Promethean shield idea

i have a beef with the Promethean shield and its that it slows down the game A TON!specially on big maps like Ragnarok where people pop it out then hide behind a rock as soon as they start loosing a dmr/br fight.

my solution is simple. add a pistol hole similar to the jackle shield. so that if someone does do that you still have a chance at range to kill them instead of them hiding behind a rock, waiting for their shield to re spawn then poping back out and restarting the fight until someone runs out of ammo, thus slowing down the game for both attacking and defending player.

this solution/small nerf will make it so the shield wont slow down the game as badly but will still be effective against turret and auto fire.

just an idea before someone does something drastic like taking the thing out of the game because its just as bad if not worse for slowing the game down as armor lock was in reach.

-uneditedbrute

nades and explosives counter it

also, vehicles can run em’ over

> nades and explosives counter it
>
> also, vehicles can run em’ over

You can’t cross-map a grenade you know…

And also, i think a hole in the middle of the shield is a good idea, but the aesthetics would be ruined a bit.

> > nades and explosives counter it
> >
> > also, vehicles can run em’ over
>
> You can’t cross-map a grenade you know…
>
> And also, i think a hole in the middle of the shield is a good idea, but the aesthetics would be ruined a bit.

still, you can throw Grenades pretty far is you angle them right,
but i get wat your saying

there are still explosive power weapons
and vehicles

It has enough weaknesses as it is. It’s one of the few things to counter the OP DMR at range.

as far as the hole it would be on the side (similar to a jackles sheild) by the hand so it would take a few shots to kill someone with no sheild through it. but at least you could kill them. vs hoping a vehicle can get them or a lucky nade across the map.

I am not fond of it myself, however if people use it in Infinity Slayer then its easily countered, its Big Team Battle that seems to suffer at times due to it.

To be honest I feel it should of stayed in Campaign, Spartan Ops, otherwise it does act as a way to simply slow down the gameplay as a whole. I wish they would of learned a lesson with all of that through Halo Reach, Armorlock, seems however they only learned that Armorlock was to powerful and instead made a weaker portable version of it.

Was Armour Lock not portable too, iirc it always went wherever you went LOL!!