Promethean Pistol: Invaluable?

I just noticed this but it would seem that it can Headshot, that coupled with the fact that its a mini shotgun of sorts makes this SECONDARY amazing.

Im not sure how powerful the secondary firing mode is, but I could easily use that attack to knock someone’s shield out then get a headshot. Keep in mind that this is a secondary weapon that can be spawned with.

I hope it takes a while to unlock it.

It’s like the shotgun pistol from ME3…love it

Bolshot Pistol,When firing rapid its like any other pistol,but when you charge it like a plasma pistol you have a shotgun affect

Powerful yes, OP no.

The Pistol is better outside of CQC and the Plasma Pistol is obviously better against shields and the Shotgun Blast has a charge up that automatically goes off. This one seems to be the most situational.

That’s not saying it isn’t good though, the Shotgun blast is deadly if you track your target and will kill them at maybe a little more than the range of Halo 3’s Shotgun did.

That pistol seems pretty badass, can’t wait to try it.

Overcharge is going to be abused by newbies.

watches Halo 4 videos that are recorded in-game
disgusted

Why, oh why do the bad players get to have good quality footage and the good players have cam quality?

Almost certain the shotty blast from the boltshot sucks at anything other than close range. Also remember, without ‘ammo’, the boltshot has 20 shots. 5 of which are expended with one ‘shotty blast’.

Also, the pistol is better at long range.

I haven’t seen much use of it in gameplay, so I can’t really say anything about it yet.
From what I’ve heard it overcharges just like the Plasma Pistol, but is a “shotgun blast” instead? Sound cool to me.

> I haven’t seen much use of it in gameplay, so I can’t really say anything about it yet.
> From what I’ve heard it overcharges just like the Plasma Pistol, but is a “shotgun blast” instead? Sound cool to me.

It doesn’t overcharge like the Plasma Pistol. It charges like the Spartan Lazer (But I don’t know if you can stop mid-charge). So you can’t hold it and fire when you want, after a short while of charging, it will automatically fire. So it takes skill in knowing when you charge it. Charge it too soon, the enemy isn’t close enough to do damage, charge it too late, you could be dead before you are able to fire it.

First. the boltshot is not hitscan, so the human pitsol will allways be better at mid-long range.

Second. the boltshot has no EMP effect, so you cant use it for noob combos or against vehicles.

Third. the secondary fire will be like useing a spartan laser inside shotgun range. its possible, but hard.

Fourth.

> I hope it takes a while to unlock it.

this is a HORRIBLE thing to say. think about it this way, should 343i give rockets to people who are the highest level? Yoink no! if they are going to give power weapons out in the loadouts, then they should be unlocked right away so that new players arnt killed over and over again because everyone else has better weapons. (but the boltshot wont be a power weapon, so we dont need to worry about this)

> It’s like the shotgun pistol from ME3…love it

If it performs anything near as good as the Talon, then I will be very pleased.

It looks to me like the Boltshot charge is as powerful as the Mawler.

it is looking like a go-to secondary weapon for this Spartan :wink:

Does anyone know if the Boltshot has a scope? Because if it does, I’m using the Boltshot for sure. If not I think I’ll primarily use the Magnum for the superior range.

> it is looking like a go-to secondary weapon for this Spartan :wink:

I hope you dont unlock guns in a specific order, higher rank guns become more popular just to show off in unlock trees

Inb4 “too overpowered.”

It has 10 bullets in a clip. Shoots fast and can get headshots. Charge it up, and it’s like a charging up Mauler. Me Gusta!