Promethean sword

Would they have it like the knights have it or make it into an energy sword that when you see your enemy(ies) you hit them and they disengrate?

The only way I could see it being implemented is if it were a heavy weapon, so you’d be slower and in third person. AoE, close hits kill Spartans and EMP vehicles, Legendary REQ

You can get a baonette on your weapon which is a Promethean sword(I think)

> 2533274978333910;3:
> You can get a baonette on your weapon which is a Promethean sword(I think)

That’s on a weapon…I mean having the weapon itself

I’d assume it would look like a smaller version of the knights?

> 2535462450434439;5:
> I’d assume it would look like a smaller version of the knights?

I want the bigger version.

> 2533274849069111;2:
> The only way I could see it being implemented is if it were a heavy weapon, so you’d be slower and in third person. AoE, close hits kill Spartans and EMP vehicles, Legendary REQ

It could work kinda like Oryx’s sword in Destiny. Sends out a shockwave. But to balance it, slows you down 10% (unlike the sword that speeds you up 10%) and makes boosting less effective (less distance covered).

So while you’re getting quite a bit of range utility out of this floor slamming wonder, it can seriously hinder you. No EMP though. Vehicles are terrified enough these days as it is, and the grunt goblin gets special no-EMP treatment.

I still think we need a Machete built specifically for Spartan use, though. Slightly higher than melee damage, but roughly 70% higher attack speed. You’re gonna win close combat encounters and maybe 1HKO an enemy, but you’re also gonna need to hit them more than once.(I sorta want it to be shielded in a way that can reflect projectile non-explosives fire ((not hitscan)) but has its own shield. Held down effect.)

> 2533274805075298;7:
> > 2533274849069111;2:
> > The only way I could see it being implemented is if it were a heavy weapon, so you’d be slower and in third person. AoE, close hits kill Spartans and EMP vehicles, Legendary REQ
>
> It could work kinda like Oryx’s sword in Destiny. Sends out a shockwave. But to balance it, slows you down 10% (unlike the sword that speeds you up 10%) and makes boosting less effective (less distance covered).
>
> So while you’re getting quite a bit of range utility out of this floor slamming wonder, it can seriously hinder you. No EMP though. Vehicles are terrified enough these days as it is, and the grunt goblin gets special no-EMP treatment.
>
> I still think we need a Machete built specifically for Spartan use, though. Slightly higher than melee damage, but roughly 70% higher attack speed. You’re gonna win close combat encounters and maybe 1HKO an enemy, but you’re also gonna need to hit them more than once.(I sorta want it to be shielded in a way that can reflect projectile non-explosives fire ((not hitscan)) but has its own shield. Held down effect.)

I doubt they’ll make it that intricate

My Ideas for a control scheme!

Promethean’s Sword - Ultra Rare
–Able to walk/run normally. Third Person. Starting Energy = 100%
–Regular slash would be killing one NPC/Enemy Spartan, bind to RT, able to use it 3 times in a row taking away 5% energy before starting an animation letting your character take a breath.
AoE effect would make you slam the sword tip into the ground and would cause an orange aura in the shape of a sphere to form around you and distentegrate (did I spell that right) any enemy caught within it. Bind to LT. Same cooldown/rest effect as the first slash. Takes away 10% energy.

A Knight’s Blade - Legendary
–Everything would function the same, but for the regular slash, you can do it 4 times in a row. Also, the AoE effect would cause the sphere to be a void black with some orange pixels/particles surrounding it, pulling in NPC/Enemy Players into the sphere, distentegrating them.

> 2533274949779159;1:
> Would they have it like the knights have it or make it into an energy sword that when you see your enemy(ies) you hit them and they disengrate?

Sound a good idea. Basically an energy sword, but with the look of the knights’ones.

> 2533274949779159;6:
> > 2535462450434439;5:
> > I’d assume it would look like a smaller version of the knights?
>
> I want the bigger version.

Two handed prometheans blade.
Power core in the hilt.
Uses a swipe motion that van hit upto 3 targets.
(Middle of swing = death / edges of swing shields broken)

Anti vehicle property, swinging pushes vehicles.
Variant causes emp.
Maybe speed boost and jump increase?
Something you could fight a vehicle with.

Weilding it puts the camera over your shoulder but follows your aim.

> 2533274849069111;2:
> The only way I could see it being implemented is if it were a heavy weapon, so you’d be slower and in third person. AoE, close hits kill Spartans and EMP vehicles, Legendary REQ

It’s mostly composed of hard light.
Logically it woudnt be heavy.
(Turns on flash light starts bench pressing it)

> 2535462450434439;8:
> > 2533274805075298;7:
> > > 2533274849069111;2:
> > > The only way I could see it being implemented is if it were a heavy weapon, so you’d be slower and in third person. AoE, close hits kill Spartans and EMP vehicles, Legendary REQ
> >
> > It could work kinda like Oryx’s sword in Destiny. Sends out a shockwave. But to balance it, slows you down 10% (unlike the sword that speeds you up 10%) and makes boosting less effective (less distance covered).
> >
> > So while you’re getting quite a bit of range utility out of this floor slamming wonder, it can seriously hinder you. No EMP though. Vehicles are terrified enough these days as it is, and the grunt goblin gets special no-EMP treatment.
> >
> > I still think we need a Machete built specifically for Spartan use, though. Slightly higher than melee damage, but roughly 70% higher attack speed. You’re gonna win close combat encounters and maybe 1HKO an enemy, but you’re also gonna need to hit them more than once.(I sorta want it to be shielded in a way that can reflect projectile non-explosives fire ((not hitscan)) but has its own shield. Held down effect.)
>
> I doubt they’ll make it that intricate

I contest this. The background alterations and stats, counterplay of each weapon, are surprisingly detailed.

The only reason I’d use a Knight’s hardlight blade would be if it had a secondary function as a Pulse Grenade launcher as it did in Halo 4. Otherwise I’d find it pretty redundant.

The problem is how do you distinguish it from an energy sword?

For a second I thought you meant you steal the Warden Eternals sword. :smiley:

> 2533274949779159;6:
> > 2535462450434439;5:
> > I’d assume it would look like a smaller version of the knights?
>
> I want the bigger version.

You meam warden eternal’s sword?

sounds like a great idea. PROMETHEAN SWORD

> 2535437652903765;13:
> The only reason I’d use a Knight’s hardlight blade would be if it had a secondary function as a Pulse Grenade launcher as it did in Halo 4. Otherwise I’d find it pretty redundant.

Would this one fire splinter nades? Also I totally forgot the H4 knights had that function.

> 2533274912984822;17:
> > 2535437652903765;13:
> > The only reason I’d use a Knight’s hardlight blade would be if it had a secondary function as a Pulse Grenade launcher as it did in Halo 4. Otherwise I’d find it pretty redundant.
>
> Would this one fire splinter nades? Also I totally forgot the H4 knights had that function.

I was thinking it could fire Splinter Grenades, but that seems a little overpowered to me, so I just went with Pulse Grenades.

> 2533274805075298;12:
> > 2535462450434439;8:
> > > 2533274805075298;7:
> > > > 2533274849069111;2:
> > > > The only way I could see it being implemented is if it were a heavy weapon, so you’d be slower and in third person. AoE, close hits kill Spartans and EMP vehicles, Legendary REQ
> > >
> > > It could work kinda like Oryx’s sword in Destiny. Sends out a shockwave. But to balance it, slows you down 10% (unlike the sword that speeds you up 10%) and makes boosting less effective (less distance covered).
> > >
> > > So while you’re getting quite a bit of range utility out of this floor slamming wonder, it can seriously hinder you. No EMP though. Vehicles are terrified enough these days as it is, and the grunt goblin gets special no-EMP treatment.
> > >
> > > I still think we need a Machete built specifically for Spartan use, though. Slightly higher than melee damage, but roughly 70% higher attack speed. You’re gonna win close combat encounters and maybe 1HKO an enemy, but you’re also gonna need to hit them more than once.(I sorta want it to be shielded in a way that can reflect projectile non-explosives fire ((not hitscan)) but has its own shield. Held down effect.)
> >
> > I doubt they’ll make it that intricate
>
> I contest this. The background alterations and stats, counterplay of each weapon, are surprisingly detailed.

Regardless looking through it all I don’t think it’ll work. You have to remember halo 5 is fast past. That being said being slowed down by a weapon that doesn’t have range will almost always get you killed especially when you go against people are at competent at the game. Look at the machine turrets (granted I doubt you meant this slow I’m just using it as a reference) they are powerful but almost everyone who has one gets pooped on. Idk that’s just me i think that implementation would prove to make people more easily killed. That’s just me with my experience of Halo 5 though I would be interested to see if 343 had any thoughts on this though

What if there sword had the ability to throw projectiles, some sort of energy ball that could do splash damage or kill with direct hits, and it could also act as a normal sword if it has energy.