Promethean Soldiers vs. The Flood

Just thinking aloud here…

That cut-scene in the “Reunion” where there’s a thick fog and dead Covenant everywhere I thought for sure the Flood was about to show up… which got me thinking about Halo 6.

Given how badass the Prometheans of Halo 5 are, wouldn’t it be sweet to see squad of those slippery, teleporting -Yoinks!- taking on a horde of Flood in H6? How do you think they’d fare vs The Flood? (Eventually they’d be overwhelmed…) The thought of a Flood-Promethean Knight form is kinda terrifying… would that even be possible since they basically disintegrate?

*Edit - I have learned that Prometheans are digitized and cannot become Flood forms, as they are not organic.

I always liked the Flood themes

Prometheans aren’t organic lifeforms. There can’t be a flood-promethean knight form.

1.The prometheans cannot be infected as they are digital, not organic. they would get destroyed but not possessed or whatever
2. precisely because of that, the didact created the prometheans to combat the flood using ancient human prisoners.
3.despite the prometheans, the flood was too powerful and the forerunners got their -Yoinks!- handed to them
4.if a scene of combat between the two happens, it would depend on numbers. its likely however, that the prometheans would win an isolated battle. a gravemind presence, however, would probably kick promethean waste ejection tools

> 2811398874529013;3:
> Prometheans aren’t organic lifeforms. There can’t be a flood-promethean knight form.

Ah, gotcha. I thought they were partially organic… Still would be creepy though.

i honestly have no hope for AI vs AI fights

we rarely saw two factions fighting each other like in previous games

Halo 4 almost played itself on some levels in legendary while you sat back and watch the elites take out crawlers and the knights tear through elites and grunts

in Halo 2 Cortana even TOLD you to hang back at some points and let the AI fight it out

Prometheans were ‘digitalised’ in order to become immune to the Flood, so we won’t be seeing any Promethean Flood. 343 need to bring back the Flood for Halo 6, though. It’s been too long. When you think about it, we haven’t fought against the Flood since 2007, when H3 was released.

> 2533275010968401;6:
> i honestly have no hope for AI vs AI fights
>
> we rarely saw two factions fighting each other like in previous games
>
> Halo 4 almost played itself on some levels in legendary while you sat back and watch the elites take out crawlers and the knights tear through elites and grunts
>
> in Halo 2 Cortana even TOLD you to hang back at some points and let the AI fight it out

I loved that letting that AI battle towards the end of Halo 2 work itself out. (I usually ended up aiding the Elites though…)

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.</mark>

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

my memes are danker