoned it.
> >
> > yep but as holmes states it, its a turret. so i suppose its a little like the human turret but uncarriable and unusable by players
>
> Yeah, we pretty much knew it was a turret when it was first spotted.

good for you, i guessed it but now its confirmed so i can actually state my opinions knowing what it is. i also love the red lightrifle and scattershot

Thanks for not informing that this is campaign and contains spoilers.

I did not want to see that and i wish that you would have told me that
it was campaign. Plz update this and tell people that
it may contain spoilers. kinda lame

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> Thanks for not informing that this is campaign and contains spoilers.
>
> I did not want to see that and i wish that you would have told me that
> it was campaign. Plz update this and tell people that
> it may contain spoilers. kinda lame

i stated that holmes was being damaged by a promethean turret as the chief…cuz that sounds alot like multiplayer. its not my fault youre so brain dead you cant put 2 and 2 together. theres no prometheans or master chiefs in the multiplayer or spartan ops so what did you think i was talking about…and nah im too lazy.

> > > > Yeah, this was spotted when Frankie played the level.
> > > >
> > > > And it’s actually floating, the Watchers summoned it.
> > >
> > > yep but as holmes states it, its a turret. so i suppose its a little like the human turret but uncarriable and unusable by players
> >
> > Yeah, we pretty much knew it was a turret when it was first spotted.
>
> good for you, i guessed it but now its confirmed so i can actually state my opinions knowing what it is. i also love the red lightrifle and scattershot

Just so you know, that was just a graphical glitch. Everything changed color, and anything that was orange turned red, including Chief’s visor.

>

The point is that its your thread you should be generous to tell people that it may contain spoilers. It shouldnt be that we know 100% that its going to be the campaign or not. I read the title and then clicked thinking that the turret could be in the multiplayer as a new weapon.

Being rude is the wrong way to go about treating fellow members. All i said is that you should update your thread saying that it could contain spoilers. Instead you insulted me and said that your
dont want to update your info.

> > > > > Yeah, this was spotted when Frankie played the level.
> > > > >
> > > > > And it’s actually floating, the Watchers summoned it.
> > > >
> > > > yep but as holmes states it, its a turret. so i suppose its a little like the human turret but uncarriable and unusable by players
> > >
> > > Yeah, we pretty much knew it was a turret when it was first spotted.
> >
> > good for you, i guessed it but now its confirmed so i can actually state my opinions knowing what it is. i also love the red lightrifle and scattershot
>
> Just so you know, that was just a graphical glitch. Everything changed color, and anything that was orange turned red, including Chief’s visor.

no it was a grey affect that was caused from the generators exploding. if you have proof of it being a graphic glitch tell me where to find it because games dont just change colors that perfectly when they glitch up.

> >
>
> The point is that its your thread you should be generous to tell people that it may contain spoilers. It shouldnt be that we know 100% that its going to be the campaign or not. I read the title and then clicked thinking that the turret could be in the multiplayer as a new weapon.
>
> Being rude is the wrong way to go about treating fellow members. All i said is that you should update your thread saying that it could contain spoilers. Instead you insulted me and said that your
> dont want to update your info.

alright humbly noted, sorry for my insulting i was getting defensive because i did say it was from the campaign when i mentioned the chief. im not going to change it because i have put that he plays as the chief but im sorry you thought it was multiplayer and didnt read it all, you probably would have missed my warning anyways though, just saying. and youre right its my thread and i dont really feel like adding a warning because i stated it clearly implying the chief who is in campaign only. sorry i ruined your life by exposing you to a few seconds of campaign.

> > > > > > Yeah, this was spotted when Frankie played the level.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > And it’s actually floating, the Watchers summoned it.
> > > > >
> > > > > yep but as holmes states it, its a turret. so i suppose its a little like the human turret but uncarriable and unusable by players
> > > >
> > > > Yeah, we pretty much knew it was a turret when it was first spotted.
> > >
> > > good for you, i guessed it but now its confirmed so i can actually state my opinions knowing what it is. i also love the red lightrifle and scattershot
> >
> > Just so you know, that was just a graphical glitch. Everything changed color, and anything that was orange turned red, including Chief’s visor.
>
> no it was a grey affect that was caused from the generators exploding. if you have proof of it being a graphic glitch tell me where to find it because games dont just change colors that perfectly when they glitch up.

First of all this didn’t happen when Frankie played, and it’s the same build. Second, like I said, Chief’s visor also changes to red. I never said the game changed, it was most likely the software they used to film it, hence why Josh never mentioned it.

> Thanks for not informing that this is campaign and contains spoilers.
>
> I did not want to see that and i wish that you would have told me that
> it was campaign. Plz update this and tell people that
> it may contain spoilers. kinda lame

spoiler alerts are when i state something in my comment that tells info about the campaign not when i post a link, the link should have spoiler alert not my post btw.

> > > > > > > Yeah, this was spotted when Frankie played the level.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > And it’s actually floating, the Watchers summoned it.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > yep but as holmes states it, its a turret. so i suppose its a little like the human turret but uncarriable and unusable by players
> > > > >
> > > > > Yeah, we pretty much knew it was a turret when it was first spotted.
> > > >
> > > > good for you, i guessed it but now its confirmed so i can actually state my opinions knowing what it is. i also love the red lightrifle and scattershot
> > >
> > > Just so you know, that was just a graphical glitch. Everything changed color, and anything that was orange turned red, including Chief’s visor.
> >
> > no it was a grey affect that was caused from the generators exploding. if you have proof of it being a graphic glitch tell me where to find it because games dont just change colors that perfectly when they glitch up.
>
> First of all this didn’t happen when Frankie played, and it’s the same build. Second, like I said, Chief’s visor also changes to red. I never said the game changed, it was most likely the software they used to film it, hence why Josh never mentioned it.

alright good point, we’ll see at launch i guess ;D

>

alright humbly noted, sorry for my insulting i was getting defensive because i did say it was from the campaign when i mentioned the chief. im not going to change it because i have put that he plays as the chief but im sorry you thought it was multiplayer and didnt read it all, you probably would have missed my warning anyways though, just saying. and youre right its my thread and i dont really feel like adding a warning because i stated it clearly implying the chief who is in campaign only. sorry i ruined your life by exposing you to a few seconds of campaign.
[/quote]
Thats right you were being rude and you still are being rude. You didnt ruin my life at all. So
i dont know why you saying that. you need to relax man. You dont have to treat others with disrespect when i was just giving you an option so people dont click on that link.

Its simple put (This post may contain spoilers)
I would not have clicked on it. It didnt ruin my life but i dont want to see stuff from the
campaign. Its partially my fault and yours as well for not being more descriptive.

> >
>
> alright humbly noted, sorry for my insulting i was getting defensive because i did say it was from the campaign when i mentioned the chief. im not going to change it because i have put that he plays as the chief but im sorry you thought it was multiplayer and didnt read it all, you probably would have missed my warning anyways though, just saying. and youre right its my thread and i dont really feel like adding a warning because i stated it clearly implying the chief who is in campaign only. sorry i ruined your life by exposing you to a few seconds of campaign.

Thats right you were being rude and you still are being rude. You didnt ruin my life at all. So
i dont know why you saying that. you need to relax man. You dont have to treat others with disrespect when i was just giving you an option so people dont click on that link.

Its simple put (This post may contain spoilers)
I would not have clicked on it. It didnt ruin my life but i dont want to see stuff from the
campaign. Its partially my fault and yours as well for not being more descriptive.

[/quote]

1. it was descriptive enough to know it was campaign.
  2. i said i was sorry and rudeness is just how i get along, dont take it so badly i do it to everyone.
  3. i am calm :wink: i promise.
  4. its a little more the fault of the site that posted the video, look i directed you to the link if it has spoilers then the video should have said i was just telling you where to see what i was talking about so if you dont believe me you can verify my quote and claims